Sign in to follow this  
scottharvey

Supercharging an e30

325 with a cam, N/A is where it's at.

Everyones turboing BMWs now.

P.S Supercharger was tempting but just bought the mrs a new BMW so that'll do for spending money for a while, house last month etc.

325 with a cam, N/A is where it's at.

Everyones turboing BMWs now.

P.S Supercharger was tempting but just bought the mrs a new BMW so that'll do for spending money for a while, house last month etc.

everyone's turboing? i know of maybe 3 whos the others?

n/a has its place but to make good power you cant beat forced induction more air equals more power reving an engine within a inch of its life to make 20-30 more horse power versus 7psi to gain 50% more power over stock well you decide

Edited by crunchy

everyone's turboing? i know of maybe 3 whos the others?

n/a has its place but to make good power you cant beat forced induction more air equals more power reving an engine within a inch of its life to make 20-30 more horse power versus 7psi to gain 50% more power over stock well you decide

some people dont post everything on bimmersport ;)

some people dont post everything on bimmersport ;)

and there rest arnt mind readers

dollar for dollar you cant be some sort of hair dryer most comments Ive scene regarding "lets do n/a its better" are normally due to a bad experience or just lack of know how with forced induction.

not being a big head here but my turbo set on a little mini just set and land speed record for the fastest 1000cc production car and worlds fastest mini making an easy 380hp now tell me how without a turbo you would do that?

each to their own i guess but with motors i do making great power n/a cost 4 times more than forced

Hmmm , cats out of the bag on that mini now. With 250 + being advertised no wonder the little brick made it past 250 kmh. 380 hp, That beats all the UK guys !

And here am I aiming for 130hp using a 1275 block + ihi rbh5 + 5 port. Shows what an expert can achieve compared to a novice :(

Hmmm , cats out of the bag on that mini now. With 250 + being advertised no wonder the little brick made it past 250 kmh. 380 hp, That beats all the UK guys !

And here am I aiming for 130hp using a 1275 block + ihi rbh5 + 5 port. Shows what an expert can achieve compared to a novice :(

To be honest you dont have to be an expert but unlike some around here listen and youll learn, things can be done with out a deep wallet just learn to think out side the square or as ive always said "just cause its a bmw who said you cant do it".....

That 380 was done on e85 and we ended up turning the power down most of the runs on the salt were done half throttle again just got to know what to do and when to do it.

As per above if n/a is wheres its at then why is F1 going back to turbos and most classes around the planet are along with the new formula ford.

To make power at 15000 plus rpm costs a ton more money than blowing some air up its butt you can make more power on less revs and better economy and lower emissions still think n/a is where its at?

Tell F1 that and get back to me..........

Edited by crunchy

cheap enough just makesure itll fit right hand drive

cheap enough,and potentially nasty enough.

check what the components are,brands etc

what kit did you use on your car??

i custom make everything i do both on my cars and customers

cheap enough,and potentially nasty enough.

check what the components are,brands etc

true and cheers for the diff marty

i custom make everything i do both on my cars and customers

ok how much would you charge then to custom make a turbo kit for my e30??

ok how much would you charge then to custom make a turbo kit for my e30??

you realy dont want to know that one itll scare you off best thing to do is get the manifold the chinese one is fine i can sort you the turbo and you can run an internal gate to keep costs down, if you suck threw the stock afm and use a piggyback ecu with some lucas m42 injectors change pump to mitsi evo turbo youll have enough to make 300hp thatll wake your car up big time, if you want to make it stronger then use m50 rods and steel head gasket and caps screws for bolts itll run all day without issues

you realy dont want to know that one itll scare you off best thing to do is get the manifold the chinese one is fine i can sort you the turbo and you can run an internal gate to keep costs down, if you suck threw the stock afm and use a piggyback ecu with some lucas m42 injectors change pump to mitsi evo turbo youll have enough to make 300hp thatll wake your car up big time, if you want to make it stronger then use m50 rods and steel head gasket and caps screws for bolts itll run all day without issues

ILL PM U