Sign in to follow this  
CSET

M TOY M3

...your little pig ear (piglet ear)?

What the...! Thanks for translating Dubman - it made my day!

Hybrid - interesting, thanks for the info. I figured the front bumper & bonnet had been resprayed, as there are so few stonechips. It's had a few p-plates before; M3 GTR, GTR M3 and more recently DRIFTX. Not sure why they'd put M3 GTR on there, as it's not one. There were only something like 8 real ones made AFAIK.

Central3 - the gearknob was a gift, so I don't know how much it would cost sorry. Very interesting about Lux soap flakes - I'd give it a go and post before/after pics - Thanks! I'll keep you posted about progress with the steering wheel.

I've taken Julian's advice and bought some Tech Wax - The results speak for themselves!

I also removed and repainted the standard HK rear speaker covers. Got sick of the dirty brushed plastic look. I used crinkled heat paint in the standard colour to add some texture, and cleared over the top for some depth - pics to come.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Shiny! You can't go wrong with clay bar and Tech 2.0 wax! Reminds me I really ought to give mine another wax treatment... The last one has just lasted so long and so well!

My two live on it.

Another good one is the quick detailer to help keep the wax in great shape ... after washing, a top up with that it works wonders.

Also I've started using carnauba wax on the wheels ... unbeatible shine.

Saw your car a couple of weeks ago on an on-ramp, wheels and paint looked very sharp, and exhaust sounded great on take off. Was wondering what it was!

Surprised to hear it used to be the 'M3 GTR' car - still remember admiring it many years ago, with the ACS lip, cruising around Queen St or parked around the Metropolis. From memory it already had an exhaust back then, perhaps the same one?

Btw the words on the pic are in chinese. Front says 'I really miss you' and the back says '...I love you... remember to think of me... husband (hubby)...' :lol:

The tri-colour stitching on the steering wheel will probably clean up pretty easily with the leather cleaner. I'm currently in the middle of restoring my leather seats so can let you know if I get good results.

I don't know what your seat are like but if the are shiney rather than a nice matt finish then a good clean will sort this. I never use cleaning products for this. I was told by a very experienced upholstry tech that Lux soap flakes are the bees knees and after trying it I have never looked back.

Tried Lux soap flakes this weekend on seats and my old steering wheel (currently refurbing M sport steering wheel so had nothing to lose!) - great results. Has brought seats and wheel to light satin finish. Another good clean will probably bring them back to matte. Gave all the leather a good dose of Meguiar's leather conditioner afterwards so it didn't dry out from the soap.

Awesome - thanks for this piece of advice!

Another for cleaning and conditoning leather is shaving foam that contains lanolin. Work a treat on motorcycle leathers that were subjected to 9000 km of adventure riding in South America. Lady that made motorcycle leathers put me on to it.

Seen your car Sunday heading south on the motorway, just thought I'd say the car looked and sounded amazing!! Always love seeing a car like that on the road =D

"Soon to be week-end car"??

What happened to the wife's driving lessons then?? :ph34r:

Seen your car Sunday heading south on the motorway, just thought I'd say the car looked and sounded amazing!! Always love seeing a car like that on the road =D

Heh, thanks mate! I can't remember where we were going that day - probably just enjoying the stunning weather! Be sure to give me a toot next time!

"Soon to be week-end car"??

What happened to the wife's driving lessons then?? :ph34r:

Clutches are expensive... :ph34r:

To be honest, we really need to get our A into G, but there's no point if she's not driving it each day (for a while at least).

Saw this today at Carfolie while getting the Silvia tinted.

Looks immaculate man :)

Thank you mate! Car Folie did a great job mid-week tinting the windows. This is the fifth car I've had tinted, and in fact the fifth place I've been to for window tinting. After meeting Seth and seeing the results from his team's work - I simply wouldn't go anywhere else.

While they were tinting the car, I spied a car they were wrapping in the background. I got into talking with Seth about roof wraps, which I hadn't really considered before. Lo and behold, the car was booked back in on Friday to get the roof done.

I didn't like the thought of gloss, matte is a bit dull against the paint and I thought CF-look film might look a little off. Seth recommended Satin black - which turned out bloody good!

Posted Image

Edited by CSET

Looks good! Any more photos?

Not at the mo' - I don't really know my way around a camera so all of these are cell phone pics. I plan to talk nicely to someone to get some decent photos sometime!

Not at the mo' - I don't really know my way around a camera so all of these are cell phone pics. I plan to talk nicely to someone to get some decent photos sometime!

If I end up getting an M3 I'd be keen to do a photoshoot and borrow my girlfriend's nice camera :)

Can do a photos for you ... would be my pleasure to shoot your car.

If I end up getting an M3 I'd be keen to do a photoshoot and borrow my girlfriend's nice camera :)

I approve of this purchase - for the sole purpose of a photoshoot :D

Can do a photos for you ... would be my pleasure to shoot your car.

Cor, that's really nice of you - thanks Hybrid! I'd drop you a PM

Your car looks awesome!

My only bone of contention is that you put some sh*t ar$e Altenzo's on. Surely a car such as yours deserves better?

Your car looks awesome!

My only bone of contention is that you put some sh*t ar$e Altenzo's on. Surely a car such as yours deserves better?

Yep, daily driver with pretty high camber and no track time planned in the short term. Gotta be practical for now. Besides, it seems to handle fine for what I need at the mo'. Definitely the first on the list when its a weekender.

See you every now and then in the morning on Upper Harbour Highway. Looks sensational in person!!

Any more photos of this? Such an awesome car - just read through the whole thread :P

Is the lip a genuine Strassentech?

Any more photos of this? Such an awesome car - just read through the whole thread :P

Is the lip a genuine Strassentech?

Heh thanks bud! Apart from the regular wash/detail last weekend & dry-off run, M TOY hasn't been getting much love recently!

The lip is a fibreglass jobby - more to protect the bumper from stonechips on the road. Does a bloody good job at it, too – sits quite low at the front so covers a fair percentage of the lower portion of the bumper cover.

Only real update is that Team Mac replaced the RTAB’s - it never felt 100% planted at the rear when changing lanes under load; definitely recommend doing this if you’re experiencing the same! Made a world of difference.

Seth and the team at Car Folie did a great job on the tints and roof wrap, however the tint not completely sticking to the dot matrix on the rear window has been bugging me ever since. Thought I’d get over it, but I’m a little OCD. I’m not keen to take a chance at re-doing the whole rear screen, and really like the tint film Seth’s put on there – so I’ve been doing a fair amount of research and think I have found a solution. Watch this space for results!

Rear screen (sorry for the dark picture, nighttime in the garage with bright fluro lights):

Posted Image

I've been saving like mad this year, so hope to have a little to spend on M TOY in the 2nd half of the year.

The wish list has been modified slightly (as always!):

Genuine CSL wheels with Michelin PS3 or PSS – now that it’s officially a weekender, I can retire the daily wheels and tyres and justify spending a little more on good stuff. I do not want to make this into a 'wanna-be CSL', but I just love the shape of the CSL style 163's. Still thinking about this one.

Recover touch surfaces – as before, there’s a small nick on the steering wheel trim that’s been bugging me, and the coloured stitching is looking a bit dull. Instead of a recover, the best bet is probably to get a new wheel from BMW.

Here’s a generic sunset photo I took outside work a couple of weeks ago – shows off the brown tint in the colour a bit:

Posted Image

Looks so good... I can't get that image out of my mind when I saw your car on the motorway near Newmarket. Must see this again in real life sometime...

Colour looks absolutely stunning there! If you do retire the wheels let me know as I MAY be interested depending on timing. Just about to PM you.