Sign in to follow this  
CSET

M TOY M3

Hmmm, I don't think they work on an E46.

Other ones are much more fitting for the cars shape / vintage.

I disagree - I think they really suit the car's shape (that said, I'm also a big fan of mixing vintage of wheels and chassis). The world would be a boring place if we were all the same!

I like it alot. Reminiscent of the original 18" staggered m3 wheels but definitely has a newer feel to it.

• Like 1

I was seriously considering these wheels on a recent TM auction. I'm a fan.

Is this a modified ride height?

• Like 1

I think they look great with your e46 M3, Christian. The colour combination really works too. Kudos.

• Like 1

I like the look of the new wheels gives a very cool circuit look, feel the rear tyres could be a little bigger in profile and a 10mm spacer to properly fill out the rear gaurd.

• Like 1

I disagree - I think they really suit the car's shape (that said, I'm also a big fan of mixing vintage of wheels and chassis). The world would be a boring place if we were all the same!

Fair enough :P

I like the look of the new wheels gives a very cool circuit look, feel the rear tyres could be a little bigger in profile and a 10mm spacer to properly fill out the rear gaurd.

I agree mate, fronts are ok but 5mm more profile in the rear plus maybe 10mm spacer would sit nicely. I want to make sure they won't rub as-it, I've had some pretty bad rubbing issues with other wheels on this car in the past (but to be fair they were 10.5in wide!)

I was seriously considering these wheels on a recent TM auction. I'm a fan.

Is this a modified ride height?

Me too was so lucky they turned up at the right time! Yep running H&R race springs - from memory about 35-40mm drop, so not massively different to stock.

Edit: another pic that shows the colour better, they're quite dark

25910059054_9cc5308396_b.jpgIMG_0856 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Compared to the CSL's on the front (slightly different angle, but you get the idea):

26489200296_0b967d2001_b.jpgIMG_2983 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Edited by cset

Very nice - I'm in the camp of thinking that they look awesome on your car - and I don't usually like mixing wheels and cars of different eras!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went for a proper drive on the new wheels last weekend, and having a little more sidewall on smaller wheels seemed to give the car a more stable feeling on the road. It didn't seem so bouncy or jittery over bumps, and was still quite planted at 99kph - not sure how much of this was a placebo with shiny new wheels tho tbh.

I'm still chipping away at the odd thing here & there on this car. The boys at AutoStance kindly applied a 5d carbon film to the roof panel. Whilst I'm a huge fan of real carbon fiber and all the other carbon parts on this car are genuine, I can't afford a new roof panel. Besides, I'm not a good enough driver to justify the weight saving of a real carbon roof, so this is purely for aesthetics.

This wrap is awesome, and adds nicely to the look imo. If you're after carbon wrap definitely check them out - Matt or Heino at autostance.co.nz or just pm me and I'll send details.

26358609914_f3e950372b_b.jpgRoof3 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

26869985372_9bbfa17f78_b.jpgRoof1 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Close up

26667296400_df8f077963_b.jpgFake by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

• Like 1

That wrap material looks quite good, most don't. What's "5d carbon"? Just a brand thing or does it mean something?

• Like 1

That wrap material looks quite good, most don't. What's "5d carbon"? Just a brand thing or does it mean something?

I did a bit of research and it seems that carbon wrap comes in different 'grades'. Not sure if this is an official thing across brands or just a guideline tho.

s-l300.jpg

Also a shot from the front

26869981512_3e801b16e0_b.jpgRoof2 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Edit - I had a layer of 3M protection film applied to the front splitter after the last Rally to help protect it against gravel rash. It was pretty bad haha

26359959353_df455ceca1_b.jpg13086877_1054817571231770_5435005651463935159_o by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Edited by cset
  • Like 5

I was lucky to have the chance to compare the fake carbon roof against some real ones over the past few days. Not bad!

26396488443_277d37720f_b.jpgFest4 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

• Like 3

Mmm carbon roof, recaros.

When will the fun end!!

Maybe put a different engine under the hood? jk

• Like 1

Mmm carbon roof, recaros.

When will the fun end!!

Maybe put a different engine under the hood? jk

The fun never ends! S54 is more than enough power for me - the car has a lot more potential than the driver in this case. Which I like - I'm still learning how to drive it properly.

• Like 1

The fun never ends! S54 is more than enough power for me - the car has a lot more potential than the driver in this case. Which I like - I'm still learning how to drive it properly.

So wise

338hp is enough for anyone :P

Plus at least you get to actually use ALL the power by reving right out to go fast.

Can't do that with the new age turbo cars, they have too much torque & power so you're pushed beyond safe limits too quickly, less fun IMO, especially when you have to lift off :(

As they say, less is more!

• Like 1

If you don't like the wing you definitely won't like what's coming next haha

26833557280_d43f9efb7b_b.jpgRecaros1 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Wow those look awesome , what model / type recaros are those mate? are they direct bolt in?

Not sure on exact model mate. I've had these seats in another car for a year or so, and love the balance of comfort vs support. Way more comfy than my old fixed back racing seats, and much more supportive than OEM M3 ones. Plus they look <3 in full alcantara.

They don't bolt in directly, you need aftermarket floor mounts, as well as spare seat & airbag occupancy sensors from BMW (unless you're happy to hack up your OEM seats). The added bonus of aftermarket mounts is you can interchange a variety of bucket vs reclining seats with ease.

• Like 1

Not sure on exact model mate. I've had these seats in another car for a year or so, and love the balance of comfort vs support. Way more comfy than my old fixed back racing seats, and much more supportive than OEM M3 ones. Plus they look <3 in full alcantara.

They don't bolt in directly, you need aftermarket floor mounts, as well as spare seat & airbag occupancy sensors from BMW (unless you're happy to hack up your OEM seats). The added bonus of aftermarket mounts is you can interchange a variety of bucket vs reclining seats with ease.

it just so happens i do have a spare set of seat and believe the sensors are all in tact hmmm, i'd love a set of these one day...must add to list.

• Like 1

it just so happens i do have a spare set of seat and believe the sensors are all in tact hmmm, i'd love a set of these one day...must add to list.

Hey mate after some digging around it seems these seats were an option for the Evo 8 MR. Here's some that were up for sale a little while ago: http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/mitsubishi/interior/auction-1078406135.htm

You'll probably have more luck buying them in oz, I found a few listings over there, including this one where he said they're from an S2000. Worth looking into, but I can't find any pics of s2k's with these seats: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/liverpool/other-parts-accessories/genuine-recaro-evo-8-mr/1113343030

• Like 1