Sign in to follow this  
CSET

M TOY M3

Finally an update..! Spent some time preparing the e92 wheels today & ceramic coated them. I'd put this off because of all the spokes, took a fair while to coat them properly..! Looking forward to putting these back on for the winter months. The tyres on these wheels are good brands but very old & hard, so I'm replacing them also.

33043656222_e3b43f1a4c_b.jpgE92m318s by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

I put my e92 wheels on with new semi slicks today. Shoutout to Nan at The Bling Company for the tyres, and the lads at Autostance for fitting them to the wheels & balancing for me. 

32555648303_9f69f32271_b.jpg18s1 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

32987268970_867214af6d_b.jpg18s4 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

32526919504_6a70248ab6_b.jpg18s2 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

32555612703_6d7ed6efd0_b.jpg18s3 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

• Like 1

Just curious, what made you guys switch to the Mohs coating from CQuartz and Ceramic pro?

And what's your option of it after having it on your car, compared to the regular store-bought coatings and waxes?
It sure looks good in the photos. Does the coating make it easier to wash? Does it still get water spots after rain?

I've been considering it, even though it is pricey. 

On 3/12/2017 at 10:45 AM, Matth5 said:

Just curious, what made you guys switch to the Mohs coating from CQuartz and Ceramic pro?

And what's your option of it after having it on your car, compared to the regular store-bought coatings and waxes?
It sure looks good in the photos. Does the coating make it easier to wash? Does it still get water spots after rain?

I've been considering it, even though it is pricey. 

Good questions. MOHS+ is more durable, lasts longer and looks better than C.Quartz. You can even tell by comparing the photos of my car with C.Quartz a few pages back & with MOHS+. This car is both easy to clean and stays clean longer (ceramics help repel dirt, dust and contamination).

For us we get direct support, are certified as applicators (and as distributors, meaning we can sell ceramic coatings as well as apply them), and are part of a wide & established professional network. 

Give me a bell if you'd like some more info - 021 832 609 | christian@ocdetailing.co.nz

Mistyped 'opinion' as 'option', but looks like you knew what I meant.

I'll shoot you an email for quotes, even if I decide not to do the whole car, I reckon I'll get my new rims done before I get them mounted :)

• Like 2

Couple of outside shots from today. I'm loving the fitment, smaller diameter wheels but slightly more aggressive offset, suits the car imo. 

32607373834_a976a256b9_b.jpg18s6 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

33294690562_0852a23cab_b.jpg18s7 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

32607353184_3b8249f0d0_b.jpg18s8 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

33409924976_79c82f0e51_b.jpg18s9 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

33450241965_acc4ce9f42_b.jpg18s10 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

33322121911_a16658e36d_b.jpg18s11 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

• Like 2

Those wheels do look good!  Not sure if you could improve on them at all really.

Car looks staunch!

LOVE those photos. Mate, do you realise you have 32k views!? That's insane. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atlantiskiwi said:

Car looks staunch!

LOVE those photos. Mate, do you realise you have 32k views!? That's insane. 

Cheers mate, most of the views are probably me :lol:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Michael. said:

I like those wheels now. Damn cool pic! 

Cheers mate, better-sized tyres & 10mm spacers help a lot I think. Fronts were too wide before and rears sat in too far, looked weird. 

• Like 1

Farewell 5d carbon roof wrap, you were awesome.

34003298556_3ff47d7fb1_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Much paint correction later

33659094360_aca1214f82_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

34336899426_6ddb1195cf_b.jpg33201121684_ed1441e067_o by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

I was still not happy, check out the deep scratches around the light reflection. These are actually my fault, I had a magnetic aerial on there for one of the early Gumboot Rallies. There's only about 80 microns of paint left on this panel so I didn't have much to work with.

So I took it to the guys at GT Refinishers for a respray of the panel. What they do is entirely up to them, Grant suggested a base of black with a layer of silver xirallac which sounds pretty interesting to me. Let's see what comes back!

• Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 9:35 PM, CSET said:

They are pretty low - which suits me ok being lanky but probably wouldn't suit many others!

Pulled the seats out again today and moved rails back an inch on the drivers side - seating position is now absolutely spot on! Thanks again to Atlantiskiwi you rock.

Are you using the NZKW sliding rails for those seats? side brackets or bottom mount? Im wanting to install a racing bucket but need to make sure its sits lower than the factory seats as I find im sitting way to high in them, im 6'1"  Cheers.

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 1:17 PM, CSET said:

Why didn't I get this console sooner, makes so much difference with lower seats! 

28867156441_f1e8e14e9c_b.jpgConsole by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Also tried my cover over big wang. It kind of works, but looks lol.

28324764954_0c6d94bc92_b.jpgCover by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Ive been looking for one of the arm rest delete consoles, where did you get your from?  Mint looking car bro!

2 hours ago, Funkyflynz said:

Ive been looking for one of the arm rest delete consoles, where did you get your from?  Mint looking car bro!

should have some

4 hours ago, Funkyflynz said:

Are you using the NZKW sliding rails for those seats? side brackets or bottom mount? Im wanting to install a racing bucket but need to make sure its sits lower than the factory seats as I find im sitting way to high in them, im 6'1"  Cheers.

Yep bottom-mount, they had them in stock at their shop bottom of Parnell Rise. Prob worth calling ahead! I'm the same height as you, and they are perfect for me. They sit quite a bit lower than factory, however I'm not sure how much of that is the different height of seat padding in my Recaros. 

3 hours ago, Funkyflynz said:

I bought mine from BMW but definitely check with Brent first (see post below yours). If you order through BMW make sure to mention trim colour you're after & confirm it's the RHD part! It also needs a mounting bracket (see Google for part #'s).

The boys at GT dropped my car back this arvo. I'd asked them to leave it flat sanded so I can correct it myself; so this isn't a true representation of their delivery to a client! 

The mystery begins, what could be revealed under the sanding!!!! Ben mentioned there were a couple of surprises he'd left me!

33577950294_a8f52a1c6f_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

34260565632_da47442783_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

34261288432_551bbc2f08_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Into it! 

33578686304_b2b0318e38_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

I asked Ben at GT to sign the roof somewhere under the clear coat - check this out! What an awesome sig, even includes the year he did the work. Mint. 

33610460243_f2b7c9002d_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

33578698474_4430e0aa65_b.jpg by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

A few sets into heavy compounding, starting to take shape. Check out the before/after! Looks like they've worked off a base of black, excellent! This means the roof will look black indoors or out of direct sunlight

34379121586_ecfb02157f_b.jpg by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

34038843620_32c937976d_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

A few more sets of heavy cutting removed the deep sanding marks. Time for a machine polish & refine.

34381462466_1f966b1ed0_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Checking with a swirl light, and there's the second surprise - holy sh*t look at that colour :o:o I simply cannot wait to get this into the sun, this is going to look spectacular

33580981744_168b8c7bd3_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

34292641641_5474ce7253_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

• Like 3

I ceramic coated the roof tonight as it's been a month or so since it was painted, this should allow enough time for the paint to 'gas off'. Looks glorious, it's more reflective than the glass sunroof haha. 

Also Scott at East Tamaki Auto did a bit of work over the past week or so; removed the cats from Section 1 and welded in stainless straight pipes, fixed my sticky handbrake and fitted the BMW M Performance short shift kit I've had in my garage for the past 3 years haha. Shift is much shorter, and the shifter sits about 1/2 an inch lower which is nice for my low Recaro seats. And it sounds spectacular. Will take a vid over the next few days. Quite loud & raspy, but no drone and the overrun is glorious. It's straight piped through to the Supersprint 'Race' muffler (which seems to do bugger all muffling anyway).

• Like 1

Looks amazing.  What did you do about the sensors when you removed the cats?  Looking forward to the clips as it's something I have been thinking about doing.

I have it booked with NZ Performance Tuning on Wednesday, but it actually hasn't thrown a code yet. Watching with interest what happens over next couple of days. 

Cool, are they doing a custom tune or is it just to check fault codes and program them out?  

Edited by Funkyflynz