Sign in to follow this  
CSET

M TOY M3

1 minute ago, qube said:

plastidip?

Yep, with a matte clear on top. Let's see how it holds up to a few hundred hot kms..! I'm not expecting great things in terms of durability, but I do have multiple sets so these won't get much use (for comparison purposes I worked out yesterday that I've driven <100kms in two years on my Style 127's...!) 

I thought it doesnt hold up well to getting new tyres mounted once it is dipped.

Looks pretty decent though!

1 hour ago, qube said:

I thought it doesnt hold up well to getting new tyres mounted once it is dipped.

Looks pretty decent though!

Will soon find out :D  I'm not too fussed as they're already pretty munched, it's nice to have a set of wheels I really don't care much about. 

Are those ankle slicers legal on the road?

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

Are those ankle slicers legal on the road?

Ankle slicers? e39 m5 wheels on with semis:

41040587761_de997b8d4d_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

40332075944_3bdf5002d7_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

26169789397_703a7011dd_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

39231976980_0e7843277f_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Comparison with OEM '999' CSL wheels - check out the offset difference...! Lots of people space the CSL fronts. 

26169773377_30cb619a19_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

26169772897_0764ff3908_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

26169784057_b9b9451902_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

47 minutes ago, CSET said:

Ankle slicers? e39 m5 wheels on with semis:

No :) the canards...

I am not sure how you are lifting that whole right side of the car, but I wouldn’t do that on that rear jack spot to lift one full side - the rear jack spots are known to collapse into the chassis when you do that. Use the front jack point if you want to lift one side with the wheels off the ground like that.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, M3AN said:

No :) the canards...

Oh right, I don’t see why they wouldn’t be..? 

18 hours ago, CSET said:

Oh right, I don’t see why they wouldn’t be..? 

Protrusions wider than the car and/or forward of the front bumper I think. I'm not complaining but it may pay to check if you're going to keep them on in case some 'too cool for school' cop tries to rip them off on the side of the road.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, M3AN said:

Protrusions wider than the car and/or forward of the front bumper I think. I'm not complaining but it may pay to check if you're going to keep them on in case some 'too cool for school' cop tries to rip them off on the side of the road.

Cheers man, didn't think about that. My road code is coming flooding back to me from the 1990's :lol: Something about pedestrian safety iirc.

I wonder how people with bull bars get away with it? Compared to a stuck on bit of carbon fiber, I know which I'd rather be hit with....!

Edited by CSET
I can't spell

On 28/03/2018 at 12:13 PM, CSET said:

...I wonder how people with bull bars get away with it...

That's quite a good question, there must be an exception of some description, perhaps if they're connected directly to the chassis? Not that that would help peds at all...

Couple more detailed shots ready for the weekend. Plan is to replace all the big aero with standard bodywork after the rally, along with swapping the seats, wheels etc for winter. 

27251921928_e9d0e673e6_b.jpgMTOY by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

40413968644_e6e8402cb0_b.jpgMTOY1 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

40413970304_e9d25f12bd_b.jpgMTOY2 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

41081529732_f9b6df1b68_b.jpgMTOY3 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

27251920698_2bd452de63_b.jpgMTOY6 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

• Like 1

As always, there are a few changes upcoming for MTOY, especially now that Gumboot is out of the way. I've scored a replacement standard bumper thanks to @JohnM575 cheers bro. I'll be converting the bodywork, seats and trim back to my OEM parts over the next couple of weeks for LVVT cert. Also got a new set of road tyres for the Style 260M 18's, so could be a good chance to try these out. 

Pretty happy with how this is turning out; my goal to build an M3 'RS' of sorts in the vein of my dream Porsche road racer is getting closer. Still need to get the roll bar welded in and a few interior trims replaced (door pull straps, embroidery on seats etc) but we're getting closer. I made the added challenge of having everything easily replaceable with stock parts in my garage. For a weld-in cage this is rather difficult but for the most part we're doing well. 

Pic from a late night drive we did recently:

40623260124_51f4da8bf3_b.jpg29983735_1751187028321476_8753053471622856322_o by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Edited by CSET
  • Like 3

On 4/14/2018 at 1:41 PM, Michael. said:

Doing anything with the exhaust? It's pretty loud :P 

Yep good point, I don't actually have an OEM muffler!! Should pick one of those up too from somewhere, anyone have one they don't want/need?

Edit: this lack-of-standard-muffler situation may now be resolved, thanks to @HELLBM !

Edited by CSET

Part of the way there. Picked up a standard muffler from Ray at @HELLBM thank you again mate. Spent a bit of time on it y'day:

40699603785_7005184d80_c.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

40699603795_b03576d687_c.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

41551002512_a1e44957a2_c.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

27721576218_2f191ae8d7_c.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

40699603825_fa3bc9bcbb_c.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Also have swapped bootlid, indicators & wheels, yet to put in standard seats and front bumper. Also have replacement OEM chrome grilles & side vents on the way, this car is going to be more standard than it ever has in my ownership haha. 

40880499564_1593746517_c.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

40880499524_a0204edea5_c.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

26723407947_84a3eae070_c.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

• Like 1

On 3/28/2018 at 12:13 PM, CSET said:

Cheers man, didn't think about that. My road code is coming flooding back to me from the 1990's :lol: Something about pedestrian safety iirc.

I wonder how people with bull bars get away with it? Compared to a stuck on bit of carbon fiber, I know which I'd rather be hit with....!

Not to mention your pedestrian, having had her/his ankles sliced, has now gone over your windscreen, only to get sliced by that OTT wing.   Good to see you've restored it to normal!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Olaf said:

Not to mention your pedestrian, having had her/his ankles sliced, has now gone over your windscreen, only to get sliced by that OTT wing.   Good to see you've restored it to normal!

Don’t hold back, tell us what you really think :lol:

it's my pleasure.  :D

• Haha 1

Isn’t the purpose of LVVT certification to certify “modifications”??? Lol?!!! Seems counter productive what you are doing?! 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, M3_Power said:

Isn’t the purpose of LVVT certification to certify “modifications”??? Lol?!!! Seems counter productive what you are doing?! 

What do you think I’m doing?