CSET

M TOY M3

better story in this thread than 50 shades of grey

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, qube said:

better story in this thread than 50 shades of grey

That's not really an achievement tbh ?

Back on the hoist again. Do you like the '70's dragster stance?

40204034710_00ac009c8e_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Replacing bolts on suspension arms & wheel bolts for cert. The rear muffler looks spectacular 

40204040570_e02513cc84_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

28138304398_555d0c4509_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Bling bling wheel bolts (my standard bolts only did 6 turns, not the 6.5 turns required by cert standards).

42010894121_620d1be537_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Back for re-check next Tues, should get plate in a week or two following

Edited by CSET

Stripes removed for a bit, still waiting on my factory front grilles to turn up. Front lip already pretty muched

40391826930_7b7bf6ee3e_c.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

40391826820_a51e482b1f_c.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

New factory filters turned up, but I'm liking this factory exhaust + K&N intake combo. The noise is impressive, was completely drowned out when I had the Supersprint exhaust on hence I'd never heard it before. Sounds angry. 

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:07 PM, CSET said:

That's not really an achievement tbh ?

Back on the hoist again. Do you like the '70's dragster stance?

40204034710_00ac009c8e_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Replacing bolts on suspension arms & wheel bolts for cert. The rear muffler looks spectacular 

40204040570_e02513cc84_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

28138304398_555d0c4509_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Bling bling wheel bolts (my standard bolts only did 6 turns, not the 6.5 turns required by cert standards).

42010894121_620d1be537_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Back for re-check next Tues, should get plate in a week or two following

NO , sorry.

• Haha 1

It's hard to improve on one of the most perfect production cars!

(apart from the subframe thing) :p 

• Like 1

I forgot how good the chrome grilles look on E46 M3s, everyone does them black so it's become cool to do it as stock haha :P

I got my Soarer cert-ed at that same place, went there enough to recognize it. 

Edited by Michael.
  • Like 1

Swapped Supersprint mufflers back on yesterday, along with the e9x 18's and one of the race seats. It's still half practical that way ?

Not sure I had this exhaust installed correctly since new - it's nowhere near as rattly. Sounds good.

42819676362_e67c26d8e0_c.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

41967517895_5b492a614a_c.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

42819676292_d2080b8fc2_c.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

42819676372_6ff7919763_c.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

42819676452_f5269995b0_c.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Jeebus, do you have to take all the rear bumper and wheels off to swap out the muffler? That's a big job.

Or were you just too scared to risk scratching your shiny exhaust..??

29 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Jeebus, do you have to take all the rear bumper and wheels off to swap out the muffler? That's a big job.

Or were you just too scared to risk scratching your shiny exhaust..??

Yep - left hand front bracket nut is nigh-on impossible to get to. So much that the installer of the OEM exhaust hadn't even bothered putting a nut on it..

27999239897_39a8a86e09_c.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Besides, bumper removal on these is bloody easy. 6 bolts, wheel well trims, a couple of clips and reversing sensors. 10m max. 

You need better tools!!!

I’ve never had to drop the bumper to drop that muffler and I’ve done it more times than I care to count. You don’t even need to remove the diffuser. Easily done by one person with all four limbs supporting the bloody thing and a good jack : )

• Like 1

^^ you are right, I could certainly do with better tools!! 

Got out the camera and took some artsy light painting shots on Saturday night. This one turned out pretty rad.

42063055305_b15a4f20af_c.jpg1 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Edit: I also put the black front grilles and corner lamps back in. Looks a bit cleaner with the darker wheels. 

Edited by CSET

Some updates on MTOY. I spent a few hours stripping the rear of the car last week

28483628297_03b74da095_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Then off it went to Ray at Chubb Racing for some scaffolding.

42677879804_c95ae505fd_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

29524682218_6ff64057a7_b.jpg37069382_10212477363432270_2108831085524680704_n by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

43414217971_27f1cdb46f_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Taking shape nicely! In the meantime I've picked up a couple of sets of 6pt harnesses and have some mounting hardware on the way. 

41632533730_6214099e0c_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Once back it's off to GT Refinishers for paint, then I'll start fabricating seat and trim replacements. 

• Like 5

What seats are you running with this set up, race buckets full time or switching back to the recaros?

Wicked.

You're not doing things by half and that's encouraging plus great results.

• Thanks 1

Haha, I had that guy at 'Chubb Racing' do a rear cage in my E36, my engineer friend at the time didn't really think much of the welds when I showed him. 

Wasn't overly happy to find a couple of welds splatters had burnt holes into the glass and he also scratched the door sill when taking the drivers seat out, dragging the rails on it. 

Hope he did a better job on your car! 

14 hours ago, hunter said:

What seats are you running with this set up, race buckets full time or switching back to the recaros?

Not sure yet, probably neither for the meantime - I also have standard seats which I’ll put back in until I get the front buckles relocated and certed. Will have harness mounts fitted too so I can run them for motorsport stuff in the future. 

10 hours ago, Michael. said:

Haha, I had that guy at 'Chubb Racing' do a rear cage in my E36, my engineer friend at the time didn't really think much of the welds when I showed him. 

Wasn't overly happy to find a couple of welds splatters had burnt holes into the glass and he also scratched the door sill when taking the drivers seat out, dragging the rails on it. 

This is the sort of stuff you normally should go back and discuss with the business who performed the job. Did you approach Ray about it? 

I've seen several cars done by him and they're all done to a high standard.

Looks cool !

13 hours ago, Statek said:

This is the sort of stuff you normally should go back and discuss with the business who performed the job. Did you approach Ray about it? 

I've seen several cars done by him and they're all done to a high standard.

Yeah I should have in hindsight, but this was back in 2010 when I was a bit younger and tended to avoid confrontation. I can only imagine I figured what was done was done. I definitely would have brought it up if it were the case today, that said I never let anyone but myself touch my cars these days unless I know they can't stuff things up and it's under my supervision. 

On 7/17/2018 at 12:50 AM, Michael. said:

Although i trusted the person that put my half cage in, i removed all the windows so it was easier for him to get in there, and for this reason.

On 7/17/2018 at 3:55 PM, CSET said:

pics

make sure you get the cage homologated before you paint it, they will need to inspect photos of it and often come back asking for more photos. you cant provide them these after it has been painted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1