Sign in to follow this  
CSET

M TOY M3

Finally an update. Picked up some new hole drillers and chopped up my carbon fiber rear cards. Measured them up somewhat successfully, installed the rear speakers and fitted up nicely. Installation was quite fun with a cage in the way but I got there, and even better the stereo works. Great success.

39912887783_15740487db_b.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

31936479037_403e73f9d0_k.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

31936474527_88518aad5a_k.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

33002371598_adc3b873fa_k.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

33002353058_3a98e33dd9_k.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

39912946603_ed04ab5b61_k.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Pretty happy with interior as it is currently. 

Edited by CSET
  • Like 2

very impressed with the CF work of your Bulgarian friend.  ?

3 hours ago, Olaf said:

very impressed with the CF work of your Bulgarian friend.  ?

These side cards are from Geoff Steel in the UK mate 

2 hours ago, CSET said:

These side cards are from Geoff Steel in the UK mate 

sorry Christian, I was catching up on your thread, was referring to earlier post with the CF inserts for your steering wheel/?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Olaf said:

sorry Christian, I was catching up on your thread, was referring to earlier post with the CF inserts for your steering wheel/?

Oh right haha yeah the weave is good, and fitment perfect - he does great work! Turnaround times are better these days too (used to take months!). 

I don't think there are many people in the world that have drilled carbon fibre door panels to fit speakers around their cage... Will be good to listen to a bit of "getting your race face on" tunes when sitting on the grid.

It's like a real life one of those Hot Wheels Tuners cars where you could swap bits in and out, only a whole lot more epic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

It's like a real life one of those Hot Wheels Tuners cars where you could swap bits in and out

I used to love those..!!! .... If you couldn't tell already ?

Edited by CSET
  • Haha 1

MTOY levelled up today, it was at Concours! Granted it was on my stand, but it still counts! Generated a bit of interest, should take it out more.

47043700631_696e7644cc_b.jpg46130021725_72063dc77e_b.jpg40078836963_08a3b490b6_b.jpg

• Like 4

Saw it while wondering around, looked great. Plate insert at the back was a nice touch. 

• Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 4:52 PM, CSET said:

46130021725_72063dc77e_b.jpg

Tell Ange to smile when she's in your photos!! Was she not enjoying a day out at ANOTHER car meet?

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Tell Ange to smile when she's in your photos!! Was she not enjoying a day out at ANOTHER car meet?

To be fair, she was on the clock. Time is money! 

• Like 1

Last pic on 19's for a while; swapped on the e39 m5 wheels with semi slicks y'day in prep for the next Gumboot Rally.

mY1jDeA.jpg

• Like 1

And just like that it's changed up again. Gumboot Rally in a few weeks, so I've made a few changes. I added clear paint protection film to the headlights as well. Still gotta wire up my CB properly and add the monster aerial - I was talking to someone in Mangere while driving around in Albany a while ago when I tested it haha. 

ZbwPTUn.jpg

P4thdeq.jpg

jOEXNTk.jpg

sUj58nx.jpg

ZYCE94z.jpg

Once the rally is over I'll be swapping it back to standard and running the e92 18's for a bit

• Like 3

Getting a little maintenance in the way of a new diff being built by Kayne at KBM

45% 2 way, 3 plate setup - this should make a bit of a difference..!  

JaxtiCV.jpg

GgfDY7c.jpg

8jvdHCD.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/13/2018 at 5:23 PM, CSET said:

Picked up a set of e39 Style 65's today. The plan is to restore em to an extent and fit some semi's for track/targa work. I have two sets of wheels & tyres already and they're both too good for this. 

40780278731_58a8eaebfe_c.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

39885428855_a7b1b5c174_c.jpgUntitled by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Hi Christian, where did you score these from, wreckers, online? 

I now have an E39 and am wanting a set :D

^^ hi mate, I had my eye on a set for a while but lost the original auction for them. The new owner contacted me when he wanted to sell, and I picked them up. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 1:47 PM, CSET said:

^^ hi mate, I had my eye on a set for a while but lost the original auction for them. The new owner contacted me when he wanted to sell, and I picked them up. 

All good, will keep my eyes peeled. 

Diff finished & back in car now. The Euro Surgeon boys spied some tears in the floor too, it's time for plates. My cage builder (Chubb Racing) is planning to build some extra reinforcement for the shock towers at the rear at the same time. I certainly haven't helped things here by stiffening up the rear so much.

Winter projects:

• Fix tears, build rear section to roll cage / subframe supports (underway as above)
  • Make a GTR bonnet (to be fair this is more GT Refinishers than me, but finally get it sorted). I have scored a spare aluminium m3 bonnet & GTR vents that they can chop up and play round with. 
  • Get yet another boot, replace wing mounts & uprights with billet items, possibly flush mount to the underside of the boot & strengthen (my current spare boot is warped to hell from the current wing mounts). I wouldn't mind making a 'quick-release' loom for the boot as well so I can swap them over easier. It currently takes me around 30m, most of which is mucking around feeding wiring through holes.
  • Sort out rear diffuser - this has actually been designed & built already (one of the ex-Rocket Lab guys designed & built it for me) but has yet to be finished & installed on the car
  • Remove plastidip from the e39 wheels and fix them properly (this is just laziness on my part)
  • ???

I've had the windscreen replaced while the car has been sitting around, and will be looking at ways to protect the glass further from rock chips when I get my hands on it again - watch for results. 

Only pic I've got of this car from the past couple of months ?

RUlqaNq.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

How much did that art piece set you back..?

What's up with this car and knocking noises :lol: That'd explain the 'mild vibration'..

VpIwj1z.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

decent grind on that knuckle too. Any damage to the underside of the car? 

On 6/5/2019 at 11:12 AM, hunter said:

decent grind on that knuckle too. Any damage to the underside of the car? 

Nah not that I can see. Though it sounded like the bottom of the car was coming to bits when it shat itself. 

BtEoi9p.jpg

Driveshaft fixed, balanced and back in the car. I'll have it for a little while till it goes up to my cage builder. New windscreen in, front end paint chips touched up & repaired the splitter at the same time.

5sd0Qr0.jpg

GiCFopA.jpg

I mixed up some paint for the roof chips too - Ben from GT Refinishers painted the panel in a one-off colour ("BSS01" Ben's Special Sauce) with a tonne of flake in there, looks almost gold in the sun. Best I could do, nowhere near the right code but it's better than a chip.

l63OIrC.jpg

Got this car back for a couple of days between repairs & took it to my boy Nick at Autotintz for some work. 

jVqoGNT.jpg

frJYfwy.jpg

S8cHJWB.jpg

zMy1sVo.jpg

Nobody's seeing inside this car while it's getting sitting around gathering dust ?