Sign in to follow this  
CSET

M TOY M3

Great morning man! Cheers for the ride. Sounds grouse, could hear it even while in Ryans car.

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I did a thing, g'bye warning light.

13710031_1099606786752848_84093443836853

Center console has arrived, still waiting on a bracket before I put it in. Have removed armrest console, it's 100% better already.

There's another Gumboot Rally coming up soon so I'm starting to theme up. 100kms of gravel in this one!

I think that unless you put a bypass in (which costs a lot less than that tool - hope you didn't pay for it) then the light will certainly come back.

• Like 1

Armrests suck also in the e36. Glad my car came without, as the Germans intended.

And with two hands on the wheel WTF is the armrest actually for? Traffic lights? Use your lap.

Lol, adding arm rests to my E36s was one of the first mods i did. Guess you dont miss it until you have had one, but it was easily one of the best things i did to them.

In Christian's case, the recaros clearly cause a conflict with the arm rest so i can understand removal. Love the recaros though, they look very much at home in there.

...Guess you dont miss it until you have had one...

If you miss it then you're not holding it right.

It's an utterly redundant accessory.

Edited by M3AN

In your opinion. Why you such a hater. No wonder i visit here less and less.

• Like 1

MTOY finally getting some work. I've never cut this car before (only performed a light polish 2 years ago), so I was genuinely keen to see the result. If anything, the paint has gained a bit more depth!

28446859445_09c004c13c_o.jpg20160721_184822_HDR by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

28446868315_914c1e1902_o.jpg20160721_185022_HDR by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

The interior is looking a bit sad, still waiting for the replacement center console.

27830313164_e047e4ac81_o.jpg20160721_184850_HDR by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

• Like 5

I've finished the cut & polish on MTOY, looking good: 

28383220490_4c9aeed8f7_b.jpg13707584_1101888536524673_7985880867442531520_n by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Next up, full Gyeon Mohs+ coating! Watch this space, should add a whole lot more depth to the paint.

Now that I've removed the armrest, the leather handbrake boot is annoying me. I thought I'd found BMW made an alcantara one to match my CSL handbrake handle, so I ordered it a while ago. Clearly I had the wrong part number as a new replacement leather one arrived instead. I've gone aftermarket, same as this one (black alcantara with black stitching): 

westside_interior_16EDIT.jpg?t=123957429

I'm loving this alcantara + carbon fiber interior theme - it's completely changing the look & feel of the car. Because I'm doing 100km of gravel soon I bought some coloured headlight film to protect the lenses. It turn up & I cut and fitted, but it looked so bloody ugly I've taken it straight off again.

Also after coating:

- Fit new interior kick panels - I've removed old ones, ordered & received new ones and replacement clips. Just need to fit 'em up.
 - Custom indoor car cover (fitted to spoiler boot). 
 - Replace armrests with alcantara (I've found a place that'll do it but it's really expensive)
- I also still haven't fitted the M Short Shift Kit yet (it's been sitting in my garage for 2 years!).

• Like 2

Looks great mate, I also had some issues when I went for Alcantara shift boot and hand brake boot, went through a US company and the wrong items (and color) showed up, from Poland lol. 2 more attempts and returns had it sorted haha. 

It can be a long road chasing what you want when it comes to the right parts for the right car.

Edited by hunter

8 hours ago, hunter said:

Looks great mate, I also had some issues when I went for Alcantara shift boot and hand brake boot, went through a US company and the wrong items (and color) showed up, from Poland lol. 2 more attempts and returns had it sorted haha. 

It can be a long road chasing what you want when it comes to the right parts for the right car.

Hmm ok will see what turns up lol it's not a massively expensive part, and chances are I'll be able to sell it if need be haha

In other news, the guys coated MTOY with Gyeon Mohs+ and Phobic today - looking bloody spectacular curing under our lamps

28657630656_1f7ab5d755_b.jpgMToyGyeon by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

• Like 3

looks like liquid metal, hot stuff!

• Like 1

On 8/1/2016 at 8:28 AM, hunter said:

You had it in one mate - my 'alcantara' turned up and it's rubbish quality haha. I'd actually be embarrassed to put up a photo let alone try sell it. To the bin!

• Like 1

On 8/6/2016 at 11:08 PM, Michael. said:

Whats the  Gyeon Mohs+ cost like?

Pretty cool. 

Depends on size of vehicle mate - see more at http://www.ocdetailing.co.nz/exterior-ceramic-coatings.html

Also note these prices do not include detailing preparation (normally a Stage 3 or Stage 4) - see this here: http://www.ocdetailing.co.nz/detailing-packages.html

Dropped a client off in MTOY this arvo, should do that more often :D so much fun. 

• Like 1

I recommend waiting a month for the paint to fully cure before putting anything on it (including wax)

• Like 1

You've got a big wang? And you're covering it up? Very modest of you! ;)

• Like 5

Couple of pics from the latest rally. Thought I'd put these up already. 100kms of gravel, not bad!

29073032681_25cd272470_b.jpgGR1 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

29045118572_2cd6f95498_b.jpgIMG_4082 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

On the car ferry in Opua

28528977444_aed4b03d78_b.jpgIMG_4086 by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

Now have matching 18's back on. Sorted out what tread was left on the rear INVO's on the rally :) 

Edit: I lost one of the shadowline fender grilles over a bump so bought some spares & fitted, back to new now. Stickers protected front end well, only a couple of stone chips after all that gravel.

Edited by CSET

MTOY is back on the 18's now for a bit. While they have tread left, the tyres are a bit old and they don't handle as well as the INVOs on my CSL wheels, but that's an easy fix with replacements! Pretty keen to try a set of NT-05's given how I use this car (and how few km's I got out of the INVO's I might as well!). Always keen on suggestions?

Current tyres and sizes below
Front 245/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sport (factory sizing 225/45/18)
Rear 265/35/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 (factory sizing 255/40/18).

29805753245_6dc658b744_b.jpgIMG_6752-HDR by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

I could even step the rears up a little in width to 275's and maybe 40 profile to get the same 'chunky' look as on the fronts. I'm a big fan of more tyre where possible, and the fronts look spot on imo. I should have the room in the rear arches for this, even under load and want to avoid spacers if at all possible. 

Replacement fender grille and badge also turned up - in it goes :)

29772531786_562bb685ec_b.jpgFronts by Christian Taylor, on Flickr

• Like 4

Finally some progress! I'm on the hunt for new brake rotors as mine are a bit thin. Good chance to upgrade! I've sent off for pricing on some CSL parts.

M3 CSL oem replacement front rotors & carriers (calipers are the same, but painted black)

M3 CSL oem rear calipers (they have an upgraded piston, I assume this is to counter the increased front bias)

M3 drilled & slotted oem rear rotors (I found a part number - it was apparently an option for the ZCP and CSL, let's see if BMW have stock!)

Goodridge braided brake line kit (aftermarket, but they're definitely an upgrade. I'm cool with that)

Yay, more CSL bits haha *not making a replica*

• Like 1