Sign in to follow this  
Top Secret

Schnitzer E36

He's dreaming ....

Wrong body kit , steering wheel etc. Even the 3.0 E36 version didn't get to 280 hp.

Haha not in a second, that would be well over 100hp per litre if it were true. I just wanted to see if there was ANY truth behind his spiel

He's dreaming ....

Wrong body kit , steering wheel etc. Even the 3.0 E36 version didn't get to 280 hp.

Talking M50BXX ACS 3.0 bored and stroked engine non vanos motor with roughly 240hp rather than S50 with 286hp

When the ACS of around that year came to NZ your M3 hadn't come out put the price was roughly $130k nz (Same as your M3) Once your version came out the performance drifference of the M3 meant the ACS was no longer cost effective.

Didn't realise ACS brought out a stroked 3.0L, that would be a desirable engine to have.

I wouldn't think so... Doesn't even have an ACS bodykit.

He said it came with an ACS kit but changed it for M3 bumpers cause they look better.

How much to put another transmission in?

Car is still missing plaque on dash , Steering wheel button, I think they even had thier own t bar.

The 1993 3.0 version on 325i base

The owner cant prove that the engine is a 3l. If it was i wonder if you can measure the stroke, I think the alpina 3l engine used a different crank I wonder if AC done the same. He really needs a dyno print out. I highly doubt it, look at the work done to an m3. He is claiming the ac is as fast as an m3..

Shouldn't the fact that the seller can't even spell Schnitzer be your first clue that they are full of sh*t!

The owner cant prove that the engine is a 3l. If it was i wonder if you can measure the stroke, I think the alpina 3l engine used a different crank I wonder if AC done the same. He really needs a dyno print out. I highly doubt it, look at the work done to an m3. He is claiming the ac is as fast as an m3..

Test drive it, simple.

Shouldn't the fact that the seller can't even spell Schnitzer be your first clue that they are full of sh*t!

LOL

Oh wow, 23g must be the real deal!

I think he means 2300 lol or he's dreaming

Check the licence plate on carjam for free and it gives you the vin number.. Then go to bmwvin.com and enter the last 7 digits of the vin number. On neither of these sites does it mention schnitzer. And on both sites it's listed as a 2.5lt. if it was the stroked motor wouldn't it be listed as 3ltr?

Check the licence plate on carjam for free and it gives you the vin number.. Then go to bmwvin.com and enter the last 7 digits of the vin number. On neither of these sites does it mention schnitzer. And on both sites it's listed as a 2.5lt. if it was the stroked motor wouldn't it be listed as 3ltr?

BMW websites and ETK parts catalogue won't list it as a Schnitzer as it left the BMW factory as a BMW as they all do, it's then that the sheep gate decides where they go, be it the Schnitzer factory, Hamman factory, Alpina etc, will be a very rare site to see a genuine S3, B3 or Hamman enhanced vehicle anywhere round these ways.

This is not one but if someone wants to road test and find out.......