Sign in to follow this  
scottharvey

matte paint

been told to ask on here does anyone know if there are different tones of matte black paint. i was going to repaint a few chips in the paint but i dont want to buy a can and then find out its a different tone to the current one.

I'd say it could be the amount of 'colour' in with the black that'd make it appear different, as in some kind of tint or flake...Although if the original was a spray can job, you could only try another spray and see what happens.

Different brands, dulux etc...may have a slightly different finish colour, so without knowing the original paint used your playing a guessing game.

I'd say it could be the amount of 'colour' in with the black that'd make it appear different, as in some kind of tint or flake...Although if the original was a spray can job, you could only try another spray and see what happens.

Different brands, dulux etc...may have a slightly different finish colour, so without knowing the original paint used your playing a guessing game.

aww ok sweet as i know it was a spray can job by previous owner but dont know which brand so ill just have to try my luck with some repco cheap stuff

Isn't the idea of matt black that you don't care about paint colour because it's so gangtsa ?

shady asked me to ask lol

I think he might of be trolling you then dude.

some paint shops have colour scanners . Not sure how good that would be on matte black or frozen colours :unsure: Could be worth a try ?

Isn't the idea of matt black that you don't care about paint colour because it's so gangtsa ?

Yup.

This is for OP.

post-3653-1346361851.jpg

some paint shops have colour scanners . Not sure how good that would be on matte black or frozen colours :unsure: Could be worth a try ?

Won't work because there's no pigment in black so the spectro' can't see a colour, just a shadow.

Edited by bellicose