Sign in to follow this  
Mark

DIY: Replacing Cabin microfilter E36

Not sure how you can get back to the thread, but from memory, this is how I replaced mine:

- Remove the panel under the steering wheel (one screw under headlight switch, another on the left around the indicator stalk, and at least one more underneath IIRC).

- The microfilter is located behind the centre console (kinda behind the OBC). You'll see a round knob which you can turn and the cover will come right off.

- Before you pull the old microfilter out, note how deep it sits inside the hole as it can be confusing how far in you need to push the new microfilter. This is also a good time to stick the vacuum cleaner in there and give it a good clean.

- Install the new microfilter. You'll have to snap the new one where the plastic snap joints are to get it in, and it takes a bit of wiggling. You'll know you've got it in deep enough if the cover goes on and locks easily.

Hope that helps. Btw, I find the best position to install it in is to be lying upside down in the driver's seat (with your head in the footwell).

Looks like any links you had before revert back to the old website and don't work any more. My old project links don't work now, so I'll have to dig them out and redo them

Anyone know a part number or where to find one of these filters?

realoem.com

Chuck in chassis number, and have access to all the part numbers you could ever want.

Will be available from Dealer, Milland or Euroitalian.

Edited by KwS