small runnabout wagon

maybe the new work wagon

NZ new 95 ,

petrol mica metalic on black base.

grey leather with wood trim

twin sunroof that works and is not leaking

ews key , premium audio package

179k good service history

drives nice , especially after reconecting the front sway bar link that was left off :blink:

yukky looking 17' mak alloys (need to go)

also needs a 4.4L and 6spd conversion

and ditch the self leveling suspension etc

what you guys think

some pics after a quick clean

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

just picked this up today

small runnabout wagon

maybe the new work wagon

NZ new 95 ,

petrol mica metalic on black base.

grey leather with wood trim

twin sunroof that works and is not leaking

ews key , premium audio package

179k good service history

drives nice , especially after reconecting the front sway bar link that was left off :blink:

yukky looking 17' mak alloys (need to go)

also needs a 4.4L and 6spd conversion

and ditch the self leveling suspension etc

what you guys think

some pics after a quick clean

Nice work Brent. Agree on the suspension. Heard some huge numbers quoted on that before. Is the 4.4 drag and drop into E34s?

Edited by Polax

Nice work Brent. Agree on the suspension. Heard some huge numbers quoted on that before. Is the 4.4 drag and drop into E34s?

self leveling seams to be working ok , but i just dont like the way it rides and sits,

but still rides better than the e39 touring airbag type setup.

the 4.4L non vanos is pretty straight forward , just a few little things to change around

see here for some details

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=29108

haha brendan getting a good look over! looks like a keeper all right! been on the wellington auckland commute at some point too, dealer plates from the biggest second hand car dealer in upper hutt

Guest Ari Gold

Oh my GOD my favourite BMW colour ever.

Brent, can you take a photo of the paint from really close with a flash to show everyone what the paint really looks like? It has to be seen to be believed.

Sheeet man, that's an awesome find! Looks immaculate. Bet you got it for a good price too.

haha brendan getting a good look over! looks like a keeper all right! been on the wellington auckland commute at some point too, dealer plates from the biggest second hand car dealer in upper hutt

ya i purposly didn't tell him about it ,

he just turned up at my place and i say "good" i am off to go see a car ,so off we go and then he gets to drive it back for me

Oh my GOD my favourite BMW colour ever.

Brent, can you take a photo of the paint from really close with a flash to show everyone what the paint really looks like? It has to be seen to be believed.

yea its not bad , my mate brendan had a 520i excutive individual sedan in the same colour but the paint was pretty stuffed. ross at bmw workshop has it now.

will try to get a picture of it soon

Sheeet man, that's an awesome find! Looks immaculate. Bet you got it for a good price too.

yea wasn't too bad , about the same price as scruffy sedan with 250-300k's :rolleyes:

just not sure what to do with it.

handy to have a wagon , but i like the lighter 544i sedan i have already

i use my e36 328i coupe as a daily and the wife drives the e36 328i wagon around and she wont want the bigger 5 series (she has driven them around before but prefers the smaller 3 series)

then have the e28 semi track car sitting there crying and waiting to be driven

You've got your hand deep in the bmw gem pie. Looks good!

I KNEW that would get snapped up fast! ;)

I almost tried it on with the boss, but I'm already in trouble, so thought I best leave it alone!

Was a good price for a 540i - I've seen poked 525i tourings for only a bit less than they were asking!

I'm sure antil33t will take if off your hands if you can't find a use for it :P

^

Damn nice automobile thur.

Although I really like my SLS. It allows you to tow heavier trailers.

Edited by antil33t

^

Damn nice automobile thur.

Although I really like my SLS. It allows you to tow heavier trailers.

yea its not bad , just towed a trailer load of pallet racking and the boot full of patical board shelves etc

back from west auckland to my warehouse in papakura

and no sagging in the back like i normally get when towing , not a bad idea in that respect.

and was nice driving in the sun with the big roof slide back and the premium audio system playing some tunes

Yeah, in the Manual it says you can have a 75kg hitch load vs 50kg. still 1600kg max braked. I guess yours will be fitted with the Lights Module, which can report blown trailer lights?

I wouldn't mind getting the mirror tweeters, I noticed the wiring existed. not sure where it goes as I have no amp.

I love the sunroof, Opening the back half with the front windows down makes an awesome air flow over your head!

Yeah, in the Manual it says you can have a 75kg hitch load vs 50kg. still 1600kg max braked. I guess yours will be fitted with the Lights Module, which can report blown trailer lights?

I wouldn't mind getting the mirror tweeters, I noticed the wiring existed. not sure where it goes as I have no amp.

I love the sunroof, Opening the back half with the front windows down makes an awesome air flow over your head!

yes has the trailer module , which was showing me that the right side indicator wasn't working.

does yours?? have a new kit if you want one.

i have some spare door tweeters if needed

yea kids love the sunroof open at the back

Nice! Would like to drive one of these and see what its like compared to my E39 wagon which handles like sh*t although to be fair it has 200k's on it.

Nice! Would like to drive one of these and see what its like compared to my E39 wagon which handles like sh*t although to be fair it has 200k's on it.

like a bag of crap stock just like the E32. The sedans are better. but put some good springs and shocks in there and totally transforms the car, better bang for buck than most cars. i had my 520iT which had vogtland springs and not sure what shocks, and it handled noticably better than the 525iT i had at the same time. the 525iXT i had wasn't bad though, and was stock as far as i knew, but that has a different setup to other E34s. i Havent driven an E39 or e39 wagon to compare though sorry.

i used to own a nz new 99 e39 540i touring ,front floated like a boat and kicked in the rear like a goat.

i dont like the way the airbag suspension works.

one of the reasons i sold it.

e34 is a much nicer more involving ride , as long as you sort all the worn out bits etc

i used to own a nz new 99 e39 540i touring ,front floated like a boat and kicked in the rear like a goat.

Haha... my mate brought that from you :-) the economy readout on the OBC has never been as good as when he brought it :lol: I think he replaced the throttle with an on/off button.

It has quite a hunger for thrust arm bushes - the genuine ones didn't last warrant to warrant. It's got a bit of milage (up to 270+ k now), but whiteline urethane bushes seem to be lasting ok. He just fitted new shocks a couple of weeks back too, as the originals (!) were practically gone.

It sure is harsher than our motorsport suspension equipped sedan though!

yes has the trailer module , which was showing me that the right side indicator wasn't working.

does yours?? have a new kit if you want one.

Ya, Mine's all fitted. Was fitted by the dealer. Team McMillan sold it new.

just a quick update.

have not done anything to this car yet .

but i have picked up a 6spd manual gearbox for it from a e39 540i 6spd.

so i just need to find a rhd manual e34 pedal box ,

get the driveshaft made to suit .

gearlinkages etc.

and ordering a light weight flywheel like this

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1339-e39...t-flywheel.aspx

also managed to buy a fairly cheap damaged 96 e38 740i

with 110km etcthat i can take the 4.4L m62 engine out of.

has anyone here had experience with the LOWTEC brand of springs and shocks

looking at this kit here

not too many options for the v8 wagon with self leveling etc

dont want to go too low etc as well

Product number: 0615434

http://www.schmiedmann.com/lowtec%20kit%20...age3.aspx#13095

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

quick clean today and took off those yukky wheels ,

replaced them with schnitzer copies

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

quick update .

have fitted the MK motorsport alloys now to it that came off my 544i sedan .

will upload some pics of when i get around to it

fitted the stereo i had in the calipso 544i into the 95 540iT .

fitted a stealthy 10" sub in the rear left cubby box where the factory amp and cd stacker lives .

pelled back the carpet , cut a hole in the plastic panel, screwed a bit of plywood to it mounted the sub ,reglued the carpet to cover the hole where the sub fires through,

changed the factory amp for a sleightly larger factory one from a e32 , just plugs in .

then a slim aftermarket amp in the boot tray area beside the spare wheel (couldn't get my big one in there :( ).

sounds ok , not quite as good as the almost the setup in the sedan due that having a larger sub amp and a big boot for a sub box.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

still need to sort a ali flywheel and manual pedal box for the conversion.

and get the clutch refurbished

post-279-1362391581.jpg

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i