Sign in to follow this  
BM WORLD

just picked up possibly my new work wagon

looks even better in person.. that sunroof :D

what is the 2nd to last pic? like a little cubby hole?

looks even better in person.. that sunroof :D

what is the 2nd to last pic? like a little cubby hole?

hi the later cars about 1993 onwards, most have the rhs glovebox , you can retro fit them to the older e34's

interior looks like the same colour as mine?

i like what you did with the little subwoofer. think a 12"er would fit in there? im sick of my setup taking up all the boot space, i struggle with the golf clubs test at the moment lol.

will come have a look in a few weeks quite possibly

i like what you did with the little subwoofer. think a 12"er would fit in there? im sick of my setup taking up all the boot space, i struggle with the golf clubs test at the moment lol.

maybe a shallow 12" might just fit , problem is rattles , panels moving etc.

golf clubs :blink:

wasn't your interior the ivory (whiter grey ) colour.

mine is the medium grey

yes come and have a look if you like.

maybe a shallow 12" might just fit , problem is rattles , panels moving etc.

golf clubs :blink:

wasn't your interior the ivory (whiter grey ) colour.

mine is the medium grey

yes come and have a look if you like.

yep i have the ivory type.

ahh i see, yes i imagine it would vibrate a bit. but my setup is about 20mm too high, so the rear trim isnt screwed down properly so that the cargo blind can click in covering my setup, and also no room for a strut brace which i really do need, you can feel it with the car being on stiff springs etc.

actually, off topic, but are you thinking about doing a rear strut brace at all? I'm really thinking about getting one made up before i break something, but not really economical for one person. maybe if you and brendan maybe michael as well, it would be worth doing. i wouldn't bother for a sedan. and i never ever fold down the seats, but a built in quick release of some sort wouldn't be a bad idea maybe? hmm

Your seats look pretty good Brent but if there are any defects that you want to touch up I have some product you can have. Refer this

Your seats look pretty good Brent but if there are any defects that you want to touch up I have some product you can have. Refer this

thanks

i actually have some e34 lhd m5 seats being redyed at the moment from ivory to grey .

i hope they come out ok .

Off topic, but a welly bimmersport golf get together sounds like a plan for next summer/end of the year. Got an old set dropped off at the start of the year so should be ok by Nov/Dec. Lol.

Not sure I can make this w'ends meet. Hope it goes well.

Apology in adv for thread steal. Wagon looking good Brent.

not much of a update ,

dont drive this much

just thought would put up a pic of the MK wheels that have been on it for ages now.

grey sport seats fitted too..

next month or so gets its 4.4l 6spd and lsd conversion

Damn those are sharp! Give me a shout if you get your hands on something similar. e34 + dish is a match made in heaven

Clear indicators and tints would finish off the looks I reckon. That's probably way down on your list of priorities though

Damn those are sharp! Give me a shout if you get your hands on something similar. e34 + dish is a match made in heaven

Clear indicators and tints would finish off the looks I reckon. That's probably way down on your list of priorities though

thanks

yea i quite like the look of these .

i have some clear front and sides to go in soon.

but no wagon rear clear corners , might have to bring some in from germany etc

Looking really nice, those seats are ace.

thanks

yea i quite like the look of these .

i have some clear front and sides to go in soon.

but no wagon rear clear corners , might have to bring some in from germany etc

Or from the UK? e34 Touring Taillights

Or from the UK? e34 Touring Taillights

thanks

but want orginal type like this

Posted Image

also a pic of my brother borrowing my wagon to tow his thunder cat race boat ,

he sent it over from oz to race the summer season here..

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Looking good. Bring that to the next meet. Could do with a slight drop at the front - E34s always seem to sit high at the front. Otherwise looks beautiful.

Looking good. Bring that to the next meet. Could do with a slight drop at the front - E34s always seem to sit high at the front. Otherwise looks beautiful.

yea probably will.

just got the call today the clutch kit has arrived , so now can start the 4.4L and 6spd swap.

yea its hard with the e34 the sill is actually level with the ground, but the front wheel arches are much higher than the rear ones.

so you have to drop the front and have the sill on a rake

just a small update

new clutch kit arrived this week so can start the swap etc

started with the manual conversion

just fitted the pedal box

man these e34's are a pain in the a$$ to change the pedal box

e36 = 20-30mins for me

e34 more like 2 hours

and while i was in there changed the fan resistor sword for another as it used to go full fan speed every now and again.

to do the pedal box you have to remove the steering collum so you can get the box out .

cant just change the pedals as the later boxes dont have the little bracket for the clutch spring to rest on.

you also have to remove the glove box etc so you can disconect the brake rod shaft etc so you can push it over to the left far enough to get the pedal box out etc .

anyway all done

swapped the std 4 spoke steering wheel for a later 3 spoke e36 motorsport type while i had it off etc

next start the engine and gearbox swap

post-279-0-80715400-1380259654.jpg

post-279-0-49869400-1380259666.jpg

post-279-0-14795000-1380259678.jpg

post-279-0-45743500-1380259688.jpg

post-279-0-31933500-1380259701.jpg

post-279-0-06650700-1380259712.jpg

post-279-0-93164500-1380259724.jpg

post-279-0-60972000-1380259737.jpg

engine and gearbox swap has started :)

post-279-0-25088500-1381121113_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-02459600-1381121137_thumb.jpg

small update , old engine and box are out, started swapping some of the m60 parts over to the m62 engine .

water pump , all the sensors , pipes etc

got sort some new rubber engine mounts (old ones where stuffed)

got to make a adaptor plate to hol d the m60 oil filter housing to the front of the m62 engine .

sort out the cam timing refernce pick up point for the cam sensor.

post-279-0-10135900-1381294936_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-12304600-1381294962_thumb.jpg

if you still looking at importing clear rear corners i may join in, but want quality ones not Taiwanese ones

if you still looking at importing clear rear corners i may join in, but want quality ones not Taiwanese ones

yea could do

small update , most pipes and bits swapped around

.new light weight ali flywhell and new clutch bolt to the engine , gearbox bolted up

, new engine mounts fitted ,std e34 headers on the engine , basically ready to lift back up into the engine bay

post-279-0-56496200-1381986821_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-58086700-1381986831_thumb.jpg

small update , engine ,gearbox is in etc

up and running , drove it for the first time today

needs a little work on the clutch hydrolics etc , i think have the wrong slave cylinder in there and or tied master cylinder etc

clutch pedal is super light and stays on the floor when pushed down , still works etc but you just have to pull it back up.

not slipping etc

makes it hard to change gears having to use your toes to pull the pedal back up with every gear change. :(

its a stock e39 540i clutch , after market ali flywheel and e39 540i 6spd gearbox.

why would a left hand drive 97 540i 6spd have a 22.2mm slave cylinder and a rhd 540i 97 use a 23.81mm slave cylinder ??

based on using the same clutch setup

all models incl e34 etc use a 19mm master cylinder

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

small update , engine ,gearbox is in etc

up and running , drove it for the first time today

needs a little work on the clutch hydrolics etc , i think have the wrong slave cylinder in there and or tied master cylinder etc

clutch pedal is super light and stays on the floor when pushed down , still works etc but you just have to pull it back up.

not slipping etc

makes it hard to change gears having to use your toes to pull the pedal back up with every gear change. :(

its a stock e39 540i clutch , after market ali flywheel and e39 540i 6spd gearbox.

why would a left hand drive 97 540i 6spd have a 22.2mm slave cylinder and a rhd 540i 97 use a 23.81mm slave cylinder ??

based on using the same clutch setup

all models incl e34 etc use a 19mm master cylinder

In E30s it runs off the brake booster in LHD, but has a separate reservoir if RHD, is this difference similar in an E34? only manual E34 i have had was an AWD iX and thats a different beast in itself.

i think it will be sorted now ,it had the 27mm slave in it which suits the earlier type e34 clutch , so fitting a new 22mm slave and a new 19mm master that i had in stock.