Sign in to follow this  
Ninjaspartan

ICV Under boost? e46 330i SC'd

Hello. I have been working on building a custom supercharger kit for my 330i e46 bmw. I am at the final stages of completing it and I wondering if anyone knows if i can run boost through the ICV with out any issues? I only plan on using 2.5 psi at this stage.I have read that they do not like it.

Basically i ask would it be better to connect the ICV to the piping before the supercharger or after it? The MAF will be in front either way.

I hope i make sense.

Thanks in advance

I'd leave it where it is. Just make sure it's well sealed and wont pop off under pressure. If it is leaking back through the idle control valve put a one way valve inline with it.

Also make sure your not pressurising the crank case.

Are you using an sc14? would be interested in seeing photos and hearing more details about your setup.

Hey. Thanks for that. I will be putting photos up when I get it all up and running. I am using the SC 12 which has given me a bit more room to work with as there is very little room in the engine bay. I hope to have it finished by the end of this week is all goes to plan. Just need to do the bypass/bov and top support bracket.

EDIT:

I will try get some photos up of what I have got so far.

Edited by Ninjaspartan

What ratio are you spinning the charger at? Is it just running off the standard size crank pulley(couldn't quite make out where it was connected to)?

Are you going to blow through the maf sensor? Piggyback, remap or different ecu coming with it?

Either way it's looking great. I need to hurry up and rebuild my supercharger

What ratio are you spinning the charger at? Is it just running off the standard size crank pulley(couldn't quite make out where it was connected to)?

Are you going to blow through the maf sensor? Piggyback, remap or different ecu coming with it?

Either way it's looking great. I need to hurry up and rebuild my supercharger

Hey ya,

At this stage I am running a ratio of 1.45. so 100mm SC pulley and a 145mm crank pulley. This should be giving me a boost level of 2.5psi. As regards to the ecu I am yet to decided on what to do. I was planning on seeing how it ran with the 2.5psi as it is only a low pressure. Later on I will either go to link or mega squirt if i do increase the boost. The Maf is before the blower but the Bypass will be plumped back so it is connected after the maf.

It is connected to the same drive belt as the crank. so the belt goes from the power steering pump to the SC drive pulley then to an idle pulley then back onto the alternator.

There is very little room and has been a mission to actually fit it and connect it up to the drive belt. but so far so good haha