Sign in to follow this  
mjh

Porsche GT3 RS - Ex Queenstown Car

Hi,

I know someone who is looking at a 997.1 GT3 RS in black with Orange livery. Apparently it has had one owner since new, done 30km and has been based in Queenstown most of it's life. Also it was originally sold through Giltrap's.

Any information regarding the history of the car would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by mjh

Fairly sure that one has had more than one owner.

I remember looking at that car when it was in the showroom, then the guy that bought it (I believe he owns a company similar to yours Matt up here in Auckland), then it got traded to CCS in Newmarket with about 13K km and that's when it went down to the South - I know the friend of the person that owned it in Queenstown.

So at least 3 owners I think? (including one dealer)

Nice car regardless : )

Fairly sure that one has had more than one owner.

I remember looking at that car when it was in the showroom, then the guy that bought it (I believe he owns a company similar to yours Matt up here in Auckland), then it got traded to CCS in Newmarket with about 13K km and that's when it went down to the South - I know the friend of the person that owned it in Queenstown.

So at least 3 owners I think? (including one dealer)

Nice car regardless : )

Any stories to tell - accidents etc??. I understand it had a front axle lifting system installed by Giltrap's as well..

Edited by mjh

it sounds like the one that used to be in auckland ages ago with the plate DKNIGHT (i realise its 7 letters but it was something like that.. DKNGHT? i dont remember)

it sounds like the one that used to be in auckland ages ago with the plate DKNIGHT (i realise its 7 letters but it was something like that.. DKNGHT? i dont remember)

It's not that one (I currently own the old DKNGHT car). Great exhaust on it. The DKNGHT car is a GT3 with a clubsport pack.'

Edited by mjh

Any stories to tell - accidents etc??. I understand it had a front axle lifting system installed by Giltrap's as well..

Let me email the friend and find out about it - not sure if I'll get a reply before Monday however.

DKNGHT is stock GT3. The owner now owns a Lambo Aventador I think.

Edited by M3_Power

DKNGHT is stock GT3. The owner now owns a Lambo Aventador I think.

Not quite stock! It has had about 80K spent on it making it go a bit faster. The titanium exhaust alone was apparently 18K......

Edited by mjh

Let me email the friend and find out about it - not sure if I'll get a reply before Monday however.

That would be great. No rush as the car isn't available till Wednesday at the earliest..

Not quite stock! It has had about 80K spent on it making it go a bit faster. The titanium exhaust alone was apparently 18K......

The previous owner utalized it to drive incredibly obnoxiously.

It's not the one owned by the young Asian guy who spent thousands through Evans having his spray can paint job fixed up was it? Overspray EVERYWHERE. That was black and orange. But might have been a Turbo not a GT3

It's not the one owned by the young Asian guy who spent thousands through Evans having his spray can paint job fixed up was it? Overspray EVERYWHERE. That was black and orange. But might have been a Turbo not a GT3

No different car.

There weren't that many genuine GT3 RS gen 1 imported and as far as I know only two in black and orange.

There was a GT3-RS in black with the orange bits that used to live over the road from my parents in Remuera around 4 years back ish?

Must be the same one..

You guys talking about this car by any chance? ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi,

Thanks for the info. The car is the same as this one, but is not this exact car. I've now got plenty of info on it. For those that are interested there were 4 black with orange livery RS's brought in, 2 orange and black livery ones and one silver one. No green.

Cheers

Hi,

Thanks for the info. The car is the same as this one, but is not this exact car. I've now got plenty of info on it. For those that are interested there were 4 black with orange livery RS's brought in, 2 orange and black livery ones and one silver one. No green.

Cheers

Sweet no probs, I thought you were talking about this one as it was from Giltrap too with 30ks and also has a lifting module which still scrapes on the driveway :|

Sweet no probs, I thought you were talking about this one as it was from Giltrap too with 30ks and also has a lifting module which still scrapes on the driveway :|

I've actually done a few laps in that particular car around Taupo earlier this year whilst it was for sale by CCS. Nice car....