Sign in to follow this  
polley

bluetooth audio receiver?

I dont have a head unit in my car and dont intend on running one. i would rather just play music from my phone over bluetooth via an amplifier.

Are there any amplifiers out there with bluetooth built in, or can you get a bluetooth receiver I can plug straight into an amp?

I dont have a head unit in my car and dont intend on running one. i would rather just play music from my phone over bluetooth via an amplifier.

Are there any amplifiers out there with bluetooth built in, or can you get a bluetooth receiver I can plug straight into an amp?

You could just get a cable (2rca to 3.5mm headphone jack) and just plug your directly into the amp.

Yeah i could, I used to do that but getting sick of plugging things in when i get in the car.

I guess its not really a big deal....

Yeah i could, I used to do that but getting sick of plugging things in when i get in the car.

I guess its not really a big deal....

What about buying an apple airport express and a power inverter? Then you could use an iPod touch or iPhone and play your music via AirPlay.

jvc headunits have bluetooth built in for a reasonable price and the whole head unit isnt actually bad,works really well with wifes android, she loves it,

alternatively i guess the aftermarket bluetooth recievers you can buy for home stereos only have a single stereo 3.5mm input so in theory that should work

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8Z492TTP-Blu...r/dp/B0047T79VS

Edited by kwhelan

You need a Bluetooth device with A2DP profile to play Bluetooth audio.

I have just installed a Bluetooth phone kit with the above profile.

This enables me:

Hands free phone, intergrated through the standard BMW radio.

Bluetooth music, via the aux-in function of the radio.

Connected to my iPhone 4S, it gives full voice control, and remote control functions... Skip track etc.

Works really well. I can get into the car with phone in pocket, connects to phone and at the push of a button plays music from phone...

Let me know if you want more info on the system...

jvc headunits have bluetooth built in for a reasonable price and the whole head unit isnt actually bad,works really well with wifes android, she loves it,

alternatively i guess the aftermarket bluetooth recievers you can buy for home stereos only have a single stereo 3.5mm input so in theory that should work

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8Z492TTP-Blu...r/dp/B0047T79VS

Trying to stay away from having a head unit, they annoy me.

You need a Bluetooth device with A2DP profile to play Bluetooth audio.

I have just installed a Bluetooth phone kit with the above profile.

This enables me:

Hands free phone, intergrated through the standard BMW radio.

Bluetooth music, via the aux-in function of the radio.

Connected to my iPhone 4S, it gives full voice control, and remote control functions... Skip track etc.

Works really well. I can get into the car with phone in pocket, connects to phone and at the push of a button plays music from phone...

Let me know if you want more info on the system...

I got a S3 so it should support A2DP

get a bluetooth audio reciever and plug it into your amp. E.G

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Sp...cm_cr_pr_sims_t . Hook a 12 volt usb charger for the device.

Then add an app like http://de.appbrain.com/app/bluetooth-volum...thvolume.donate for volume control.

Job done

Thats pretty much what i was after, but maybe something more car oreintated. But it will do the job.