Sign in to follow this  
toby7

Replacement Shocks E30 318i

I've a very good 1987 two door E30 318i and I'd like to replace the shock absorbers with good quality OEM replacement items. Maybe a little stiffer would be ok.

I don't want to spend $$$ on Konis so what are my best options. Monroe, KYB or somthing else ?

I'll be keeping the standard springs. Yes I know it looks like a 4x4 but it glides along, soaks up the bumps on our rough roads and retains good wheel alignment settings. I just want a more controlled suspension setting.

Current rear shocks are made by Boge. possibly standard items. Not sure what fronts are. car has done 120,000km

Regards

Pete

They are Boge all around. If I were you I would just go for them. Usually they have life time warranty and they are very reasonably priced. They will also feel slightly stiffer as they are newer, but they won't compromise your ride quality...

I have KYB's in my 325i... oem spec. they're fine.

Too soft for what I want...but look at christchurch roads, wouldn't want big rebound rates or whatever now anyway..

+1 for replacement boges and maybe new front lower control arm bushes if due.

when these shock are new the handling is very good, comfy around town then open road - a slight roll into corners then firm and you're on a rail.

Edited by etwenty1