Sign in to follow this  
nipe

m20 cam position sensor

Has anybody done it before? Does anyone want to make one for a price? Thanks

i gather your trying to do a tdc sync? you can make a pickup under the rotor inside the disy cap or mount one thru the rocker cover pointing at the cam neither are a five minute job.

If you're getting rid of the dizzy at the same time, you could make a blanking plate and mount the sensor in that.

I think ppf make a blanking plate with a hole in it for sensor

If you're getting rid of the dizzy at the same time, you could make a blanking plate and mount the sensor in that.

I think ppf make a blanking plate with a hole in it for sensor

forgot about that one also alot easier to do

I just don't want to stuff it up:) And yep, crunchy is onto it, its for tdc sync. necessary stuff to do sequential everything...I've seen a few examples of people's work in states, but not many enough to be sure that the design is working 100%. That's why I wonder if anyone on here done something like that and could help me or do it for some cash. The biggest problem for me is making the bit that attaches onto cam gear instead of the dizzy thingie.

I just don't want to stuff it up:) And yep, crunchy is onto it, its for tdc sync. necessary stuff to do sequential everything...I've seen a few examples of people's work in states, but not many enough to be sure that the design is working 100%. That's why I wonder if anyone on here done something like that and could help me or do it for some cash. The biggest problem for me is making the bit that attaches onto cam gear instead of the dizzy thingie.

ask if anyone on here has a dizzy off a m20 and mod that make things alot easier

ask if anyone on here has a dizzy off a m20 and mod that make things alot easier

I have my old one, how wold i use that, to be honest i have no idea what position or size or etc it has to be..

I have my old one, how wold i use that, to be honest i have no idea what position or size or etc it has to be..

what ecu are you using?

does it need a analog or digital signal?

i make the base plat inside adjustable which makes it easy to put where is needed most ecus only require a signal 60 deg or before TDC thus you don't have to be to accurate to where it sits you can use a pickup from a dizzy like a honda or a ford very small go pick a part costs bugger all

Awesome will look into that, I'm running megasquirt (haters going to hate)