Sign in to follow this  
gouba

Insurace valuation - BBS rims

Hi all

I'm having a bit of an issue with State insurance regarding my wheels. I have a set of 15 inch BBS RS original rims (7.5inch fronts, 8 inch rears), when i tried to have them listed on my insurance they said they needed to get them valued before it could be approved.

They have come back with a valuation of $600 for the set, the only thing close to that is a set of cheap replicas. I would struggle to find anything cheaper than $1500 for a set.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix it? Or know a way to get my wheels properly valued?

Thanks,

Matt

That's weird. When I insured my car with State, they asked if I had aftermarket wheels and i said yes. All they did was ask what price they were and I replied with "I don't know, they were on the car when I purchased it.. So maybe $1500?" And they were happy with that.

Received my policy in the mail and the mags are listed on there at $1500..

The best thing to do is ring around (or go and visit) the mag companies and ask if they have had them in stock, and if so, what were they selling them at..

RS's aren't made any more, that's why they are expensive.

The best thing to do is ring around (or go and visit) the mag companies and ask if they have had them in stock, and if so, what were they selling them at..

Cause you are new to BMW's Daniel I won't give you too much sh*t but they don't make BBS RS' anymore ;)

Beaten to it....

Edited by Gaz

Cause you are new to BMW's Daniel I won't give you too much sh*t but they don't make BBS RS' anymore ;)

Beaten to it....

Thanks Gary, you are a true friend..

The couple of sets that I have purchased for short times in the past and flicked off, have paid $600-800. Mind you, these were standard width. Replicas I have had were 795.

Maybe give Arrow or Elite Wheels here in Christchurch a call and get their opinon. Seeing as they fix wheels I'm sure they will have some ties to the insurance industry and if they can't do a valuation, they might know who can.

If you know a car dealer get them to do an official valuation and include the wheels in the valuation?

If you know a car dealer get them to do an official valuation and include the wheels in the valuation?

This. I got a well known independent workshop ( who works on the car ) to do an insurance valuation on the car for me which included the wheels, but didn't specify a price, just mentioned their rarity/ condition etc.

That's your best bet. NZI were happy with that and didn't question anything, nor did they question the agreed value. In fact, they were very good about the whole thing.

Edited by vtgts300kw