Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

First Look at 2014 BMW 4 Series

Loving the general shape.

Are those wood-marbled A pillars? It does look nice and snug inside the cabin, and those wheels...! Awesome :D

Looks like suede / alcantara to me

Brown is the new black!

Looks like suede / alcantara to me

Brown is the new black!

When it comes to exteriors brown is the new purple and purple was the next tiger gold. Looked good for 1 year when fashionable.. would be brave buying a brown car if you cared about resale.

I do like the brown interiors though, also like some of the textured/patterned leather that is making its way in premium cars, very nice.. this is only a concept (not much) though, the real thing will be lower rent.

Front view and side-on view are gorgeous from my view, longer car with lower roof line looks much "sleeker" than the E92 even though it is a bigger car. I have been reliably informed that the convertible looks even better with it's topless lines, looking forward to seeing that in the flesh.

Not keen on the lower part of the rear, very angular exhaust shrouds, etc. have never been on my favourites list, fingers crossed the M-Sport kit smooths over those areas.

I do like the brown interiors though, also like some of the textured/patterned leather that is making its way in premium cars, very nice.. this is only a concept (not much) though, the real thing will be lower rent.

These are shots of the actual launch car and if you wanted to you could buy one in exactly that spec, granted it has been tricked out with the most lavish interior (a bit too lavish if you ask me - does anyone really want baskets in their cup holders??) which will have to be toned down for the majority of models. However, with the intention of moving the 4-Series, 'up market' from the 3 it will still have to have a well specced cabin.

Fingers crossed it is a hit with the buying public and we see quite a few of these great looking cars on NZ roads in the near future!

Yes, I had a good look at the photo's last night and the interior was done by BMW's Individual division, those seats are soooo nice in other photo's.

Looks like that basket effect is a leather weave, like a belt. Have never seen that before, quite innovative.

Posted Image

It's not my imagination, is it??

Back end and interior of the BMW look better IMO though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by jeffbebe

Looks much better, has been a long time since we could say the BMW was a better looking car than the Audi... + the Audi is AWD, Automatic and very heavy, BMW has it licked hand down.

Looks much better, has been a long time since we could say the BMW was a better looking car than the Audi... + the Audi is AWD, Automatic and very heavy, BMW has it licked hand down.

+1 for the drive. Looks are much of a muchness, if you ask me, but I do prefer the BMW. It looks like they've taken the RS5 shape and just refined it a little bit... Plagiarism is the highest form of flattery!!

It's not my imagination, is it??

Nope - if they were the same colour and de-badged a lot of people wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

I wondered where the 4 fit in,and happened by the dealer to look at 3 series coupes....The guy there told me that 4s wil be 3 series coupes and 2s wil be 1 series coupes

+1

I think the weakest part of the Audi design is the awkward shape of the rear 1/4 window, especially compared against the BMWs much cleaner shape.

definately

Nope - if they were the same colour and de-badged a lot of people wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

Hmm, maybe, i could though, that audi rear end is on everything from the A1 to the A8

.The guy there told me that 4s wil be 3 series coupes and 2s wil be 1 series coupes

Hmm, sounds like someone needs a bit more training in the corporate vision...

No such thing as a 3 Series coupe, the 4 series is a totally different series, as are the 1 and 2. Gone are the days where the coupe, sedan, wagon, convertible were 80% the same. Further differentiating the two with the numbering system and identifying the 4 as a more exclusive range is just a part of that.

Hmm, sounds like someone needs a bit more training in the corporate vision...

No such thing as a 3 Series coupe, the 4 series is a totally different series, as are the 1 and 2. Gone are the days where the coupe, sedan, wagon, convertible were 80% the same. Further differentiating the two with the numbering system and identifying the 4 as a more exclusive range is just a part of that.

my words....better ask him again?