Sign in to follow this  
w_elliot

e30v8 needs compliance in christchurch, any reccomendations?

as of tomorrow I will be the new proud and unbelieveably stoked owner of rileys e30v8. unfortunately when cars sit in storage for a few years while the owner is overseas the registration can lapse... I have called a few inspection centers about it, mainly to discuss wether the LVV plate is still relevant, which it is thank god, with a mods list as long as my arm re cert would be a nightmare. so my question is, are there any garages or inspection centers who chch members have had good dealings with? I'm busy as at work for the rest of the year and days off are hard to come by so i'm going to try and keep the process as simple as possible. obviously i want to get this awesome beast back on the road as soon as possible so any tip offs would be greatly appreciated

cheers in advance

I can't help you but I'm glad to see it here in chch ;)

Does that mean that the m50 coupe is for sale?

Nice Elliot, Great to see it still in the family. Its like my sister car sort of.

On thing I request if I may. Please keep it in top condition mod wise. EG I understand you might want to change a few things, but it would be awesome if you could keep the intention there as far as qaulity etc.

your friend

Josh

Really glad its going to a great home Will, Josh I'm quite confident its going to a great home, Will and I talked about what needs to be done and added over time and hes definitly on the right track. Its unbelievably sad to see it go but life goes on haha

I will regret this

Edited by Riley

Awesome, although I was hoping it would come up to Auckland, would be nice to see another 1UZ conversion thats been done to a high standard!

and it's home, my garage just became awesome B)

the drive in from rangiora via a mates farm in waikuku and then through ohoka was a real eye opener, this thing is amazing when it's in it's element. a change of undies is now needed after i forgot that today is christmas in the park day. half an hour of sitting in crawling traffic around hagley park with a cop car behind me the whole time just to keep things real.... on a good note, it definitely keeps it'self cool in traffic. so onwards from here it's going into work tomorrow for a brake bleed and plugging in of front indicators and then on to a compliance center on monday after work if i can decide who to use (any more recommendations on this one would be great)

can't wait till it's all legal and i can really start enjoying it. few wee interior items to tidy up and then we'l see what happens from there. nothing major planned at the moment because theres not much that i feel needs improving at this point.

New toys are always neat!

sure are, especially when it's one you've had your eye on for a long time.

didnt have a very productive day working on it unfortunately, job i was doing at work was bigger than i expected.

still got the cold air box set up, and front brakes bled but ran out of time to do the rears.

luckily my landcruiser sold today so i'm feeling more inclined to just leave it at the garage and pay them to sort out the boring stuff. on another note, do any christchurch members have a spare set of bottlecaps. basketweaves or any other more conservative wheels with good tyres they'd like to loan out for a couple of days? beers of your choice would be involved. the keskins may be an issue at inspection time as they aren't mentioned on the cert plate, everything else is in line with the plate and i'd ike to avoid paying an extra $400 to re cert just for the wheels.

Is this 4 stud? You can borrow my basketweaves. Txt me 027 5348481

Is this 4 stud? You can borrow my basketweaves. Txt me 027 5348481

I guess it's time for a progress update, the car went through inspection yesterday, bit of a setback as it needs repair certification for an old repair to the front end around the radiator support, and the parcel tray needs to be repaired where it has been cut to fit 6x9s (going to be some expensive 6x9s) other than that it's all minor nuts and bolts issues that will be an easy fix. so it's off to the panel shop today to get the ball rolling. buying with lapsed reg was always going to be a gamble. looks like it might cost a bit more than i was anticipating but the end result will be worth it. cant wait to have it back on the road where it belongs.

i'll start a wanted thread with parts i'll need to get the car through. as it stands, I need a strut brace as it's LVV certed for one but doesnt have one fitted (if things get desperate i'll make one) I will be needing your basketweaves nipe so i'll be in touch. also needs standard front strut tops as it's not certed for camber plates. depending on how much I spend obtaining a repair cert i may just put it through certification for the keskins and the camber plates. but at the moment i'm trying to keep things cheap until I know what the bodyworks going to cost me.

+1 on Brendon's service. Call him and send him an email before hand with order. My goods arrived Tuesday morning before 7am when I paid midday Monday. That's to Auckland though.

Good to see the beast it back on the road, wish I had the time to get mine back in the state that it deserves :(

The biggest problem you are going to have Will, is the rear parcel shelf panel. Many a nice E30 has been deemed devalued or value less due to the butchering of this panel. It is load bearing and structural to the body design. It is not meant to be drilled, cut or welded in any area other than the welding points at manufacture. It depends on the engineer whether you get away with a reasonable cheap repair or he wants it done to factory specs. When doing a pre-purchase inspection, if I see 6 X 9's the first thing I do is check there. If the panels cut or drilled I normally stop and call the prospective buyer. A few on here can attest to this... some are happy...some are not. I only fix em .. I don't phuk em. I've told so many on here before... check before you dig or drill or cut.

have the factory strut tops for the front too man

have the factory strut tops for the front too man

Your a legend mate, il be in touch when the car has been through repair cert.

I suppose it's also time for a progress update on that front. Gordon Milne paint and panel picked the car up last Friday and I was a nervous wreck until I went and payed them and the car a visit this arvo. Was stoked to find that the parcel tray repair has been completed and signed off, and the cost of the repair didn't give me a heart attack. They've also stripped the front end to inspect the repair to the radiator support and everything looks fine in their opinion. So I'll have my first good nights sleep in a few days and might have the car back this week if they get a good run at it.

Your a legend mate, il be in touch when the car has been through repair cert.

I suppose it's also time for a progress update on that front. Gordon Milne paint and panel picked the car up last Friday and I was a nervous wreck until I went and payed them and the car a visit this arvo. Was stoked to find that the parcel tray repair has been completed and signed off, and the cost of the repair didn't give me a heart attack. They've also stripped the front end to inspect the repair to the radiator support and everything looks fine in their opinion. So I'll have my first good nights sleep in a few days and might have the car back this week if they get a good run at it.

That's great news

Good news fella, loving the updates

best to keep everyone informed, i know there are plenty of people out there who want to see this thing back on the road, everyone who has dealt with it so far has been impressed by the quality of the engine conversion.

on the road by christmas is the goal and things are on track at the moment :) got to head down to wanaka for christmas day, and the e30 is the car for the job, it'd be a miserable trip if i had to take the mr2 or the bike.

Edited by w_elliot

best to keep everyone informed, i know there are plenty of people out there who want to see this thing back on the road, everyone who has dealt with it so far has been impressed by the quality of the engine conversion.

on the road by christmas is the goal and things are on track at the moment :) got to head down to wanaka for christmas day, and the e30 is the car for the job, it'd be a miserable trip if i had to take the mr2 or the bike.

Will be in wanaka boxing day onwards... If youre around keen to come see it in person.

... got to head down to wanaka for christmas day, and the e30 is the car for the job...

I'd be taking it regardless <_< ...I wouldn't be able to resist if it was mine!!

Ill be down there from the 28th haha Id love to see it if your around still