Sign in to follow this  
speakeasy

retrims

sup all, i managed to scam to free (thats free, as in i paid.... nothing! no they werent stolen, just completely f**ked) m tech front seats and an m tech three spoke steering wheel for my baby but alas, the seats are the wrong colour cloth! i fixed em up good as new and now im stuck cos there apparently quite difficult to trim, casue they have those roll out thigh supporters and stuff an i refuse to pay upwards of $500 for the trim. one qoute was $1200, "doing me a favour" f**k that. does anyone know anybody in the trade? be ya best friend for life......

oh yeah, the seats were ....free! mhuhahahaha :lol:

ya i know someone

you will need to bring him the seats to check it

where abouts do you live???

well im gunna be paying $600 a seat to be done in leather which is an awsome price and about $2000 for all the seats but yea just look around there are lots of places in onehunga , wat are you doing to dem like wat are u covering dem in , leather ,vinyl, cloth , bmw factory cloth which i presume will b kinda expensive

cheers guys, ill look into these places... oh and bimmer boy, bmw cloth is $150 a metre. i wonder how they sleep at night... im using cloth in the closest blue-grey match i can find, but im definatly not using original bimmer stuff.

msbond - is that blair at whangaporoa from thames?

Edited by speakeasy

cheers guys, ill look into these places... oh and bimmer boy, bmw cloth is $150 a metre. i wonder how they sleep at night... im using cloth in the closest blue-grey match i can find, but im definatly not using original bimmer stuff.

msbond - is that blair at whangaporoa from thames?

yea $150 is quite alot for cloth .....but if i had to get cloth i would get thet ///m cloth that came in m3 without leather

Shelley, if you gona give my company a plug at least get the name right! it's Gulf Harbour Covers.

Speakeasy, no im not from Thames, yes i do upholstery, i retrimmed shelly's car in the cream leather ( don't look too close, that was first attempt ). if you really want i can give you a price but i am real busy so it'd have to be cash and in the weekend, which means cheap but not quick, from memory it takes about a day per seat, providing there the same as Shelley's, so it may take a few weeks.

so killa B

how much would it cos to re-trim my e36 front seats in modena kinda coloured tan with black piping???

Bimmer boy:

Depends on what material you want to use, i like working with leather, you can cut it small and stretch it on, to a certain point, basicly its nice to work with.

I have an e36 and havent attempted to do my own seats yet, they look quite difficult with the extending leg support ect. If your seats are out of the car i'd like to have a look at them, then i could give you a better idea of price.

I only have one question, why do you want them piped ? i dont think piping will suit them, B.

o yep the seats are out of the car .. cos i dnt seem to own the rest b sides the seats ^_^ but yea i was just thinking piping just one of the options i am thinking bout o and my seats are just regular so mine dnt hav lumber support like sports seats (although i really really want sports seats ) but yea if u can giv me a rough estimate it would be awsome

Mmmk....... you have seats but no car ? i would have got the car first i think......neway, two front seats done out of leather, no piping or extras, and without seeing them id say probably around $500 for one or $800 for both. (thats a rough estimate not a quote). Pm me if anyone wants more info. B.

Edited by Killa B