Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

MAPECU2 Help

First time I have had a play with software like this. My new race car has one installed and has already been tuned.

But the injector size has been increased to cover the extra fuel the Turbo is going to require. However the car is staying NA while I build a turbo motor so I can race in the mean time.

Anyone know if you can easily decrease the amount of fuel being pumped in without having to alter the entire fuel chart?

I just need to get the car to idle as it is just dumping fuel at the moment. Need to get the motor up to temp so I can crank the head bolts again.

Then off to the tuner.

You can extrapolate the values between two boxes in the opposite corners of a selected part of the fuel graph. Look at the manual for more information on this, or PM crunchy he knows all when it comes to most things including mapecu.

You can download the manual from:

http://www.mapecu.co.nz/ in the support -> map-cal sub catagory

Yeah cheers I have been reading through it all. Just waiting for a laptop with a express card slot so I can plug it all in. Serial is such a pain in the ass these days.

I should be able to dial it back so it is not just flooding itself.

I'm not sure what math functions you can do on the map, but if you can select the whole fuel map and reduce it by a percentage i would do that. You could get it pretty close by working out how much bigger the injectors are than the previous ones.

You can extrapolate the values between two boxes in the opposite corners of a selected part of the fuel graph. Look at the manual for more information on this, or PM crunchy he knows all when it comes to most things including mapecu.

You can download the manual from:

http://www.mapecu.co.nz/ in the support -> map-cal sub catagory

+1

as andrew has pointed out the other thing to do is run it up on the old injectors to get it running then swap them over when your tuner does his thing wont hurt to do it, also you need to select the scope you want as far as the table goes when going turbo -24 + 15psi suits most then copy and past the turn you have now up to "0" in the table makes life a little easier for the tuner.

Yeah cheers I have been reading through it all. Just waiting for a laptop with a express card slot so I can plug it all in. Serial is such a pain in the ass these days.

I should be able to dial it back so it is not just flooding itself.

If you get a usb to serial adapter and manually download & install the prolific driver (dont install the driver automatically). Also after install check the mapcal is connected to same port as the driver and at least com port 10 or lower. Its quite simple if you do some fishing in the mapcal options and in the driver for the adapter options.

I did all this and it works 100% every time.

Just picked up an adapter. Have had them running before many years ago. But it was one we made so I will try this one off trademe.

I think I will swap the injectors back for now. No point them being in there anyway as they will be installed in the new motor to be built.

Interested to see what this little ECU can do. You get a lot more for you money these days that's for sure.

Edited by driftit

Just picked up an adapter. Have had them running before many years ago. But it was one we made so I will try this one off trademe.

I think I will swap the injectors back for now. No point them being in there anyway as they will be installed in the new motor to be built.

Interested to see what this little ECU can do. You get a lot more for you money these days that's for sure.

i helped design the mapecu many years ago with a good mate i went to school with and i still help out with it, i just finished tuning a mapecu3 in my turbo e36 318 using extra injectors runs great pulls like a school boy for a very low 10psi

Ah right. I have purchased Milans E34 535 race car. Will be building a new turbo M30 for next season.

Milan had originally planned to do the same. This is why he put the new injectors in. For now I think I will just put the old ones back in and get the tune checked.

The MAPECU covers everything I want from an ECU.

Ah right. I have purchased Milans E34 535 race car. Will be building a new turbo M30 for next season.

Milan had originally planned to do the same. This is why he put the new injectors in. For now I think I will just put the old ones back in and get the tune checked.

great stuff look forward to seeing how you go

Bit of research to do. Been away from Turbos for a while now.

Bit of research to do. Been away from Turbos for a while now.

hollow out if you need help its my 24/7 job

What is your understanding of the regulations regarding m30 turbos in the open class? I only ask as im goin to enter my e30 chassis in it once ive ironed the bumps out of her.

What is your understanding of the regulations regarding m30 turbos in the open class? I only ask as im goin to enter my e30 chassis in it once ive ironed the bumps out of her.

In terms of the BMW Open Class, you can only run the turbo if the chassis came with it, Dan's build will be replicating the Alpina B10 bi-turbo (you can run a single if it came with two but not the other way around).

For this reason a e30 turbo car will not comply with the current rules.

They are pretty stringent too, I was trying to get approval for a period Dinan E30 S14 turbo build but that got turned down :(

Edited by Jamez

As James said.

You're at a disadvantage if you're using an E30 chassis. No turbo or V8 options available.

In terms of the BMW Open Class, you can only run the turbo if the chassis came with it, Dan's build will be replicating the Alpina B10 bi-turbo (you can run a single if it came with two but not the other way around).

For this reason a e30 turbo car will not comply with the current rules.

They are pretty stringent too, I was trying to get approval for a period Dinan E30 S14 turbo build but that got turned down :(

Yeah that was my understanding too, seems a funny regulation if you ask me, but fair enough, otherwise every man and their dog would be installing hair dryers.

They are also very strick on Turbos.

All turbos must run in A class. Even if they are low powered.

Only a handful of Turbo BMW's that can run.

They are also very strick on Turbos.

All turbos must run in A class. Even if they are low powered.

Only a handful of Turbo BMW's that can run.

im well aware of what can be done i help with dan slatter and mike delmount all very much within the rules :) its about what and who you know makes for a great outcome

and reading the class rules theres no limitation to what type of turbo is used nor power output can only run one unit where the alpina based car ran one one fit one if it ran two, no limits on motor mods or ecu the rules are pretty wide open really

Edited by crunchy

I still plan (job, children, wife, time, etc permitting) to get my 2002 in turbo form racing alongside the big dogs. I plan on coming dead last in A Class, given I don't have aspirations to have - or talent to drive - more than about 250hp.

As long as someone, somewhere in the field drives about as quick as me it should be fun.

Steve - will eventually come talk to you about a decent choice of turbo for it. Need to get it running first before worrying about that kind of detail.

Edited by CamB

I still plan (job, children, wife, time, etc permitting) to get my 2002 in turbo form racing alongside the big dogs. I plan on coming dead last in A Class, given I don't have aspirations to have - or talent to drive - more than about 250hp.

As long as someone, somewhere in the field drives about as quick as me it should be fun.

Steve - will eventually come talk to you about a decent choice of turbo for it. Need to get it running first before worrying about that kind of detail.

anytime go join my facebook