Sign in to follow this  
Apex

NZ's best optioned 1M.

Agreed, there are some nice aftersales parts on there, seats and steering wheel alone are worth many thousands of $$$$s.

Oh no, wait, theres no heating in those seats.. and you do really need the heated seat option in a 1M B)

Just to add to it, BMW 1M Coupe Akrapovic Exhaust Sound:

Sexy sexy exhaust system and very expensive upgrade.. think 10k :lol:

Those seats would go nice in an E30...

Agreed, there are some nice aftersales parts on there, seats and steering wheel alone are worth many thousands of $$$$s.

Oh no, wait, theres no heating in those seats.. and you do really need the heated seat option in a 1M B)

I have those Recaro seats in my Megane RS250, its a $7,000 option, but worth it if you drive like a mad man, they hug in all the right places, hold well on a race track and yet are comfortable on long trips... down side is that there is a bar on the back of them that cuts rear seat foot room and being Recaro the material wears poorly on the lower side bolster.

No doubt it would be a heap of fun to drive but it's just so bloody ugly.

I thought these things came ready to rumble? the whole point in buying a 1M as a pose to a 135i?

I'm one of those that prefers not to f**k with perfection.

I would agree if it was King Springs, Advatii, Pitstop with some cheap seats and a Momo steering wheel but all the upgrades are worthwhile and top quality, KW, BBS, Akrapovic, BMW Performance, that ls a nice list of names!!

If you have 25k to spend on options why wouldn't you??

As for 1M being ugly, that would be a case of looks are subjective, its not pretty but I think they look awesome, you can tell it means business!

I know the owner quite well and he's fastidious when it comes to his cars.

I've also had the pleasure of piloting this around Pukekohe in anger with all of its 450hp+ or something ridiculous on tap - it is VERY fast in a straight line.

However - I don't rate the suspension very highly - in fact a bit of a let down in my opinion (the spring rates are too low for the car and the rebound insufficient to conteract the heave that happens when you have that much power going to the rear end). Fair to say however the owner didn't really set this thing up to go fast around corners - more so for straight line speed and "looks" (or stance if you like).

Either way, any new owner would be pleased to own this - it is loads of fun, just need to raise the car a tad bit, heavier springs and perhaps better shocks with a high rebound range.

I'm one of those that prefers not to f**k with perfection.

I've driven and reviewed the 1M extensively. The difference between the stock standard one and this thing is night and day ... an extra 100hp goes a long way in something like this.

Edited by M3_Power

I've also had the pleasure of piloting this around Pukekohe in anger with all of its 450hp+ or something ridiculous on tap - it is VERY fast in a straight line.

Surely only 350+ hp? With the relevant torque figure available everywhere, all the time, of course.

Surely only 350+ hp? With the relevant torque figure available everywhere, all the time, of course.

Not when I drove it. It had around 450hp ... not sure if it's been reverted back to standard power output now, but when I drove it it was heck of a lot faster than a standard one.

To the owner however, this was actually quite a 'slow car'. I guess when you have a 600hp+ R35 GTR, nothing compares haha.

Oh and in case anyone was wondering - no I didn't thrash the car - the owner just wanted some feedback on the lines around Pukekohe and the setup on the car - so I took it quite easy around the track (given that it didn't handle very well, I didn't dare to push the car at all, as we'd most certainly be in the wall if I even tried).

Edited by M3_Power

If you have 25k to spend on options why wouldn't you??

As for 1M being ugly, that would be a case of looks are subjective, its not pretty but I think they look awesome, you can tell it means business!

I'd rather spend the 25k on a holiday lol, more enjoyable!

+1 on the looks, they sit tough!

I actually think it has the best looks of any new BMW at the moment. Adrian van Hooydonk hasn't done the new line up any favours.

Sorry guys I would have to say no for that sort of money it would really have to tick a few more boxes for me than it does just a personnel thing and don't wish to offend anybody.

yes very well spec'd

Vehicle information

Type Value

VIN WBSUR920X0VS71796

Type code UR92

Type M COUPE (EUR)

E series E82 (MUE)

Series 1

Type COUPE

Steering RL

Doors 2

Engine N54T

Displacement 3.00

Power 250

Drive HECK

Transmission MECH

Colour ALPINWEISS 3 (300)

Upholstery LEDER BOSTON 2/SCHW./KONTR.ORANGE (LWNZ)

Prod.date 2011-10-14

Options

Code Description (interface) Description (EPC)

S1CBA CO2 UMFANG CO2 equipment

S1CDA BRAKE ENERGY REGENERATION Brake Energy Regeneration

S230A EU SPEZIFISCHE ZUSATZUMFAENGE Extra package, EU-speciifc

S2PAA RADSCHRAUBENSICHERUNG Wheel bolt locks

S302A ALARMANLAGE Alarm system

S322A KOMFORTZUGANG Comfort access

S420A SONNENSCHUTZVERGLASUNG Sun protection glazing

S428A WARNDREIECK Warning triangle and first aid kit

S430A INNEN-/AUSSENSPIEGEL AUT.ABBLENDEND Interior/outside mirror with auto dip

S431A INNENSPIEGEL,AUTOMATISCH ABBLENDEND Interior mirror with automatic-dip

S441A RAUCHERPAKET Smoker package

S459A SITZVERSTELLUNG, ELEKTR.MIT MEMORY Seat adjustment, electric, with memory

S473A ARMAUFLAGE VORN Armrest front

S488A LORDOSENSTUETZE FAHRER/BEIFAHRER Lumbar support, driver and passenger

S493A ABLAGENPAKET Storage compartment package

S494A SITZHEIZUNG FUER FAHRER/BEIFAHRER Seat heating driver/passenger

S502A SCHEINWERFER-WASCHANLAGE Headlight cleaning system

S507A PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC) Park Distance Control (PDC), rear

S521A REGENSENSOR Rain sensor

S522A XENON-LICHT Xenon Light

S524A ADAPTIVES KURVENLICHT Adaptive Headlights

S534A KLIMAAUTOMATIK Automatic air conditioning

S548A KILOMETERTACHO Kilometre speedo

S563A LICHTPAKET Light package

S5ACA FERNLICHTASSISTENT High-beam assistant

S609A NAVIGATIONSSYSTEM PROFESSIONAL Navigation system Professional

S614A INTERNET VORBEREITUNG Internet preparation

S615A ERWEITERTE BMW ONLINE INFORMATION Extended BMW Online Information

S620A SPRACHEINGABESYSTEM Voice control

S644A HANDY VORB. MIT BLUETOOTH-SCHNITTS. Preparation f mobile phone w Bluetooth

S688A HARMAN/KARDON SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM HARMAN/KARDON SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM

S6FLA USB-AUDIO-SCHNITTSTELLE USB/audio interface

S6NFA MUSIC-SCHNITTSTELLE FUER SMARTPHONE Music interface for Smartphone

S6VCA STEUERUNG COMBOX Control, Combox

S700A AREA-CODE 4 Area-Code 4 for DVD

S760A INDIVIDUAL HOCHGLANZ SHADOW LINE High gloss shadow line

S7CFA BMW REPAIR INCLUSIVE 3/80 MINI Repair Inclusive

P7KBA NAVIGATIONPAKET PROFESSIONAL Navigation package Professional

L810A AUSTRALIEN-AUSFUEHRUNG National version Australia

S818A BATTERIEHAUPTSCHALTER Battery master switch

S825A RADIO-STEUERUNG OZEANIEN Radio control Oceania

S845A AKUSTISCHE GURTWARNUNG Acoustic fasten seat belt reminder

S876A FUNKFREQUENZ 315 MHZ Radio frequency 315 MHz

S880A ENGLISCH / BORDLITERATUR On-board literature, English

S8S3A AUTOM. VERRIEGELUNG BEIM ANFAHREN Automatic locking during starting

S8SMA FAHRGESTELLNUMMER,V.AUSSEN SICHTBAR Car ident. number visible from outside

S8SXA PROVIDERZUORDNUNG F.TELEM.ONLINE-D. Prov.assignm.for Telematic/Online serv.

S8TGA DIEBSTAHLSICHERUNG Thiefproofing device

S8TNA TAGFAHRLICHT UEBER LICHTMENUE EINST Dummy-SALAPA

S925A VERSANDSCHUTZPAKET Dispatch protection pack

Standard equipment

S216A SERVOTRONIC HYDRO STEERING-SERVOTRONIC

S249A MULITFUNKTION FUER LENKRAD Multifunction f steering wheel

S2N6A 19"M LM RAEDER Y-SPEICHE 359 M/MB BMW LA wheel M Y-spoke 359

S321A EXTERIEURUMFAENGE IN WAGENFARBE Exterior parts in vehicle colour

S481A SPORTSITZE FUER FAHRER/BEIFAHRER Sports seat

S4WBA INTERIEURLEISTEN ALCANTARA ANTHRAZI Int.trim finishers, Alcantara anthracite

S540A GESCHWINDIGKEITSREGELUNG Cruise control

S775A INDIVIDUAL DACHHIMMEL ANTHRAZIT Headlining anthracite

S853A SPRACHVERSION ENGLISCH Language version, English

^^ Everything on that spec sheet is standard equipment for NZ spec 1M's except for the sun protection glazing.

I think it looks fantastic and you're right on the exhaust.. sounds awesome.

Edited by BMWTouring

I have those Recaro seats in my Megane RS250, its a $7,000 option

Not sure who makes the M Performance seats on behalf of BMW, it's probably Magna Intier (part of Steyr group) rather than Recaro and at current pricing you'd get just over half of one M Performance seat for that price - but that does include the personal fitting session.

The build sheet listed doesn't really tell the story, that is how it left the factory, a pretty good starting point admittedly, but most of the mods have been done after it left. It certainly doesn't have the SA488 Lumbar Support option any more :P !

That is stunningly badass! The standard 1Ms are stupid quick I thought so this thing must be nuts.

I know the owner quite well and he's fastidious when it comes to his cars.

I've driven and reviewed the 1M extensively. The difference between the stock standard one and this thing is night and day ... an extra 100hp goes a long way in something like this.

Is the owner Chris that has a very extensive list of cars? Fiat 500 Abarth, AW11 MR2 (with custom widebody kit), Porsche Cayman R to name a few??

If so, he definitley looks after his vehicles

I actually think it has the best looks of any new BMW at the moment. Adrian van Hooydonk hasn't done the new line up any favours.

Ain't it sad that such a 'strange' looking car is the current best looking M car from BMW :(

Not sure who makes the M Performance seats on behalf of BMW, it's probably Magna Intier (part of Steyr group) rather than Recaro and at current pricing you'd get just over half of one M Performance seat for that price - but that does include the personal fitting session.

BMW Performance seats are made by Recaro - there's a big recaro sticker on the bottom of it. The seats are actually a standard recaro model called Sportster:

http://www.recaro-automotive.com/en/produc...-serie-1-3.html

That is stunningly badass! The standard 1Ms are stupid quick I thought so this thing must be nuts.

It is nuts - quite a bit quicker in a straight line compared to the V8 M3.

Is the owner Chris that has a very extensive list of cars? Fiat 500 Abarth, AW11 MR2 (with custom widebody kit), Porsche Cayman R to name a few??

If so, he definitley looks after his vehicles

That would be him as you can see from his trademe account.

Although I have to honestly say that the best car he has in his collection is the Honda Civic Mugen RR - now that thing is "THE BEST" handling car I've had the privilege of driving around Pukekohe.

Oh to be wealthy :(. What does he do for a living to afford all those nice cars if you don't mind my asking?

That is one seriously awesome car. I think the wheels are a tad large for it though. I must be getting old

Edited by Top Secret