Sign in to follow this  
Apex

Jaguar XFR-S

Very impressive looking car, sure it doesn't have the 0-100 time of some of the others but I don't care, thats just on paper, from the looks of the specs and what they have done to it this one will be a cracker to drive.

Posted Image

http://www.netcarshow.com/jaguar/2014-xfr-s/

I fell in love way too fast, just worked out what this will likely cost. $200k!! But looking at how fast Jags depreciate I should be able to buy one for half that in less than three years.

Personally I like its look, maybe I am channeling my inner bogan, prefer it to a 5 series or E class, the RS6 is nice looking but AWD and boring, this looks like it has the AMG style muscle!

Does look a bit HSV-ish - maybe it's all the blacked out grill, emblem, wheels and trim on a bright blue car. The giant spoiler doesn't help either.

Still, bet it would be a lot of fun if you had $200K floating around.

Bah all you HSV people, we have ordered one in so should be a bit of fun. XFR is a stupid quick car that has better ratings than the M5 so the S should be neato.

Don't know what you are all going on about, doesn't look anything like a HSV! My first thoughts when I saw some other promo shots at work was FG Falcon :lol: , but then that could be the blue colour.

Jags have never really worked as performance cars since the E-Type and MkII days, they kind of forgot about the speed bit and went down the gentlemans' club on wheels road. New models coming out now certainly look and drive much better than previous models though, so this could be a contender.

Bah all you HSV people, we have ordered one in so should be a bit of fun. XFR is a stupid quick car that has better ratings than the M5 so the S should be neato.

do you know if it was white because one just left the store had some very different type of jag wheels but they make the car

Don't know what you are all going on about, doesn't look anything like a HSV! My first thoughts when I saw some other promo shots at work was FG Falcon :lol: , but then that could be the blue colour.

Jags have never really worked as performance cars since the E-Type and MkII days, they kind of forgot about the speed bit and went down the gentlemans' club on wheels road. New models coming out now certainly look and drive much better than previous models though, so this could be a contender.

plus one,i thought it looked like a falcon

indeed rather HSV like.

i thought it looked like a falcon

What's the difference?

Haha bastards!

It's an indian owned UK built car, nothing to do with Aussie!

Haha bastards!

It's an indian owned UK built car, nothing to do with Aussie!

So jags are as much euro as a Mondeo then

Pretty much, still know which one i'd take though, ever since the indians took over they have become a far superior brand, the XF is the Jag for non Jag fans, the XJ is the Jag for old school Jag fans.

I thought Mondeo's were built in Belguim, my old 2002 was at any rate. They're a good car for the price.

Pretty much, still know which one i'd take though, ever since the indians took over they have become a far superior brand, the XF is the Jag for non Jag fans, the XJ is the Jag for old school Jag fans.

XJ is still horny though, would have one if I was a rich old dude, noticed James Bond was driving one in SkyFall, the royals used them as wedding cars.. if its good enough for James Bond and Royal family, its good enough for me! haha :lol:

I thought Mondeo's were built in Belguim, my old 2002 was at any rate. They're a good car for the price.

All the Euro fords are great, they are good value and drive well compared to the Japanese equivalent IMHO.. have been driving a new Focus lately and its the best car in its class.

The Mondeo I had was great, ex lease, bought it unseen on TradeMe when I was living overseas, had 230kms when I bought it but it drove good. Much better made than a Camry that's for sure.

XJ is still horny though, would have one if I was a rich old dude, noticed James Bond was driving one in SkyFall, the royals used them as wedding cars.. if its good enough for James Bond and Royal family, its good enough for me! haha :lol:

All the Euro fords are great, they are good value and drive well compared to the Japanese equivalent IMHO.. have been driving a new Focus lately and its the best car in its class.

I really rate the new XJ, fantastic car at a cheapish price compared to BMW equivalent.

As I was leaving work this afternoon a truck pulled up with a white XF (RS)? on it.