Sign in to follow this  
No name user

E36 M42 TURBO, NOT A MYTH

Steve, are you using an M30 3.5l for your e34 weapon?

M50B25

Nice! Am definatley keen to read/see more about this beast. It seems quite common to turbo the old m30 or if you're well off an s36 or s38. Props to ya for having a tinker on the M42 and M50! Someone should gift you an m60 to turbo :)

Nice! Am definatley keen to read/see more about this beast. It seems quite common to turbo the old m30 or if you're well off an s36 or s38. Props to ya for having a tinker on the M42 and M50! Someone should gift you an m60 to turbo :)

the M30 is such a strong engine even in stock form apart from the rockers if you rev it to hard thus i went for the M50 as itll run past 8k, the little M42 has just gone past 11k since the build and still runs strong as for the M60?

someone want to be the donor im keen :)

That looks real menacing, if I saw that in the rear view mirror id turn into a old granny pull over and let you past ! Start a tread we are all keen to follow the making of this machine :)

That looks real menacing, if I saw that in the rear view mirror id turn into a old granny pull over and let you past ! Start a tread we are all keen to follow the making of this machine :)

its not far off being done so its not worth a putting thread up but youll know when im in your streets ;)

Got asked nicely on an update for e34 turbo so ill keep it brief.

Car is running and tuned fuel system was completed or should i say upgraded on weekend just gone, upon testing it only tuned to 5psi which it makes by 4500rpm which im pretty happy with its pretty good since i run it to 8500 giving a large window for use.

Pulls well to 5k smooth and responsive from there to redline it gets interesting i swear the tow bar hits the deck and front end gets very light mind you the rear coil overs are set a tad soft but it hits the limiter at a blink of the eye with not bad traction.

Down side the sintered saw blade clutch didnt like it too much letting go at the topend of third so making another flywheel and clutch but twin plate solid center then itll get turned up to 10psi and another tune ( if the clutch holds )as for power?

Well the clutch had a 400ft/lb rating im sure those interested will get the idea plus its just a number ;)

Edited by crunchy

Good to see you back, even if it is brief, looks like you've been having fun! Are you planning on running it up on a dyno? Be very interested to see what it's putting out. And some vids!!!

apologies i have a very short tolerance to special people as such and no not you :)

itll go to the dyno after the new clutch etc its to hard to catch the tune for flash road tuning now my daughter will tag my FB page when we had a play with the launch control which totally destroyed the clutch which to be honest was great fun doesn't take long to remove the box so no big deal

Edited by crunchy

Just love your skiteing style Crunchy! Subtle but brutal. Great work!

All good Steve, it's people like you I love in life! Take an idea that seems impossable and makes it happen, and shut afew people up on the way haha!

Can't wait to see her in action.

Got asked nicely on an update for e34 turbo so ill keep it brief.

Car is running and tuned fuel system was completed or should i say upgraded on weekend just gone, upon testing it only tuned to 5psi which it makes by 4500rpm which im pretty happy with its pretty good since i run it to 8500 giving a large window for use.

Pulls well to 5k smooth and responsive from there to redline it gets interesting i swear the tow bar hits the deck and front end gets very light mind you the rear coil overs are set a tad soft but it hits the limiter at a blink of the eye with not bad traction.

Down side the sintered saw blade clutch didnt like it too much letting go at the topend of third so making another flywheel and clutch but twin plate solid center then itll get turned up to 10psi and another tune ( if the clutch holds )as for power?

Well the clutch had a 400ft/lb rating im sure those interested will get the idea plus its just a number ;)

8500rpm!? What kind of work is involved to get the m50 to handle that :blink: ?

Can't wait to see this

its a long list

opps forgot to mention this isn't the good motor thats sitting on the engine stand

Video doesn't work?

Keen to see more been following your progress :D

Video doesn't work?

Keen to see more been following your progress :D

just tried it works fine

shared it on my timeline which should be for all to see barring that youll need to take my word on it

Sounds good man, upgrades upgrades & more upgrades haha

or maybe just do it once do it right

Very Cool! your setup will definitely overcome the weight of the E34 Chassis and be crazy as :)

Of course by todays standards an E34 525i isn't really that heavy I guess, since a new VW Golf is close to 1400kg (for a small ish hatchback) .

mapecu worked very well i since then stepped up to larger injectors thus had to go aftermarket ecu as the mapecu cant control them to well being over 50% larger than stock it will however depending what your doing will run yours well