Sign in to follow this  
No name user

E36 M42 TURBO, NOT A MYTH

just went for a spin goes rather well even if i say so

just fitting some better seats then a few little things then off for a cert

Not ,much to show, well there is but youll need to see it in person cant give all the bits away but the 6 speed isnt too far off hopefully plus the new plate should get up some peoples noses hopefully

post-793-0-44820500-1393923801_thumb.jpg

Edited by crunchy

For those who maybe interested the 34 turbo went for a cert last week as to be expected it failed on a few things mainly dew to the fact i pointed them out to the cert guy not that he wasn't doing his job far from it but i guess i wasn't 100% happy with it, unfortunately one minor thing turned into a 12hr fix but we choose to do these things.

Changed the front brakes again as i wasn't happy with the rotor kick causing pad knock off have now fitted Merc disc's works much better have also landed the 6 speed boxes as the 260g really isnt liking the power it makes running 7psi nor do the 265 rears so box change is a must.

Apart from that all going well ill be stalking the streets in a few weeks

• Like 1

Good to see its almost on the road!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202908713012607&set=vb.1046214421&type=2&theater

things all sorted for the recheck cert then it turned to poo dropped 2 cly the ignitors are getting hard to come by so got a 4 channel CDI unit and re configured the injector settings which were hard to find and now back on all 6 !

Figure why the speedo hates me and warrent time

Shyt so you are about to hit the streets soon. Cant wait to see this :)

Has past its cert and new plates are ready to go

post-793-0-12945200-1400111807.jpg

• Like 4

Great plate Steve

Hey bro how is the car? Any other updates? My e36 is taking a while, was aiming to turn the key around May but I ran out of money so here I am saving once again lol :)

Hey bro how is the car? Any other updates? My e36 is taking a while, was aiming to turn the key around May but I ran out of money so here I am saving once again lol :)

the 34 is sitting there collecting dust waiting for it cert plate

the 36 goes very well might throw some coil overs at it

• Like 1

What great workmanship.

Looking forward to the next update.

I ran the e34 on the weekend just gone cant complain too much it did everything well and didnt break only issue is it had was it runs too cold

• Like 1

Radiator to big or need a different T.stat?

Radiator to big or need a different T.stat?

going to make a slider screen operated from inside the car to cover 1/4 of the rad that way if it gets hot i can open it up, it uses a 86deg thermostat and v12 radiator the main issue i think is the water pump i made it works a little too well

Haha too well engineered! Slider sounds like a good idea. Works for ice road trucker guys haha

• Like 1

Finished but more to do, you never finish a project

post-793-0-79495500-1409375872.jpg

• Like 2

+1 HD video with SOUND!

Hello,

i have an e36 sport edition myself with an m42 engine and have been restoring it slowly slowly for the past year,  the idea of adding a turbo always interested me but i never likeedthe idea of installing it exactly near the manifold, being covered by the engine. I never found out a way to pass the exhaust pipes because of the ac which is in the middle, could you please send me some pictures and explain how you managed to pass the exhuast pipes as this is the only thing keeping me from turbocharging it. My email is salibajoe0203@gmail.com, much appreciated.

Joseph