Sign in to follow this  
Apex

1990 325i SE

Just a heads up more than anything.

I looked at this car a couple of weeks ago, I made an offer.

It was for sale on BS early this year and under all the dirt it is a very nice car, the add does not do it justice, just needs the rear door knocked out and a new hub cap for one of the 15" weaves, the engine runs well and pulls strong and is very quite, interior is immaculate, all lecky windows work as does sun roof.

Its not a race car or sporty but with a bit of elbow grease could clean up into a nice daily cruiser.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-523937358.htm

Someone buy it and clean it up before I do and make myself broke for Christmas.

How much did you offer if you don't mind me asking? (I'm assuming your offer was turned down?)

Just so I don't waste my time!

another BMW added to the watchlist i have no intention of buying. sure does look tidy. very rare to see colour coded bumpers and interior trim in an E30 too, so special from the outset

I don't usually offer negative opinions, but $3k for a damaged auto SE... I had trouble selling a calypso SE manual sedan 325i with same km's for $2800

Hey Guys,

This was the parents old daily. Was immaculate when they bought it. The owner before us was a BMW employee (not sure which dealership sorry) and they bought the car literally just down the road from Middlemore Hospital (Coronation Rd) for $6500 :o Lived it's life with us on the Shore.

Ended up selling last year just after moving to Papamoa. Mum went back up to the Ellerslie Car Show and I think sold for $3000ish.

Good Points from when they owned it.

In our ownership all servicing required was carried out by Ken at Bellars Motor Worx.

Bad Points from when they owned it.

Tappets had started getting really quite noisy and had been mentioned by Bellars that some cam work would need to be done at some point.

The radiator died on a trip my brother took to Hamilton. I wasn't there but it sounded like he overheated it nicely... Brand New radiator was fitted when he got back would have been 2 years ago now. Nothing went wrong after that but I can't help but think something could have been damaged that could show up later? Don't know enough about those kinds of things to say...

Wheels are pretty shocking, the brake dust has eaten the coating away so they would need a good repaint to come up well.

Thats about it but I thought I'd give you guys a heads up :)