Sign in to follow this  
polley

318i coupe

Nice! If you haven't already figured out .. When Bluetooth streaming turn the phone volume down to maybe 70%. Full volume sometimes creates a lot of distortion..

Got a different phone. Fixed the problem..

You need to sus an inside mount for the cam, like up on the back window so there's a bit more going on to watch. First person viewing is a bit ho-hum after a couple minutes.

Quite a smart car though, sounds fast.

The ol C10? Chev truck though! lol! He's got that going pretty good!

• Like 1

What was that white car that almost stacked it in front of you in the first vid? Looked like a diahatsu? Also, needs more 'accidental power slides' cause isnt that is the whole purpose of having a turbo e30 right?

• Like 1

Yeah I got a mount for it, getting into the back if the car is a pain though with fixed seats. I'll try find somewhere better to put it though. That chev truck is pretty fast for what it is though. I think I might have him next time though once I have more confidence in my tyres and brakes. I was braking way too early

What was that white car that almost stacked it in front of you in the first vid? Looked like a diahatsu? Also, needs more 'accidental power slides' cause isnt that is the whole purpose of having a turbo e30 right?

I didn't get any videos if that last time at the autox / motorkhana. LSD is a bit sad now, was spinning the inside wheel out of some of the corners

The white/ orange one? Its some Peugeot thing. Pretty quick when the other dudes driving it

Edited by polley

Posted Image

I now have my ecu talking to a raspberry pi running Linux over can bus.

looking badass ... good to see youre back at the hill climbs after your off a while back.

• Like 1

What oil cooler are you using josh? I keep coming across Chinese sh*t, I see cardwells have some decent ones but there must be more than that out there..

Hoist 1 out of 2 up in the shed. E30 been the first one up of course. Always wanted a hoist.

post-5710-0-86791500-1424324720_thumb.jp

• Like 5

51fe79da1d3fb41017f23b2428268f55.jpg39a94b798c947c80adcf286ca8c97493.jpg

Few sump modifications, not yet completed.

Edited by polley

Few sump modifications, not yet completed.

that looks suspiciously V8/V12 rather than M50!

that looks suspiciously V8/V12 rather than M50!

M62.

Might give the m70 ago in the e30 one day, but it seems heavy and lazy.

Is that required for M62 swaps, or is that purely for a better drive line angle sitting engine lower?

Lazy?

IMG_6825_zps5c5485af.jpg

That would definatly wake it up! Unfortunately it makes the front so heavy, and a lot of the weight is up high and forward of the front subframe.

Maybe in a bigger car it would be better.

Edited by polley

Is that required for M62 swaps, or is that purely for a better drive line angle sitting engine lower?

Not at all, most people space the subframe down 20mm, but this f**ks up your suspension geometry and driveline angle. Would rather sit it down further without making suspension and driveline compromises.

i feel the weight in the front of my touring over other touing (though havent pedaled a 540i yet), an E30 V12 would be silly, tbh i wouldnt even be that impressed by it, poor engine choice to match the vehicle.

• Like 2

i feel the weight in the front of my touring over other touing (though havent pedaled a 540i yet), an E30 V12 would be silly, tbh i wouldnt even be that impressed by it, poor engine choice to match the vehicle.

Exactly.

Sometimes I feel even the M50 turbo is a bit heavy, a lot of weight up high towards the front. A bottom mount M54 turbo would be better imo. I wasnt impressed by the M70 I did in the E28, though it prob lost a bit of its grunt with the zoomies on it.

Posted Image

Some new goodies. Fuel cell, flex fuel sensor and a getrag 420g

• Like 3

What coilovers did you use in this? Looks like shocks are adjustable also?