Sign in to follow this  
curves.asia

1988 320i : Renewal

Finally rained in Auckland this afternoon, which does bring some good and bad news.

The leakage points mentioned are not leaking, double checked when I got home from work before. BUT... the bottom section of the driver's door seal is seeping water into the cabin in small amounts <_< traceable easy because one part of the bottom section was really damp.

Does anyone know where I can get these seals?

EDIT: Took out the seals and then putting them back in again, did a temp. fix by preventing water using a towel :unsure:

Edited by curves.asia

Washed the car this afternoon, which also served as a "tester" to my driver door sealing problems - the problem's quite obvious now, because the door's dropped a bit by around 1cm so there's a gap between the drainage seal and the door frames which meant that water could easily flow in and pool at the bottom and entering the footwells...

Another roadblock it seems :mellow:

How has the door dropped 1cm??

It's not aligned with the rear window frames whateveryoucall and you can actually move it (the door) up and down i.e. just feels "loose"... need a picture to explain it but yeah, it's definitely dropped :unsure:

Probably the pin on the hinges need tightening or what nots...

Work's started again for the year so had my hands full over the last few weeks... though most of the work on the car is almost done tho, which is a rather good feeling :) also retrofitted foglights from a mate too

Just a couple of things, the carpet's still out and one side still needs to be water-tested - passed the first time around with minimal re-dos.

So over the next whenever I'm free the carpet's going in, need a new H3 bulb for the right fogs, fog relay...

Posted Image

Edited by curves.asia

All the work's been done today :)

The carpet's gone back in, and then took out the door and pretty much the pins and the bushings on the driver's door hinge(s). It was pretty much frozen solid because of all the rust build up on the bolts.

So after CRC-ing for ages, got the pins and the bushings out, cleaned them before putting them back in and then re-aligned the door, the end result (left is before and right is after):

Posted Image

One step away from doing a manual conversion :)

Mother nature was kind enough to give the car a full weather test last night and this morning... the car passed! :D I have no leaks so far, either that or there's a small one that's not enough for the carpet to damp in.

But, I would safely say it's a 90% job done.

pour a litre of water, or use a hose, down each side of black HVAC vents below the windscreen haha

not being a d*ck, but might as well do it now lol, as the weather's giving it a pre-soak :P

pour a litre of water, or use a hose, down each side of black HVAC vents below the windscreen haha

not being a d*ck, but might as well do it now lol, as the weather's giving it a pre-soak :P

I've done that multiple times prior to putting the carpet in :rolleyes: so I was happy with the results and have the balls to put the carpet back in hahaha :D

Trying to gather bits and pieces for the car these few days, at the moment looking for engine bay bonnet seal, K8 relay for the fogs, H3 bulb for one of the fogs has gone bung, passenger side mirror.

Anyone selling or knows anyone selling these please flick me a PM thanks :)

visit Ray HellBM for relay and mirror for best bet, you got the dual button fog light switch already?

Repco etc for fog light bulb and which bonnet seal? the two that goes down the side or main one up the top of bonnet?

Edited by dubman

visit Ray HellBM for relay and mirror for best bet, you got the dual button fog light switch already?

Repco etc for fog light bulb and which bonnet seal? the two that goes down the side or main one up the top of bonnet?

Yeah will get them bulbs from Repco, bonnet seals however are the ones that goes down the side.

Got the switches and all, after a few drives the relay decided to shot out as well as the passenger side fog light :|

Edited by curves.asia

Over the weekend managed to get my hands on L0WBMW's old interiors and swapped them in as well. Love the new interior, freshens up the car.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just another random update for future references sake...

- Will be sourcing some parts from fellow member JKSE i.e. the driver's door handle, the K8 relay and the passenger side mirror hopefully the logistics of that will be sorted by the end of the week hopefully...

- Going to check the dizzy cap and possibly replacing the whole thing plus the cables to get started on the internals, as far as I've checked when I first bought the car the sparks are okay...

Having busy weekends so hardly having proper time to show some love with the car -_-

Boring words-no-pictures update.

Parts from Jon arrived this week... only had time to put in the fogs relay. The lights have been playing up lately I've no idea why but probably a problem with the wiring or something... :|

Looking to re-freshen up the side mirrors with flat black or colour match it alpinewhite...