Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Project: The Unfamily Wagon

Looks like I've got some competition! Did you take the adjuster out of the rear springs? Doesn't look overly low in the rear

Looks like I've got some competition! Did you take the adjuster out of the rear springs? Doesn't look overly low in the rear

Im still well behind. Na the adjuster is still there. BC actually supply a thin rubber ring to replace the adjuster for extra low.

fronts need - camber -\\

Agreed. I picked up a treatme deal for Tyreplus in town so will see how they go. My brothers work use them so cant be that bad.

Some of you may have seen the photos from the recent Christchurch meet and unfortunately I couldn't get it ready the way I would have liked in time. For those you didn't, Atta was kind enough to sell me his precious Hartge wheels which I know he regretted instantly.

20130914_1706131_zps51992bc7.jpg

From the moment I lined them up, I knew I had to have them. Cash was exchanged, tears where shed, and then they were in the back of the wagon on the way to my place.

First thing was to strip the monster truck tyres off them and fit something smaller. Yep, 235/70/18??

20130914_1755411_zpsd5cfea61.jpg

A few tweaks and had the front sort out really quickly

20130922_135713_zps5e0088dd.jpg
20130922_1240291_zps63f60e0e.jpg
20130922_1238211_zpsd0d99b8c.jpg

Since then I've balance out the height so its even on both sides, give or take a mm, so now I'm happy with the height (I think). It's ready for a cert now so will organise that in next week so. Pics you say?

20131011_1804291_zpsf60dd406.jpg
20131011_1805101_zps68c53c2a.jpg
20131011_1804121_zps968e8287.jpg
20131011_1805511_zps8c44cf05.jpg

The ground isn't very flat outside which doesn't quite do the height justice. After the cert the wheels will come off for a refurb. I've located some centre caps as well but they are not genuine, just some that have been machined up

i have some Hartage centre caps somewhere in my pile of bits. they are for 1pc rims but probably fit 3 pc too. moving house in december will unpack boxes then and find them for you if you want

Yes absolutely. Will have to find the part number to make sure they do fit.

Its come a long way from what you started with!! Primo - well done!! ;):)

Thanks :-) I've had it for a year so its about time i did something with it

Looking good man! E36 tourings FTW!!!

Looking good man! E36 tourings FTW!!!

Cheers bro. One day it might be as cool as yours :thumb:

Wash it! :P

I get the garage back next weekend so it shall get a thorough going over before going back in along with some better photos. Cellphones pics don't quite cut it.

Took a couple of photos on the way home the other night with the sun setting in the nor'west arch. I still don't know what to do with the camera so a lot came out rubbish but these are probably the best of the worst.

DSCF1636_zps8fc0a3ba.jpg

20131018_200845_zpsf811f2da.jpg

DSCF1645_zps89ee1d4b.jpg

DSCF1640_zps676b7f64.jpg

I now have my garage back so have given it a good clean on the outside and have started on the leather. Might have to give it a splash of colour as what I thought might have been dirt, is just worn.

Love it how u just stopped in the middle of the road for pics!

The joys of living in Christchurch, half of the roads are closed and the other half are riddled with pot holes.

Thought I smelt mention of an M50 manifold swap onto an M52 , doesn't work - don't do it all the rest is good

Haha not quite. Your sense of smell is off but not by much. Not planning on messing around with minimal and arguable gains on a intake. I would like to go bigger. My 328 coupe has a m50 intake on it done by the previous owner and I have considered changing it back to sell in stock form. Whether I do or not is another story.

Looking good man. Also how did you strip all 6 studs on the front strut tops? ;)

Looking good man. Also how did you strip all 6 studs on the front strut tops? ;)

Thanks bro, and it was only 5 :P I blame brother when he replaced my shocks last year as a birthday present.

Yes and no :)

Things have slowed right down since I spilt with the ex and no longer have a garage so I have parked it up for the winter. I have however picked up a motorsport lip, mtech trim and another set of wheels which should arrive next week.

Will also tackle the roof lining and interior trim at some point over the winter too.

I have however picked up a motorsport lip, mtech trim and another set of wheels which should arrive next week.

You have good taste in wheels... What's going on this next?

And do you still have the deep dish 2-piece ACS wheels pictured early on in your thread (because I would love to get my hands on some of those!)?