Sign in to follow this  
Mungous

M3 CSL?!

De-registered, and the tow hook is fitted, may be a sad story there ...... ??

Yes one has to wonder why leave the tow hook in. Turners have this as traveled 36,180 k's car jam at 107,000 est

what does the speedo say?. It was assembled in 2003 /09 rego 2004 it still makes it a 10 year old car or so with some ? marks around it present condition. Could be like the box of chocolates syndrome.

Turners have this as traveled 36,180 k's car jam at 107,000 est. what does the speedo say?

I wouldn't trust the estimated distance travelled as the rego was cancelled back in 09 and that was the last time it was read for a WOF. Something must have happened to it for it to sit in a garage for 4 years and no one touch it.

Also has a security interest registered against it on the PPSR. You could be buying a debt worth more than the car!

This is starting to look a bit dodgy - as does the previous licence plate: M3RACR

Also has a security interest registered against it on the PPSR. You could be buying a debt worth more than the car!

This is starting to look a bit dodgy - as does the previous licence plate: M3RACR

I thought Turners guarantees clear title?

Ah so it finally came up for auction!!

The infamous Mr Brown drug lord car.

It's legit guys, been waiting to see this resurf for the last 3 years. I guess the limitation period finally ran out and the department of courts can finally sell off his assets.

Km are legit, the car is legit, probably used for quite a few high speed drug runs also haha.

Bear in mind it has sat in police impound for at least 3 years now without ever moving one bit.

Anyone sitting round with sweaty palms and their pants sticking out thinking they are going to get this car for a bargin will be bitterly disappointed.

Anyone sitting round with sweaty palms and their pants sticking out thinking they are going to get this car for a bargin will be bitterly disappointed.

Whys that ? would expect it to go for around 60k which is a bargin

Will need recomplying... had a look yesterday. Minor cosmetic damage but all in all, very nice.

Will be watching with interest that's for sure. I know quite a few people that have been waiting to see this resurface so they can buy it - but I don't see a bidding war on it personally.

I do wonder if you'd still need a special interest vehicle certificate to get this car re-registered. As it would need to go through compliance again and E46s no longer meet the emission or frontal impact rules. So that leaves Special Interest Vehicles.

If it was me I'd buy it and take it apart and sell it in pieces - you'd get more money for it that way. It's what I am intending on doing with mine when I am sick of it : )

Edited by M3_Power

[quote name='M3_Power' date='Jan 16 2013, 09:54 AM' post='474681'

If it was me I'd buy it and take it apart and sell it in pieces - you'd get more money for it that way. It's what I am intending on doing with mine when I am sick of it : )

this. is truly sad.

I understand you are correct however unless it's put back together it means one less CSL in the world.

And some muppet with a 318 has a genuine CSL boot to make his mates jealous.

Edited by M5V8

I do wonder if you'd still need a special interest vehicle certificate to get this car re-registered. As it would need to go through compliance again and E46s no longer meet the emission or frontal impact rules. So that leaves Special Interest Vehicles.

No problem re complying it, has been "legal" in NZ once before so has reg' & WoF history. Frontal impact 'law' only effects new imports (i'm 99% sure)

No problem re complying it, has been "legal" in NZ once before so has reg' & WoF history. Frontal impact 'law' only effects new imports (i'm 99% sure)

True, would be a POP to comply, would walk straight through I would expect.. so $750 + Registration and WOF costs, would be back on the road for under $1,000

Nah youre not allowed.

Cage it first .. youll probably find it will have its second wind as a track car. But some how I dont see that happening with how low Ks yours is.

Nah youre not allowed.

Cage it first .. youll probably find it will have its second wind as a track car. But some how I dont see that happening with how low Ks yours is.

hahah ... never say never : )

The thought has definitely crossed my mind more than a few times!! But with the spares I have I am probably better off building a replica (I am actually not that far from it actually lol).

[quote name='M3_Power' date='Jan 16 2013, 09:54 AM' post='474681'

this. is truly sad.

I understand you are correct however unless it's put back together it means one less CSL in the world.

And some muppet with a 318 has a genuine CSL boot to make his mates jealous.

Plenty of those already actually haha!!

Unfortunately BMW never really locked down CSL parts, so the Americans have been buying them up whenever a batch is made, resulting in genuine owners waiting up to 12 months for replacement bits.

I know of at least 3 genuinely good CSLs being wrecked for parts over in the UK ... it's starting to be a bit of a trend actually. I am also starting to see some unique parts being discontinued for production, so it'll only be a matter of time before more cars get parted out for replacements.

I was referring to the Turners estimate of between 22-25K.

See y`all there.

I thought Turners guarantees clear title?

Only where the CIN card says it has no security owing (which this one doesn't). The back of the CIN card says:

"If you buy a used motor vehicle from a motor vehicle trader and the trader does not disclose that a security interest is registered over it (see the front of this notice), then you receive the vehicle free of the security interest. Note that this protection does not apply to private sales."

Ah so it finally came up for auction!!

The infamous Mr Brown drug lord car.

It's legit guys, been waiting to see this resurf for the last 3 years. I guess the limitation period finally ran out and the department of courts can finally sell off his assets.

Km are legit, the car is legit, probably used for quite a few high speed drug runs also haha.

Bear in mind it has sat in police impound for at least 3 years now without ever moving one bit.

He used to be my sponsor, drove that car and it goes hard,

Also a current shape M3 somewhere too, i had that for a few days when it had only done 200kms, but i have a feeling he traded that in on the porsche cant remember

Edited by beemn

He used to be my sponsor, drove that car and it goes hard,

Also a current shape M3 somewhere too, i had that for a few days when it had only done 200kms, but i have a feeling he traded that in on the porsche cant remember

Edit ... Mungous beat me to it : P

Maybe this one?

http://www.turners.co.nz/Vehicles/Pages/Ca...x?RefId=1089982

I was told about 6 or 7 cars in his possession at the time?

Edited by M3_Power