Sign in to follow this  
Trobe

M3 E36 evo for sale

Hi Guys, anyone interested in this vehicle? Still unsure of my plans.

For sale

1996 BMW M3 Evo

AC Schnitzer upgrades

80,000mls (130,000km)

3.2l straight 6 (321bhp)

6 speed manual

18†mags (AC schnitzer)

Good tyres, 6-7mm tread left

Lowered sport suspension (AC Schnitzer)

AC schnitzer muffler (very nice sound)

Great to drive, handles well.

Had a full service in September 2012. Oil and filter, brake fluid, trans fluid, diff fluid, clutch fluid replaced.

Brake discs just been skimmed all round, new pads fitted.

Wof and reg till June 2013

Owners hand book and 1st aid kit still in it

Good on gas, getting between 650-700km on 60l tank of gas

History of the car:

I bought the car damaged from turners (impact right front) last year.

I have repaired the vehicle back to how it was, and it got through compliance and a repair certification in December 2012. (including a wheel alignment and on the chassi machine).

There were plenty of rumors around saying the car had been run dry etc. However this is not the case.

After repairing the damage and a frustrating hunt to find the ecu that had been taken. I have driven the car about 2000 kms without any issues. And it goes very well!! Bloody quick

Previous to me buying the car it was re-shelled. 318is body with m3 running gear all round. Whats the difference between a 318is body and a m3 body you ask? Nothing! Same part number. Only difference is the chassi number stamped on it.

*Pictures to come*

I believe this car is worth 15k. And that's what I'm wanting. But open to offers/interested in opinions on what its worth.

Cheers

post-16262-1359589707.jpg

post-16262-1359589717.jpg

post-16262-1359589723.jpg

post-16262-1359589728.jpg

post-16262-1359589734.jpg

post-16262-1359589740.jpg

post-16262-1359589751.jpg

post-16262-1359589756.jpg

post-16262-1359589761.jpg

Edited by Trobe

Any pics? From memory it's yellow right?

Good on you for being honest about it's history!

i think there is nothing much to worry about with this car from whats been described.. priced reasonably it seems but market will determine value.. if its in tidy condition and runs well what else do you expect?

good luck with sale

$15k for a previously written off e36 M3 with dodgy provenance? It'd be lucky to be worth that if it had a full service history from a dealer. I looked at this when it came up for sale last year, and the seller was highly evasive. There are a lot of differences between a 318is and an M3 - depending on which parts were damaged and not replaced with the genuine M3 articles during the reshell, it may be lacking all sorts of things. People pay a premium for an M3 because of what it is - a repowered, modified 318is will never be considered to be an M3.

But value is always determined by the market - when I was looking for an M3, I put the chassis number of this car into RealOEM and then ran a mile. I suspect that my reaction would be typical of most prospective M3 buyers. There are too many other non-reshelled M3s out there that purchasers would rather have.

Good luck.

PS it would make a great racecar!!

I cant put photos on because I'm too new I guess? Need to talk to the administrator.

Yes the car is dakar yellow. It's pretty tidy inside and out, really needs to be seen.

Thanks for the feedback so far, like I said all I'm after is offers / opinions on what its worth. There's no point me doing it all up to sell if Its not worth it.

The original VIN has been riveted on the inner guard for reference, but it needs to be looked at to get an idea on what's "real" and what's not. I cant fault it visually, all the right trims inside and out have m3 stamped on it. The only difference I can see are 17 digits on the firewall.

Yes racecar is a possibility

I guess one of the main things you would want to confirm is if its got the rear reinforcement plates above the rear subframe.

resize your pics to 800 by 600 or post them to another photo storage site and link them to here.

also i know of a genuine daker yellow nz new m3 shell

thats had a little damage but still usable and reg is on hold.

mostly bare shell

belongs to a guy i know

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

resize your pics to 800 by 600 or post them to another photo storage site and link them to here.

also i know of a genuine daker yellow nz new m3 shell

thats had a little damage but still usable and reg is on hold.

mostly bare shell

belongs to a guy i know

Thanks, that worked. Pictures up.

How much for the shell?

Plus reinforced strut towers. Part of the body.

Thanks, that worked. Pictures up.

How much for the shell?

he wants about $1500

nz new shell , evo , in dakar yellow

needs some work on the right front chasis rail etc

but reg is hold