Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

'Probably the best looking E39 540i in NZ...'

Should the body moldings be white with the car? They usually look better in black....

I'd say there are better buys out there than that one... looks like a hard life up to those KMs telling by the condition of some interior surfaces in the close up pictures. Engine cam covers look rather deteriorated too, what is up with that anyway, its it a sign of higher mileage, excessive heat or was it just bad paint from the factory?

Of course it also depends how it drives compared to other asking similar money.

I've always bought cars on condition rather than the mileage, my E36 had the highest out of the ones I test drove in 2009, yet I felt it was the best to drive and in the most well kept condition.

Edited by Michael.

Golf GTI's look good in black and white, that car does not. Eurotrash.

Engine cam covers look rather deteriorated too, what is up with that anyway, its it a sign of higher mileage, excessive heat or was it just bad paint from the factory?

usually overspray of blackner from dealers

The gold paint was sh*t and just peeled off on it's own.

It's a sign of nothing.

Hmmm japwarnutspecnothing car.

Id sell my gen NZ new motorsport with a lot more goodies and a black on black engine, new gearbox and full cooling system over haul for less than that. Engines only just hit 100ks too :D

looks crap with painted mouldings...and wood

I would be checking for Tamper Dots.

Hmmm japwarnutspecnothing car.

Id sell my gen NZ new motorsport with a lot more goodies and a black on black engine, new gearbox and full cooling system over haul for less than that. Engines only just hit 100ks too :D

This, though I do like White 5s.... Them painted mouldings.... <_<

I would be checking for Tamper Dots.

No tamper dot showing doesn't gaurantee accurate milage - it's pretty easy to get around. The tamper dot showing is more likely caused by fitting a used LCM with a non matching VIN.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-552284301.htm

Tidy yes, but best looking in NZ? Hmmmnnn... And $20K seems an awful lot even for a relatively low mileage example.

Yall are all so bashful on here, it's a beautiful example. Especially in white & I think the statement 'best looking in NZ' is very accurate for this example, price seems reasonable too.

looks crap with painted mouldings...and wood

painted moldings are a must on a vehicle that has them IMO. Black moldings look very very dated now.

painted moldings are a must on a vehicle that has them IMO. Black moldings look very very dated now.

I would thing the other way around. Painting dated moldings is just tacky and dated.

Painted moldings on a car with moldings is quite an old thing to do yes. If the car has bumper moldings I personally think it looks best left alone. Looks more factory and none messed with.

Each to their own but 5 and 7 series vehicles are not a 3 series and done come with coupe / m3 moldingless bumpers on an e39esk shapes.

Painted moldings on a car with moldings is quite an old thing to do yes. If the car has bumper moldings I personally think it looks best left alone. Looks more factory and none messed with.

Each to their own but 5 and 7 series vehicles are not a 3 series and done come with coupe / m3 moldingless bumpers on an e39esk shapes.

can you say that again in english

I've got a white E39 and really don't the colour-matched moldings.

IMO the black provides much needed contrast and adds shape to the car.

Bitch thread is bitchy. Lets bitch about a car that is for sale on the internet.

... I can contribute. At 20k, I would want a 6-Speed Manual, a LSD and 400BHP. As in a BMW M5 please.

... I can contribute. At 20k, I would want a 6-Speed Manual, a LSD and 400BHP. As in a BMW M5 please.

Yes, my point exactly.

can you say that again in english

Yea, thine Lord doth trow mouldings art from yore.

Hence forward on to yon soothsayer for to find answers to questions that have vexed ye, and tarry my ears no longer with thy bothersome questions

Posted Image

This thread hath become both vexing and perplexing. Henceforth, I shall simplify the central debate:

Do you prefer your door and bumper mouldings...

a ) Painted

b ) Unpainted

That is the question (Tristan!)

Bimmersport poll... TBH, I go both ways :ph34r: depending on the colour of the car. I can live with painted mouldings on a grey or even red/blue car, but don't dig it on light colours like white and silver.

Edited by jeffbebe

If there is sufficient remaining colour contrast, a.) painted.

However, it really depends on the car for me. E39's in general I prefer black mouldings, regardless of car colour.

Posted Image

Posted Image