Sign in to follow this  
central3

Leather refurb

My daughters grey leather was looking very used after 260kms so tried the Pelle product. $245 delivered (cleaner, conditioner and 1litre of colour). Pretty happy with the result but the proof will be in how well it lasts. The product is "latex like" and fills cracks and scratches very well but again I don’t know how well it will stand the test of time. I have ¾ of the colour left over so if anyone wants to refurb their grey leather drop me a PM

post-3258-1359794697.jpg

post-3258-1359794705.jpg

post-3258-1359794714.jpg

post-3258-1359794741.jpg

post-3258-1359794749.jpg

post-3258-1359794758.jpg

post-3258-1359794765.jpg

post-3258-1359794771.jpg

post-3258-1359794777.jpg

Great job. I'm currently refurbing and recolouring my leather (from black to cinnamon) so a bit of a major. The leather in mine was in good nick but the a few scratches, etc but will be very happy if it comes up as good as yours when I'm finished.

Wow great improvement, brush or spray on?

where did you get it from? bit on the pricey side, will put it on the birthday wishlist lol

bit on the pricey side

Agreed... Finish looks great but I was quoted $500 for a pro to restore the whole interior (door cards and F+R seats).

I'm not sure a litre would be enough (??) so $245 for a DIY job does seem pricey.

Looks good.

I'm inclined to try the "Leatherique" products. Can pick up the two main products for reasonable amount.

Even though you can see some scaring, it certainly a great improvement... I clean my leather about every 2 months to keep it looking, smelling and feeling good... Well done my good man...

Wow great improvement, brush or spray on?

Rubbed in with a piece of towelling cloth. The product supplier said to use this method and spray the final coat if I thought it was needed. I didn't, the finish was streak free. If this was my car rathere than my daughters I may have made the extra effort.

where did you get it from? bit on the pricey side, will put it on the birthday wishlist lol

I got it from these guys - They recommended a litre but I could have gotten away with a 250mls pottle. I also brought a cleaner which I didn't need/use.

To the OP... Dredging this up but I'm going to do this soon on the 540i I've just picked up. Seats are in good shape but leather's well worn in some places. Do you think it would be possible to do it with the seats in the car (garage space... Or not having a one, is an issue for me)?

Imagine Tristan might be interested in the how to as well for his M3 - though he might need a different product to change colour.

Thanks for bumping this up, Julian. Appreciate the effort you made :)

Edited by Tristan

Yes - completely ok I reckon doing this with the seats in place - cover carpets and consoles (etc) as the cleaning process is a bit messy but the dye application is not. I would recommend cleaning with a Lux flakes solution then a wipe down with meths. If there are any rough patches a light rub with 1200 grit sandpaper is good (steer clear of the stiching). After this 2-3 light coats of dye will get you there - very rewarding.

Brilliant, thanks mate. Tristan, could be keen to do a bulk buy on this stuff and do both our cars at the same time (over a box of beers).