Sign in to follow this  
euroriffic

97 M3 EVO tidy up

Finally fitted the style 5s!!! Now it needs less hight :) will get some pics in the weekend

Cheers Andrew.

I've been busy the last few days.

Decided the headlights needed a good clean so stripped them down completely, cleaned them all up then re siliconed the lenses back in and reassembled this arvo. Fitted hids with shields and got the new indicator to fit right.

Also tried to fix the illuminated gearknob but was unsuccessful so brought a new led, resistor and a hot glue gun to remake it.

Was sick of not being Able to see at night when reversing so cleaned the red tint off the reverse lights.

Also fitted some sweet puddle lights in the door cards and in the process found the last person to pull them off superglued 3 of the drivers door clips in so was a sh*t to get off and pulled the top and end plastic backers off both sides so had to reglue them on. Door cards sit way better now and don't squeak when opening/closing the doors now which is a bonus! Hoping to get gearknob done tomorrow so will get afew pics up. Think that's it....

after removing the rear Mpower badge, gave her a good clean, and sacrificing my toothbrush for clean wheels :D, then drying with the kartcher window vac- works amaizingly!- started taking afew pics then started to rain so put her back inside so couldn't get any interior pics. will try next week and hopefully would of had a chance to re-illuminate the gearknob and give the inside a much deserved clean and hopefully give the outside a claybar, polish and wax.

heres some quick pics with the stye 5's and of my puddle lights

post-2170-0-98160200-1379905724_thumb.jp

post-15489-0-59239000-1379857432.jpg

post-15489-0-89791700-1379857422.jpg

Edited by euroriffic

Cheers Matthew, hoping to have my Schmiedmann goodies in a months time to help tidy up the rest of the outside

Cheers Andrew, you did do all the hard work tho :)

Tonight I managed to re-illuminate the gearknob so that's back in the car working again :D also replaced outer door handle rubbers and pulled off all the black bumper trims and door mouldings and gave them a coat of paint so they're back to black again. Should have them all fitted up again tomorrow if I don't get stuck into fixing an abs fault in a Ve commie.

pulled off all the black bumper trims and door mouldings and gave them a coat of paint so they're back to black again.

Just out of interest, what kind of paint did you use?

Think it was dupoint bumper paint from supercheep, has a built it primer so it sticks to the plastic properly. Will take some pics tonight if i get a chance.

Finally got a chance to upload some pics of the last bits of progress. also forgot to take before pics of the trim, ohwell.

post-4601-0-49738300-1379923234_thumb.jp

Think I need new outer glass for the lights, are pretty stonechipped

post-4601-0-80143900-1379923244_thumb.jp

post-4601-0-09573200-1379923271_thumb.jp

post-4601-0-76881700-1379923296_thumb.jp

post-4601-0-61207700-1379923306_thumb.jp

post-4601-0-89386400-1379923325_thumb.jp

post-4601-0-27754600-1379923347_thumb.jp

post-4601-0-14242400-1379923379_thumb.jp

post-8718-0-46599900-1379928505.jpgpost-8718-0-86798800-1379928513.jpg

Yum Minties. Looking good, I like how you tackling everything in the correct order. Engine and maintenance followed by cosmetic stuff. Do you have much else on the list?

It is a nice easy job and makes it look so much tidier.

need to update my list on the OP...

the Ebay bug has bit again... rear window spoiler, clutch stop, BBS centre caps, centre cap removal spanner, and the most important....a wheel whore sticker :)

the Ebay bug has bit again... rear window spoiler, clutch stop, BBS centre caps, centre cap removal spanner, and the most important....a wheel whore sticker :)

What kinda window spoiler are you going with? Im debating with that route and no spoiler or getting an LTW (rep) wing haha! Was it hard to pull off the door trims/easy to break clips? Looking good bro! Makes me wanna get onto mine!

• Like 1

Looks great! Think I'll do that with my bumper trim.... Eventually!

What kinda window spoiler are you going with? Im debating with that route and no spoiler or getting an LTW (rep) wing haha! Was it hard to pull off the door trims/easy to break clips? Looking good bro! Makes me wanna get onto mine!

Yea Ive been pretty slack lately so thought I better be productive so I have a nice shiny car(s) for when the good weather comes along.

Trim came off pretty easily, I slid them forward to release the very front clip which is different from the rest and "pops" in instead of the others that sit in the wee rubber doofeys, and then roll the trim upwards which pops the others out. didn't damage any of the clips doing it that way.

this is the spoiler Im getting, cheap and cheerfull haha!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=330954630305

pretty good deal really, also does them painted for about 100, and for abit more does a combo with the wee boot lips too. the LTW would be pretty cool...

gaiter looking good saw yours and thought f**k knew i should of gone suede, looking tidy though personally prefer the type 3's but still loving dakar yellow m3's

Posted Image

Edited by Mr2low

cheers Jamie, Ive also got the boots in leather, couldn't make my mind up so got both haha! probably put the leathers in the touring since theyre abit doggy.

after taking it out for a drive yesterday there seems to be afew suspension knocks and noises coming from both ends which im dreading is shocks as theyre not ment to be overly old and have just done rear top mounts with heavy duty ones so cant be them. I also think the front right wheel bearing is going as there seems to be movement in it when twisted left to right :(

hey where did you get the suede gear boot. looks really

Cheers, just off Ebay from topgaiters.

fitted the bbs centre caps and go fast sticker

post-5102-0-78804600-1380345556.jpg

post-5102-0-39325500-1380345571.jpg

post-5102-0-81680100-1380345581.jpg