Sign in to follow this  
euroriffic

97 M3 EVO tidy up

Liking the style 5s on it! More pics please!

Cheers boys, hopefully I'l get some good pics done soon.

had a box of all the bushes for the rear arms show up yesterday so might make a start in the weekend pulling everything out to get them all done. might get the arms and bits painted while im at it too.

might do vanos rebuild while its out of action, and think I need to change my diff oil...making a horrible noise when turning at half lock while going slow.

Just all factory stuff, but still in two minds about the rtab. Have a set of nolethane for them aswell I might put in first as they don't need presse in so easy to swap out for rubber ones.

Got bored last night so replaced the rack ends and pulled out the rear subframe to replace bushes and give it a clean up. Will put some picks up later, to busy sitting in the sun drinking piss haha

Got bored last night so replaced the rack ends and pulled out the rear subframe to replace bushes and give it a clean up. Will put some picks up later, to busy sitting in the sun drinking piss haha

Mmm good move!

I need to pull my rear subframe out eventually. Put in a refurbished unit with some upgrades.. but $$$.. I also need those M3 subframe mount reinforcement plates welded in place. ughh..

Gave it a water blast Saturday to clean most the grime up, will pull it all to bits tonight to take to pro coat to have it all blasted and powder coated, or might just paint diff and sway bar and clean/ polish diff cover and mount. See how things look once it's all apart.

Was thinking about putting the trailing arm pocket reinforncement plates in while it's all out but probably abit overkill. And I don't wanna moleste it too much, might be worth something one day :P

Was thinking about putting the trailing arm pocket reinforncement plates in while it's all out but probably abit overkill. And I don't wanna moleste it too much, might be worth something one day :P

haha yeah, I think that upgrade would only be needed if your going to track it often and hard... if it was a targa car then definitely.

But for a fun road car with the odd track day? Hmmm.

Right, so pulled everything apart and had a good look at it all and discovered why I was getting a lot of noises coming from the rear end.

both rtab's were rooted, as were the top and bottom arm outter ball joints. one of the bottom arms were so bad it had bent the bolt going through it and couldn't get it out to get the arm off so had to cut the bolt off.

also noticed the subframe bushes are starting to show signs of cracking, as are all the diffs ones so will need to order them, and might as well get new sway bar links while Im at it, and diff seals so it doesn't leak over all my nice newly painted rear end :D

post-46644-0-31156300-1381317587_thumb.j

post-46644-0-95066300-1381317592_thumb.j

post-46644-0-52607800-1381317598_thumb.j

post-16586-0-41281600-1381350845.png

post-16586-0-07522500-1381351597_thumb.j

post-6165-0-95087900-1381350935_thumb.jp

post-3185-0-00672000-1381362929_thumb.jp

I like your bolt/nut organiser B)

Haha cheers, not really something I wanna forget where they go and might be a while before it's all cleaned and ready to refit so better play it safe :)

Haha cheers.

Just need to finalise order with Paul at Miland tomorrow then should have all other parts on the way. FYI to do all this is about $1200 in parts if anyone is considering it.

also my box from schmiedmann is in the country, had to pay duty on it today :(

and decided its too much hassle/un-needed costs to strip and power coat everything since its only really the very bottom of diff carrier that's stone chipped so got some chassis paint and bits to tidy it all up.

TBC...

Everythings all painted ready for the finally detailing Tomorrow. Will take afew pics once it's all done.

Haha cheers.

Just need to finalise order with Paul at Miland tomorrow then should have all other parts on the way. FYI to do all this is about $1200 in parts if anyone is considering it.

also my box from schmiedmann is in the country, had to pay duty on it today :(

and decided its too much hassle/un-needed costs to strip and power coat everything since its only really the very bottom of diff carrier that's stone chipped so got some chassis paint and bits to tidy it all up.

TBC...

Yeah man duty cost sucks big time, I payed over $400 in duty for my clutch which pissed me off lol :)

Looking fwd to seeing your pix bro !

Man! 400 for duty!! That's ruff.

So I got a little side tracked this weekend as my box from Schmiedmann showed up on Friday so decided to fit all that instead. but managed to get a wee bit done late this arvo after having a debacle fitting some outdoor speakers on my deck... Ended up smashing the old cement board, so had cut a section out and replace it then bog the join and holes etc. Big pain in the ass but ohwell, done for now.

Anyway! Got the rear window Rubber trim replaced as well as both the side vent windows main seal, inner seal and the lower black strips. Looks much better, even it was a PITA to fit, and then found the clips for the rear panel were all broken, so hoping to find some tomorrow so I can get the rest of the interior back together. Also put new roundels on and GT front splitters so she's Lookin good! Just needs a good clean/claybar/polish/wax then be all sorted for the autospectacular next month :D

Did the rear window rubber take ages to do? Let me know if there are any tricks etc! I've got mine.. Now to find time to do it!

Cheers guys, will hopefully finish off painting tonight And put up afew pics.

And the rear window was abit of bitch to get the main one centered and the top corners sitting in right. You need to sort of roll it into place then use a big flat screw driver to give it a good push into place all the way along it.

So I've been pretty busy not working on this the last two weeks but managed to get some time on Saturday and tonight making up some bits and getting most of the bushings changed. Only have 3 of the balljoints on the rear arms to do and then just waiting for the last bits to arrive from Milland then can do the subframe bushes and get it all back together again and in the car.

Got the last balljoints done tonight and my other bits from Milland arrived today so will hopefully get subframe and front diff mount done so be all ready to start putting back together :D