Sign in to follow this  
328bema

700hp+ "FrankensteiN M50B28 Turbo project

First picture is a "joke" thats not my piece of crap haha, the 1 below is my project car i'm building for F/I

post-3986-1361050526.jpeg

post-3986-1361055913.jpg

Edited by 328 ///Mpower

One of the best e36 colours IMHO. Good base for a project!

Updates guys,

Percision 6265 turbo,

44mm Tial wastegate,

Motor is out !!

I will be using a 6speed evo tranny with evo rear end, all reinforced to the max.

I need to fit my crap mock up m52 motor with 6spd trans to get all turbo manifold, I/C piping and down pipe fabricated.

post-3986-1361661095.jpg

post-3986-1361661121.jpg

post-3986-1361661297.jpg

Edited by 328 ///Mpower

Updates guys,

Percision 6265 turbo,

44mm Tial wastegate,

Motor is out !!

I will be using a 6speed evo tranny with evo rear end, all reinforced to the max.

I need to fit my crap mock up m52 motor with 6spd trans to get all turbo manifold, I/C piping and down pipe fabricated.

Fuel pumps Walbro 255 x2 ,

I will run 2x 255 walro's mated together !!!

135mm H-Beam rods with ARP 2000 bolts

post-3986-1361666019.jpg

post-3986-1361668041.jpg

post-3986-1361668057.jpg

Edited by 328 ///Mpower

Just scored me a engine stand from repco for 100 bucks, pulling apart my 2.8 for the crank, motor has only 93,000kms on it !

post-3986-1361852185.jpg

Just scored me a engine stand from repco for 100 bucks, pulling apart my 2.8 for the crank, motor has only 93,000kms on it !

would take that back to the shop... they are sh*t chinese quality, only good for 6 months and throw away. only thing i have had in that brand that lasts longer than that is my dolly but thats probably more because i hardly use it. do have to retighten the bolts everytime i do though. gone through two jacks (took first one back replaced it and the second one broke too, on my third now. replaced under warrenty so i dont have a choice now) and a charger cooked one of my batteries. and few other bits and pieces the same story.

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

would take that back to the shop... they are sh*t chinese quality, only good for 6 months and throw away. only thing i have had in that brand that lasts longer than that is my dolly but thats probably more because i hardly use it. do have to retighten the bolts everytime i do though. gone through two jacks (took first one back replaced it and the second one broke too) and a few other bits and pieces

sh*t that sucks thanks for letting me know but i guess thats why it was cheap, this is a one off build so I will just use it, if it f@cks up i will get something else haha

sh*t that sucks thanks for letting me know but i guess thats why it was cheap, this is a one off build so I will just use it, if it f@cks up i will get something else haha

as long as it doesnt drop your engine :o

3" Electric exhaust cut-out haha im not sure if this is legal but oh well more sound the better !

post-3986-1361854846.jpg

post-3986-1361854860.jpg

Keep the pictures and updates rolling in. The key to internet stardom :D

good stuff

Actually, question: where did you get that valve / actuator ? i need something like this for another project im working on.

Keep the pictures and updates rolling in. The key to internet stardom :D

good stuff

Thanks man will do :)

Head is off, looks pretty good, engine cylinder walls are in good shape you can see the cross hatching. Time to assemble that cheap ass engine stand and get this chunk of alloy fliped to pull out the much needed 2.8L forged crank !

post-3986-1361858532.jpg

post-3986-1361858544.jpg

post-3986-1361858566.jpg

post-3986-1361858577.jpg

not street legal LVVTA dont think there fun like we do blame the fun police

i wouldnt be using the ally block if your going for big power they pull head studs under high load and the bores distort

Haha yeah true that, and Im just using crank from this engine, will be using a m50 cast iron block :)

Haha yeah true that, and Im just using crank from this engine, will be using a m50 cast iron block :)

A heads up when looking to get the m50 block if you havnt already got it, there are ones with oil squirters that spray the underside of the pistons, some m50 blocks don't come with these, not sure what ones do and don't.

Edited by Garett