Sign in to follow this  
328bema

700hp+ "FrankensteiN M50B28 Turbo project

Haha awesome, your going to have so much fun with this build :)

Haha awesome, your going to have so much fun with this build :)

Haha yes it should be fun alright, i hope to have it on the road for xmas fingers crossed :)

Okay just picked up my rear subframe from the sand blasters today,

shhyt it looked so different before, I am happy with the job

I will get new bushings later when its powder coated

post-3986-1362715751.jpg

post-3986-1362715764.jpg

post-3986-1362715775.jpg

Are powerflex bushings any good???? I want to stiffen up the rear end and need some advise guys

Yes power flex bushes are good, if I were you I'd also look into AKG bushes.

Keep it in a dry location or get it painted/coated ASAP. Surface rust takes only a few days to sink in.

Yes power flex bushes are good, if I were you I'd also look into AKG bushes.

Thanks for that bro I will look into them forsure

Keep it in a dry location or get it painted/coated ASAP. Surface rust takes only a few days to sink in.

Will do man I will take it straight down to the powder coating dudes on monday

I've got purple powerflex bushes in my e36. After reading a few threads online about the washers underneath failing I did some preventative maintenance and went for thicker washers and longer bolts in the front. I think there is some info early in my build thread.

If I were to do it again i'd try another brand or go for the black ones (or be a real man and solid mount it). They work fine now but it's alot of mucking around for a not so cheap product.

Are you getting new pistons and rods? what brand and compression ratio

3" Electric exhaust cut-out haha im not sure if this is legal but oh well more sound the better !

Ohhh want! where did you buy this man also how fast can it go from closed to open?

Id love to use one of these to open automatically with a adjustable shift light controller at say 5000rpm Ferrari uses a very similar system on there cars

Edited by btccm3

+1 for the AKG bushes, they are wicked.

Looking good! Nice to watch someone else spending all their $, so I don't have to.

Now, onto more important things... How many bottles of Grange have you been through, and how much is left? :wub:

Looking good! Nice to watch someone else spending all their $, so I don't have to.

Now, onto more important things... How many bottles of Grange have you been through, and how much is left? :wub:

Hahaha lets just say ive had a few and im running out, cant afford to buy anymore cause this project consumes 99.99% of my income haha

Silly person like myself has got to entertain the bimmersport dudes :)

Today I started sanding this piece, you notice the casting marks in the 2nd picture, these I will go old school and sand them out by hand. I managed to sand out some of the casting imperfections as you can see the surface is alot smoother. I will get a mirror finish when complete. Just pissing around with cosmetics while I await the other parts

post-3986-1363000809.jpg

post-3986-1363000854.jpg

post-3986-1363000874.jpg

Some more parts to get sand blasted, need to get all the bushings out, they are crap, damn new bushings all round this is going to cost me an arm & a leg but hey there is no turning back now! Just ordered 85mm wiseco custom pistons and over sized arp head studs, should take a few weeks to get here. Now my gf is complaining about it, I need to choose between her and this build hmmmmmm????

post-3986-1363160879.jpg

post-3986-1363160892.jpg

post-3986-1363160901.jpg

pictures of girlfriend...

Some sexual frustration would really help speed up the project

Hey guys I have alot of updates and photos to share but I cant upload any pictures? This is what it says:

Warning: date_default_timezone_get(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Pacific/Auckland' for 'NZST/12.0/no DST' instead in /srv/bimmersport.co.nz/bimmersport.co.nz/www/htdocs/forums/init.php on line 269Select a file Attachment space used 4.98MB of Unlimited

Any help would be great guys :)

It works :) thanks bro and about the cat I just needed a to test it out to see if it works lol

Hey guys here are afew pictures of the rear sub frame, arms and stuff, all powder coated charcoal metallic,

Decided to go with Ruff nolathane bushes, still got to get my hands on camber arms, sort bearings, big brake rotors/calipers and that.

I will be scrapping the evo drive shaft and make something more bullet proof :)