Sign in to follow this  
328bema

700hp+ "FrankensteiN M50B28 Turbo project

its a shame it all gets hindin and you cant show it off

i just matte black everything lol

blends in with the oil leaks

i just matte black everything lol

blends in with the oil leaks

Haha yeah that is the way to go, I was going to go with a matt black finish but decided to be abit fancy lol

No its not a cake !

The trouble I had to go through just to get this damn thing.

This is a UUC feramic twin disk clutch setup. Will hold over 1000 +hp if we decide to go there later on Gods will.

post-279-0-54525300-1381548795_thumb.jpg

post-15698-0-96945700-1381553078.jpg

Edited by King Arthur

That clutch looks like the business! Nice

So smacked this up on the weekend...

Its a e36 heat shield used to replicate drivers side in engine bay so when it comes to making the turbo manifold, alot less hassle when removing this that, pulling off this that. Get the mock up right and she should be sweet.

I saw how Garett had made his heat shield for his e36 so the idea stemmed from him, so thanks Garett you the man !

post-15698-0-73356900-1381554309_thumb.j

Edited by King Arthur

So that's the duty killing clutch! Should do the job!

What are your thoughts on being abit different and mounting the motor 90º custom sump, engine/trans mounts shifter linkage etc ????

Edited by King Arthur

What are your thoughts on being abit different and mounting the motor 90º custom sump, engine/trans mounts shifter linkage etc ????

Like Crunchcy has in his E34.....

I just finished tilting the engine and trans afew degrees so the down pipe has plenty of room. I now have about 5 inches of clearance. Crunchy had said something about tilting the motor afew degrees to make it easier. It was easy as! just measuring and making afew little bits. No real major mods needed and shifting position is like stock.

I will get time to properly work on the car around may I have been caught up with work.

Have a few other things I have been doing. I have made the vanos intake cam work on the exhaust side for better lift and it retains vanos operation but that wont be used for this motor but instead on a alloy m52 block I built running low comp and all stock parts. Should run a safe 450-500 at rear wheels.

Will post some pictures of that stuff when I get a chance. Hope everybody is well and thanks for having a scroll

Cheers all :)

post-3986-0-97063500-1391850677.jpg

post-3986-0-08771600-1391850713.jpg

post-3986-0-08561400-1391850838.jpg

post-3986-0-66283400-1391850918.jpg

post-3986-0-81272900-1391850949.jpg

post-3986-0-94626200-1391850992.jpg

Awesome build man, going to be one hell of a weapon when its complete!

Agreed, cant wait to see this running :)

Cheers guys yes I cant wait aswell, I am sick of driving around in a small honda fit lol. I hope to have it running in June if not July. :)

Just added afew more degrees upright now I have 9 inches of clearance! :) here is a picture with a 4" pipe running through just to give you an idea of how simple it is going to be getting that down pipe through :)

post-3986-0-62287500-1391914909.jpg

Does putting the engine on an angle have any negative effects? Especially with oil flow? Looks mean though, add me to to the list of people keen to see it running

Edited by Gaz

Does putting the engine on an angle have any negative effects? Especially with oil flow? Looks mean though, add me to to the list of people keen to see it running

small amount doesnt hurt

ive done mine alot more than you see here and redesigned the sump, the windage and oil pickup in the M50 is pretty rubbish the pickup sits 45mm from the bottom thats where the mess finishes and the tube starts ideal is 10mm off the bottom so i cut mine off and re fab the whole sump etc