Sign in to follow this  
Lucan

FS: 1987 M325i

Trademe Link

Long Story short, VTNZ, due to doing a thorough pink sticker check, has found lots of dodgy repair work around the car done by the previous owner, who was apparently a member on here so get in touch if you see this mate.

The whole stories on trademe, I'm super pissed and will part out if no ones willing to take the car off me.

<_<

post-2618-1361314030.jpeg

Can you provide any photos of what the major issues are? Your potential buyer will want to see for themselves the damage and estimate the cost involved to repair. Just a thought after looking at your TM listing.

Was stickered for being too low.

And yea was thinking about getting some additional photos of the major issues.

Will get round to that, only have my phone to take pics at the moment though

I realize the price is a bit high for a near write off, but this is trademe after all and I'm hopeful haha

End of the day the damage is repairable, its just whether someones willing to pay for the repair I guess.

A repair cert is not that expensive, I have just had one done, was $250.00. The other repairs seem quite straight forward.

What's the diff between a sunroof and a moonroof...?

Edit: nvm quick google gave me the answer.

Edited by QUBE

A repair cert is not that expensive, I have just had one done, was $250.00. The other repairs seem quite straight forward.

Where'd you get that done? The parcel tray will still need work and as its structural..... :mellow:

nothing new plates and tags wont fix.

joking aside, its a real shame, but think your fair on your price houndstooth interior wheels and kit all worth a bit, the rest not so much.

I'm sorry to hear about this Lucan, it looked in good condition when I saw it!

I hope there will be a good outcome to this for you!

Where'd you get that done? The parcel tray will still need work and as its structural..... :mellow:

I am based in South Auckland and have been using Brians Auto Center in Manukau for all my repairs, Daniel, the guy that runs the show is a car nut (performance cars, rally cars etc) and knows all the right people when it comes to dealing with this sort of thing, there are a lot of Nazi's out there to avoid.

If your out that way drop in an run past him what needs doing, he will be able to help you figure the best solution to get it back on the road, you may be able to have it retested somewhere else.

If it were a Facelift I would be tempted to buy it and resurrect it myself!

Bellicose, where you at ... another rescue for you.

Graham, stop mincing around and just get a pre-fl.

I am keen on a few parts to help save my M325.

So if you do part it send me a PM. Mine is pretty sad at the moment.

Sounds similar to what I went through getting mine recomplied. Old front end repairs to my car were signed off easily and only needed to be re undersealed to keep the cert engineer happy, to get the rear parcel shelf signed off repair plates had to be fabricated to replace the steel that was cut out to fit 6x9s. This was expensive but not expensive enough to write an m325 like yours. I'm guessing you have the same issue? Seems to be a common thing with e30s. In all honesty it's an easy repair that could be done by anyone with reasonable welding skills, if I had more spare time up my sleeve I wouldn't have thought twice about doing the work myself. I took the lazy/expensive option and dumped mine at a panel shop who deals with a repair certifyer regularly and told them to call me when it was certified.

Pm me if you want to know anything else

What suspension was it running,

That made it "too Low"

How did you repair the parcel shelf to get the cert?

Hey Lucan Sorry to hear man it was a pretty cool car. If you part I could be keen on the interior and spoiler