Sign in to follow this  
JayCee

1990 SA 325i

House > cars

That's why my cars have been neglected as of late. House reno's emptying the car fund lol

Edited by Lucan

House > cars

That's why my cars have been neglected as of late. House reno's emptying the car fund lol

Well if you need a plumber ;) haha

Would love to blow a sh*t load of cash on this like the ones you see on youtube and that but il save it till i win lotto several times :P

Woo! So today i recieved a text from someone that wants to buy my coupe standard for $2000 hehehe more money to throw onto this project, Manual conversion or getting tyres on the rims to fit them? Decisions decisions. Will upload a pic of it before it goes, Hopefully this isnt a time waster though, shouldnt really get my hopes up, but seems genuine.

So the "father in law" - as i see him, haha,

Has told me to hurry and get my rims over so he can chuck them in the ute tray and paint them and we can sort out costs later :D so will need to do that soon. So it looks like things are happening, a good thread has a lot of pics and so far progression is slow.

Licence back in May so im looking foward to driving this car for the first time!

I really want to find some black leather recaros ! If anyone has any? Holla at me.

Enough for now, stay tuned

Edited by JayCeeE30

Hey bimmersporters,

Have some piccys to upload here.

Today i resprayed the grills with duplicolour bumpercoat, came out mint.

Attatched the german flag badge.

Attatched my is lip :D !

Have the lower plastic panel which goes on the middle of the lower apron, thanks to ray for the deal.

I read Marks 2009 post on changing obc bar and got it working, picked up of ebay for 30 bucks incl shipping and took 2 weeks max to arrive.

I changed the ariel to a non broken one.

I checked my diff, it has a 4.1 open :( no lsd like my old 325i so il be getting a 4.1 lsd from ebay :) since gramps going to tue states soon he can pack mule it home for me hehe.

I ordered a black kidney grille off ebay for 40 so ive left the chrome one unpainted. I accidently ordered 3 so if anyone wants one i can sell when it arrives.

I took an engine bay photo for you guys to check out, has a new alloy radiator,

Will be doing the old powder coat black rocker cover and intake manifolds and file the bmw detailings

Took a photo of my glovebox, i have an e36 leather bmw folder and put my e30 owners manual and service booklet inside, I like the bmw torch i found in there, havnt seen that on any of my last 5 e30s until now

Selling coupe next friday! I broke the push to start button so it needs to be hardwired back to ignition - starter.

Thats all for now guys.

Hope you enjoyed :)

Until next time

post-7153-1363998631.jpg

post-7153-1363998641.jpg

post-7153-1363998657.jpg

post-7153-1363998672.jpg

post-7153-1363998683.jpg

post-7153-1363998691.jpg

post-7153-1363998705.jpg

Not much of an update.

Person mucked me round for the coupe so no moolah to blow :(

I have replaced the chrome kidney grille with a black one, i think it looks nicer,

Got a battery sorted finally, lost the lower grille cover somehow so back to square one, will see ray for another one :P

Mums borrowing the bm until i get my licence back in may.

Not long to go now , hope everyone had a good easter weekend!

post-7153-1364794477.jpg

So tonight rah came around to have a look at my 318i coupe.

Its a bit rough but in the end he accepted it as a trade for a getrag 260 manual conversion

Will get that this weekend maybe and my plans are to clean it up,

Paint it and replace clutch if i can snag it for a good price.

The rims are forever being put on hold longer and longer.

Would be good to manual convert first though.

Just need to replace a rear wheel bearing and then i will try my luck at a vtnz testing station.

This is either going to brake my bank or give me an ease of mind. It is an e30 though, predictions are a bit fuzzy.

Car seems to run fine and looks like a nice standard car with the towbar, roof racks and clean bottlecaps on original bmw suspension so they shouldnt get too picky. Maybe for the next wof when it is lower and has 9" rims all round with stretch tyres /:

Will post progression pics up of the gbox when i get round to working on it.

Thanks to hellboy for agreeing to do the conversion for me for a nice sum :)

post-7153-1364963424.jpg

Edited by JayCeeE30

GL with the manual conversion mate I will be keen to hear your experience about it, especially the auto vs 5-speed comparsion once it is done. Contemplating a conversion myself.

GL with the manual conversion mate I will be keen to hear your experience about it, especially the auto vs 5-speed comparsion once it is done. Contemplating a conversion myself.

Got my 325i last year converted before i sold it. With a lsd in it man it was awesome. That car drove nice amd sounded sweet. They pack a sh*t load of power. Id reccomend it bro. And also your grille should be at mine sometime soon hopefully this week. Il get the conversion done after its all paintes and that but keep an eye out in the next month or two :)

Wish i had a 325i LSD :( haha

Gotta hate those Unpredictable Open Diffs lol

I'm just going to go out on a limb here & say IMO it looked better with the original grille rather than the black. ^_^

I'm just going to go out on a limb here & say IMO it looked better with the original grille rather than the black. ^_^

Dont worry, im suprised it mever got picked up earlier :P

But that is why i bought a black grille, so i could swap back if nescary :)

Even my 3.64 lsd ran nicer than my 4.1 open. I Miss it haha but hopefully score the 4.1 lsd this year

Even my 3.64 lsd ran nicer than my 4.1 open. I Miss it haha but hopefully score the 4.1 lsd this year

i have a 3.91 medium case lsd for sale

also a 3.25 lsd

$850

i have a 3.91 medium case lsd for sale

also a 3.25 lsd

$850

Will keep in mind brent. Can score a 4.1 lsd medium case for $450 and get grandad to bring back from america. If that fails i will get back to you mate :)

Found some tyres for my rims!

Kingstar 205/45/16r

Very good price on these :)

Will get them stretched on possibly this coming weekend.

Then will sort paint after.

I managed to pickup most of my manual conversion.

Will need to go back and pick up flywheel and pedal box and a few other little bits.

Looks in allgood condition apart from a little rubber bush needing to be replaced. Looks like itl be a mission to degrease it but its something i want to do so it looks nice from the undercarriage.

This wont be going in for about 2 months. And some more bloody bills to pay this week so it will slow progression down even more :(

I also had a talk to fadi at mts in wairau about springs, looks like im going for the compressed springs and shortened shocks until i can get adjusties. Also need 5mm spacers and hubcentric locator rings so that everything goes smoothly.

need to win lotto to speed up this project :P

post-7153-1365221334.jpg

Kingstar 205/45/16r

do you like going backwards into hedges

no grip kingstars

Kingstar 205/45/16r

do you like going backwards into hedges

no grip kingstars

Haha omg are you serious?

Theyre real cheapies because im not keen to fork out 800 on falkens until the cars done haha just want the rims on the thing

My wagon used to be a 520i auto, got that bad boy side ways on a few occasions unintentionally on Kingstars, and spun it out at one stage (mind you shouldn't have been doing what i was doing...). honestly the worst tyres i have ever had. have Potenzas now. well. i dont need to say any more.

Even the Triangle tyres on my Turbo Volvo were better than those Kingstars.

Id rather be forking out $800 on new tyres than using it to replacing fenders/lights/writing car off

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

My wagon used to be a 520i auto, got that bad boy side ways on a few occasions unintentionally on Kingstars, and spun it out at one stage (mind you shouldn't have been doing what i was doing...). honestly the worst tyres i have ever had. have Potenzas now. well. i dont need to say any more.

Even the Triangle tyres on my Turbo Volvo were better than those Kingstars.

Id rather be forking out $800 on new tyres than using it to replacing fenders/lights/writing car off

Mannn thats depressing haha i want them because i can pickup a set for $200 just so i can get the damn things out my bedroom cupboard haha, just want them on the car and then change tyres later, and paint them later.

So you think its not worth it?

Mannn thats depressing haha i want them because i can pickup a set for $200 just so i can get the damn things out my bedroom cupboard haha, just want them on the car and then change tyres later, and paint them later.

So you think its not worth it?

i wouldn't put them on even if they are free.

get some entry level dunlops or something if you want cheap and new. just avoid these shitty chinese ones.

or if you want real cheap why not buy some second hand ones off Brent or Ray im sure they will be able to supply

I got new Hankook Ventus V8 RS for about $150 each, but that was the cheapest tyre I could find that wasn't going to be dangerous.

Usually I go for RE002 Potenza or S03 etc.

My mechanic had this customer the other day that came in with a 2004 STI WRX which had worn OE Potenza RE050 tyres on it, the customer wanted Kingstars, my mechanic tried to talk him out of it, but it made no difference, he drove away with 4 new Kingstars and my mechanic couldn't believe someone would put such sh*t on a 300hp car

Edited by Charles32

+1 on what andys saying, had them on my old silvia and well...... they got no grip at all... <_<

Try find some 2nd had ones from your local tire shop/s if there just for a short time.

+1 on what andys saying, had them on my old silvia and well...... they got no grip at all... <_<

isnt that what you Silvia types want???? ;)

isnt that what you Silvia types want???? ;)

Hahaha thats so true. Well alright i think ive heard enough guys, i will just be paitient, dont want to have to have this project thread ending up with the last picture wrapped around a pole. Bimmersport comunity is awesome :)

Now how bout my nifty 5spd conversion ;)