Sign in to follow this  
JayCee

1990 SA 325i

Do it with a hoist! so much easier :lol: . And also take the engine out at the same time and give it a good clean/de-grease, replace and parts/hoses that need doing as its so much easier with the engine out...

Getting sam from hell bm to do it.

I assume he will do it on hoist without having to remove engine as im sure thats what happened last year when i had a 325i converted

I will most probably be doing a minor rebuild and stroker next year and cambelts recently been done and cooling system overhauled.

Hello guys,

Decided to do something productive on my sunday.

SHADOWLINING

I used 3m matt black vinyl wrap which i got off trademe.

Wasnt as difficult as i thought it would be and for my first time i think i did a rather okay job of it.

I bought a euro licence plate filler and put that on.

I also replaced my fog lights with new bulbs.

If anyone want to buy some 3m wrap i have 1 brand new roll left.

I also have one black grille for e30 for sale if anyones interested.

Not sure weather i want racks on or off.

Window tints are booked for 3rd of May

I need to take things step by step so that progression can be made.

There are so many things i want to do but im not really focusing on what i need to do first.

I think next week i will be getting a sump guard so that i dont bottom out my sump when i lower the car eventually.

After that i think i will be building the 4.1 lsd

Will be getting some gaiters for my handbrake and when i do the manual conversion.

Then after little stuff i have to nail one thing at a time.

Suspension, rims painted and wrapped in rubber, manual conversion, rust cut out and colour code bumpers,

And then little things like euro tip exhaust, illuminated shift knob, ecu chip and tune etc...

post-7153-1365916033.jpg

post-7153-1365916066.jpg

post-7153-1365916080.jpg

post-7153-1365916097.jpg

post-7153-1365916114.jpg

post-7153-1365916124.jpg

Going up north this weekend,

So will be doing a few lil things the following weekend.

Have ordered leather handbrake gaiters and one for the shifter when i finally get it installed.

Putting in matte chrome cluster rings, possibly plasti dipping the 325i badge.

I am currently ordering some corner tweeters which are part of the premium speakers i think that sit behind the wing mirrors inside.

I am unsure weather i order premium black rear speakers of ebay as there are heaps for sale but i think il get 6x9 soundstreams at a later date.

I will be getting a window wiper :P and hopefully another plastic cover for centre of lower apron.

Thats all the little bits atm i can think of which is in the near future to do list.

Will update at a later date.

Window tints are going in on Friday 03rd May @ car foile - carbon supreme B)

I put in instrument cluster rings on the speedo

Leather gaiter on the handbrake.

^ have one for the 5 speed when conversion is done.

I ordered some brembo brake ... caliper covers. They silicone over your exisiting calipers. Attatched a pic of them on my bro in laws 328i e30.

Tax refund due mid June. Its enough for a set of brand new tyres for my bbs :)

I want to wire in some footwell lights like Lucan did for LPC, wired into interior lights in roof so the footwell lights turn on when the doors open :)

Sorry for the slow progress guys ! Will get better soon. I am getting my licence back in just under 2 weeks!!

post-7153-1367040592.jpg

post-7153-1367040601.jpg

Fake brembo caliper covers? Really!?

Thought this project was going in a good direction, but now with this along with you having to be talked out of Kingstars I'm not so sure.

Don't be a ricer... Just be patient and do things properly.

Im only 20 mate of course im going to do things that people dont agree with but hey its my car at the end of the day aint it :)

Do what you want, just don't butcher the car. Silicone and holes in places where there aren't suppose to be can be very annoying when the next owner tyres to reverse your work :)

Do what you want, just don't butcher the car. Silicone and holes in places where there aren't suppose to be can be very annoying when the next owner tyres to reverse your work :)

Cheers bro. And i hear what your saying there ! Will keep that in mind for sure

Fake brembo caliper covers? Really!?

Posted Image

Fake things have their appeal to some I guess.

Posted Image

Fake things have their appeal to some I guess.

Id say they look a hell of a lot better than the standard 23 year old dust clogged unpainted calipers that are currently visible at the moment. May not be your guys cup of tea but imo i would rather see the painted caliper behind the bbs reps than what is there now

Id say they look a hell of a lot better than the standard 23 year old dust clogged unpainted calipers that are currently visible at the moment. May not be your guys cup of tea but imo i would rather see the painted caliper behind the bbs reps than what is there now

But why not spend that same money towards a rebuild kit (new piston washer etc) and clean the calipers up for a layer of paint.

That way your servicing the brakes & making them look nice again. Win win!

I got my windows tinted @ car foile last weekend.

Installed a maplight mirror from ftwe30's m325i he wrecked

Bought a sump guard off trademe too.

The brembo covers arrived but i wont update them on here since there are some high and mighty bimmersporters that throw unesacary hate into the mix. I dont really give a f**k about your opinions unless its useful advice or a nice opinion.

This is my build thread :)

post-7153-1368249264.jpg

post-7153-1368249272.jpg

post-7153-1368249282.jpg

Looking sweet bro keep it up !! what colour you thinking for the wheels?

i think a gun metal would look sweet

Thanks bro! That means alot.

I was thinking a gloss black centre with gold bolts. Have got some black bbs centre cap stickers with gold writing.

And finishing touch down the track is polished lips.

I was considering a gun metal/charcoal. But wasnt sure if it would clash with the car colour haha. Might play around with photoshop because i thought even white may look good.

Thanks bro! That means alot.

I was thinking a gloss black centre with gold bolts. Have got some black bbs centre cap stickers with gold writing.

And finishing touch down the track is polished lips.

I was considering a gun metal/charcoal. But wasnt sure if it would clash with the car colour haha. Might play around with photoshop because i thought even white may look good.

sounds good have you got an update keen to see the progress

sounds good have you got an update keen to see the progress

Not atm sorry, just moved house car is in garage atm.

I have to get wof done next weekend and i know one rear wheel bearing will fail haha so will be fixing whatever needs to be done first. Found some h&r springs and shocks from germany for half the price they are over here so will be waiting for tax return next month :P and ive nearly paid off my personalised plate for when the projects nearly done!

Will try fit the sump guard this weekend i think

This project will be a little sidetracked. Wof has lapsed and rego on hold. Car is parked up in garage whilst i work on it. I have just purchased a 1989 320i which my grandad owned since 2001 and one owner before him after import to nz in 1995. I hsve all the service history fromwhen my grandad owned it and he sold it to mums ex partner in 2009 and he is now selling rather cheap for minor faults which i can easily fix and resell the car. I will be getting my mate in Germany to send me over some h&r sport springs and shocks cup kit next month :) i purchased some se sideskirts for the 325i aswell which will eventually be colour coded delphin grey along with the front and rear bumpers.

This weekend i spent some time on the 325i.

Rego is on hold for 3 months while i work on her.

I fitted my sump guard, was a pretty straight foward job :)

I did a pretty average job painting my rocker cover, didnt really degrease it properly but it turned out alright ish.

I painted my se sideskirts i got from the for sale forum, i was choosing up between colour code and an oem black, i decided to spray them black so that they matched my is lip and door trims etc etc. Should look good once the H&R cup kit arrives from Germany.

To fit them i lined them up and marked where the clips will go, i marked and drilled a 8mm hole and put raw plugs in them, filled them with mds which i use at work to seal vents going through concrete tiles, and pushed them in place a screw on the bottom of either end of the sill and placed some firewood underneath over night to hold in place. I ran a bead of this black mds amd used soapy water and a popsicle stick to smooth into shape. This morning i removed the firewood props and it has set! :)

I will add some photos, my main focus atm will be on my 320i, i will swap the steelies with the bottle caps on the 325i and just need a top radiator hose, two wing mirrors and replace the front brake pads and with all the service history i have i should be able to sell for a decent price.

Thats all for now :)

post-7153-1370225368.jpg

post-7153-1370225384.jpg

post-7153-1370225397.jpg

post-7153-1370225411.jpg

Nice - looks OK black on a dark car anyway - might look a bit cheap on white or something. Dads 325i SE has them all colour coded in Glacier Blue, along with the bumpers (the top and bottom parts) and looks awesome - quite modern really.

Is that sealer you used a urethane type product (paintable etc?). Or silicone? Silicone has it's problems of course - causes shitloads of trouble with paint (ask a car painter!) - but is often acid cure for masonry use, and will make steel rust REALLY fast. Worth checking!

Nice - looks OK black on a dark car anyway - might look a bit cheap on white or something. Dads 325i SE has them all colour coded in Glacier Blue, along with the bumpers (the top and bottom parts) and looks awesome - quite modern really.

Is that sealer you used a urethane type product (paintable etc?). Or silicone? Silicone has it's problems of course - causes shitloads of trouble with paint (ask a car painter!) - but is often acid cure for masonry use, and will make steel rust REALLY fast. Worth checking!

Hi cheers mate, its paintable neutral cure selant, we use it on concrete tiles to seal rubber flashings on to painted slates.

I am sure it is fine where it is, fingers crossed :P.

If i had glacier blue i would defs colour code,

but for this colour i will just colour code bumpers in time.

Edited by JayCeeE30

Looking good mate, tidy and subtle! Goes quite well with the whole smoked lenses and black grill look.

looks sweet bro great progress so far.

Thanks guys means heaps!

I am get falken 205/45/16 all round either this weekend or next for the bbs reps.

My p plate is paid off but cant really put it on till the cars done

And i am ordering the h&r springs/shocks cup kit from germany end of month!

So that just leaves manual conversion most probably in july/august

Then its just sounds and euro tip exhaust.

I will change break pads when i do rims and i will need to replace a wheel bearing and maybe alternator for wof.

I have found brand new waterpump/gasket + cam belt and tensionors for $150 for the lot so im thinking i might aswell replace all that stuff before i put it on the road, than when its back on road il sort out an lsd and final touches will be gloss black on basket weaves and polished lip followed by a half respray because i need to cut a tiny bit of rust out from roof.

Im getting quite excited as my goal is to have this ready by my 21st in october, its just about prioritising between car funds and personal funds/bills etc.

Will keep you guys posted! :)

Edited by JayCeeE30

Im getting quite excited as my goal is to have this ready by my 21st in october, its just about prioritising between car funds and personal funds/bills etc.

Will keep you guys posted! :)

Looking sharp, do you have a shroud for the rad?