Sign in to follow this  
qube

Audi A4 2.0T 2005 avant

After a short search for the right wagon came across an Audi! (Don't hate!!)

Any thoughts on this? The B7 model.

Thanks!

Edit: car I was looking at just sold :(

Was a good deal too...

Phantom black colour s-line package 130kms nz new

Listed for $18500 in kerikeri

Oh well. Guess it wasn't meant to be. Better stick with bmws :)

Edited by QUBE

id take a 2005 Audi over a 2005 BM most days of the week

Could you elaborate on your reasons?

Seriously considering a 2005 325i wagon ATM.

Could you elaborate on your reasons?

Seriously considering a 2005 325i wagon ATM.

that was a looks based statement.

but i have driven E46s and have found them too focused on luxury and not enough on driving.

I'm not saying that a E90 is cheap to fix, but a B7 is on a different planet. Go the BM, better resale, better drivers cars.

I think I saw the wagon of original post today at the supermarket in Keri!

^ haha must have been it.. how many of these cars in kerikeri u reckon? haha...

but yea, i think ill stick with bmws.. i know it better than any other car and im used to it by now after 10 of them or so...

i think a e91 would be my pick all things considered.. except for the fact that its a bit small.. even for a 3 series.. i feel cramped already in my e46 after driving the e34 for a couple weeks... and the e90 line is waaay too tiny...

too much luxury (even more so than e46) and all the inside is jam packed of nothingness which still takes up room!!

anyways, my search continues..

oh and yea.. the b7 audis look pretty good... the rs4 wagon shape... drool... but not enough coin to buy or to repair..

Hey leave keri alone! haha. Down mums Dr alone there's a new S4, a new XJ, a new Gti, a Q7.... None of which i'm too keen on mind you.

Back to theme of posts, yes stay BMW, second hand Audis can be a b*tch!

not hating on keri but i just dont think there would be many duplicates of cars is what im saying... haha

my dad used to own a audi 80 wagon, that car was really good for years haha

I always liked Audi's and VW's. One day I was picking up my car from my mechanics and there happened to be an A6 of the 2003-8 shape or whatever the exact years are with the whole front disassembled. I commented that it looked pretty serious...

Apparently to accomplish what should be relatively simple repairs like a waterpump etc the car needs to be pretty much pulled apart.

That's just one anecdotal example from someone who does not know that much about mechanics but it chilled my wallet to the bone.

Either an E91 or an avant would be a good choice. Looks are preference, to me Avant's with the low slung roof line are killer, TBH I dont understand why anybody buys an Audi sedan.

The E91 on the other hand is different, for starters, there's probably 1 for every 10 Avant's in NZ, so bonus points.

The E90/1/2/3 interior is claustrophobic but then again, an A4 isn't too much better.

As for maintanence, an e90 isn't going to be much cheaper than and B7. Always depends on your luck. I had the Allroad for a few years, had its fair share of problems, but man I miss it, it went and it was roomy as hell.

I think either would be a good choice! Just see which one you find first!

I always liked Audi's and VW's. One day I was picking up my car from my mechanics and there happened to be an A6 of the 2003-8 shape or whatever the exact years are with the whole front disassembled. I commented that it looked pretty serious...

Apparently to accomplish what should be relatively simple repairs like a waterpump etc the car needs to be pretty much pulled apart.

That's just one anecdotal example from someone who does not know that much about mechanics but it chilled my wallet to the bone.

If it was a A4 1.8Turbo I understand the whole front of those needs to be removed to do the cambelt!

My old 20VT S4's 'needed' the front removed as well. an inline, longitudinal engine with all cylinders in front of the front axle!

If it was a A4 1.8Turbo I understand the whole front of those needs to be removed to do the cambelt!

Yeah, the B5 Passat is the same car under different shaped panels. The front end slides forward about 7 or 8 inches into 'service' position, buuuuuut it involves removing headlights, stretching a/c & cooling hoses and numerous other PITA tasks.

Most jobs require the front to be basically removed.

Stupid VW / Audi Group

Why not just set the damn thing up as a transverse mounted motor & box when it's front wheel drive? :(

My old 20VT S4's 'needed' the front removed as well. an inline, longitudinal engine with all cylinders in front of the front axle!

Which made them understeer like a mongrel. Scandanavian flick was the only way around it lol.