Sign in to follow this  
viettt

Importing car from Straya

Hey hey guys,

I have found a stunning Zinnoberrot Red E30 in NSW that I want, really really really really bad.

How much is shipping from Straya to NZ ChCh? Anyone know!??!?!

Thanks Viet!

These guys do a Roll on Roll off for approx $1400. You might struggle to get it legal on NZ roads though.

Special interest vehicle regos only when importing. Unfortunately unless its an m3 or other proven rare BMW you wont be able to register it for road legal.

Is there not a 20+ years old exception clause any more? That was what I used on my E30.

Check the NZTA web-site for the latest rules!

BM's tend to be quite a bit more expensive over there, by the time you land it here and go through 10 buckets of anxiety pills dealing with the idiots and stress, I'd have to say it wouldn't be worth it for a non M3 non Alpina E30.

Hold your horses and hold out for one in NZ?

These guys do a Roll on Roll off for approx $1400. You might struggle to get it legal on NZ roads though.

Thanks!!!

Special interest vehicle regos only when importing. Unfortunately unless its an m3 or other proven rare BMW you wont be able to register it for road legal.

Might have to find myself a M3 then!

Is there not a 20+ years old exception clause any more? That was what I used on my E30.

Will do that asap!!

BM's tend to be quite a bit more expensive over there, by the time you land it here and go through 10 buckets of anxiety pills dealing with the idiots and stress, I'd have to say it wouldn't be worth it for a non M3 non Alpina E30.

Hold your horses and hold out for one in NZ?

Yeah, i'll probably just hold my horses hahaha! probably try find something that's more worth it!!

Yup is a rolling 20 now. Prepare for a whole lot of old Jap rubbish to flood in.

ahh just what we needed...... more old cars keeping the prices up.

The Japs are pretty good at getting old cars off the road. Anything that has lasted 20 years over there should be in good nick and towards the collectible end of the range.

Not so sure that goes for other countries though...

Oh dear god. I forgot about 20 year old American cars. Couldn't be anything worse.