Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Post the ugliest car IYO

IMO, the Tilux is far, far worse than the e46 compact. I know they have a cult following, so I'm cringing in anticipation of the replies.

Posted Image

Wash your mouth out with soap, the best car i ever owned and driven.

Haha, I had one of those boxy S-Classes, I liked it but I know lots of people don't.

I reserve a special bit of hate for these:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The 2nd one is usually clapped out and driven by large families at 80 in the fast lane of the motorway, or by tourists who don't know where they're going.

Wtf is that? Looks a bit like the izusu car but i dont think it is

A Saturn 'S-Series'. I think I saw one in New Plymouth once too :lol:

These Mercs always get to me, so vuglar and cheap... especially now that most of them are in really poor condition.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's like they didn't bother.

No offense Michael but how old are you?

I remember seeing the S-Class when it was released in 1989 and I can assure you it was a well received, handsome and show stopping car at what used to be the national motor-show.

Feeling old.

I think the main reason they are so cheap is the massive service costs, expect 20-50k for a overhaul :o

Whilst I'm in my time machine, check out monstrosity of fail.

Posted Image

Careful, there are lots of bogans out there that would kill you for saying nasty things about the Walky SS :lol:

If you think some of the replicas driving around look bad due to poorly fitting body kits, you should see the originals - jeez.

I am developing a hatred of these things, mainly because of their looks, but also because 99% of the time they have crap drivers in them...

post-2707-1363476427.jpg

post-2707-1363476454.jpg

Why do drivers who are 4'6" tall need so much headroom? and what is fun about "cargo" stupid, stupid cars! <_<

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

Careful, there are lots of bogans out there that would kill you for saying nasty things about the Walky SS :lol:

If you think some of the replicas driving around look bad due to poorly fitting body kits, you should see the originals - jeez.

I am developing a hatred of these things, mainly because of their looks, but also because 99% of the time they have crap drivers in them...

post-2707-1363476427.jpg

post-2707-1363476454.jpg

Why do drivers who are 4'6" tall need so much headroom? and what is fun about "cargo" stupid, stupid cars! <_<

Ha, they fall into a massive group of Japanese imports that look similar, I hate them because one drove into my race car and wrote it off last year!

RE the VL Group-A SS, as you probably well know they were dubbed the Plastic Pig when new, I remember when the first batch landed in NZ, a mates dad had one brand new.. it was actually stolen and found as a bare shell within a year, build plate, vin and all, there must be a fake one out there somewhere! Even the Cosworth Sierra had nothing on the beautiful E30 M3.

Any low rent jappa. With budget b grade beam axel horse and cart cost saving f**k suspension. There are so many of these dangerous little sh*t boxes on the road with equally bad tires to match. They sell them as known names here but are the lowest of the low in Japanese cars that some how make it through compliance.

Nissan Pulsar CJ, Toyota windy ... yeah you know what i'm talking about.

Ham cars.

No offense Michael but how old are you?

I remember seeing the S-Class when it was released in 1989 and I can assure you it was a well received, handsome and show stopping car at what used to be the national motor-show.

Feeling old.

I think the main reason they are so cheap is the massive service costs, expect 20-50k for a overhaul :o

Haha, I see where you're coming from.. I am 23.

I personally find that era of Mercedes to be quite poor aesthetically, don't get me wrong, by comparison I loved the previous W126 Mercedes, I nearly bought a 1989 420SE in 2011 until I woke up & smelt the coffee, realizing it would have been daft. (up keep costs)

On the contrary, my tastes are old man like & somewhat questionable. I've owned a 1990 Toyota Celsior/LS400,. It was in mint original condition with 101,000kms all done by the first Japanese owner that shipped it over from Japan as his NZ 'holiday' car when he came over to see his children here. Despite what people think, these are beautifully made throughout and still run perfectly today for the most part. The styling was decent for their target market, simple & conservative, superior to that of the 1990s S class IMO. Rather miss that car, but I am happier with the E36, at least it has the same heart under the hood!

Edited by Michael.

Ha, WTF is a Walkinshaw doing in here? Real ones of those are quire valuable and desireable! IYO I guess!

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Agree on the ford KA. saw one the other day with a personalized plate [ DA KA ] lol..oh so badly I wanted to ram it off the road. But yea...

Ha, WTF is a Walkinshaw doing in here? Real ones of those are quire valuable and desireable! IYO I guess!

In my opinion yes, I understand as good as any that the appeal of an object can be in a childhood memory, the way it works, the dollar value given or can even be decided by your peers, we have all brought things or formed opinions based on popularity or the opinions of others, you know, worn something because your mates were, decided the nek minnit guy was funny.

Given you had never seen a car before and had no idea that it was a valuable car to rich bogans, would you honestly say it was not a hideous car? Its like they took a car designed with half ruler, a compass and Pizza Hut pencil and melted burnt blue-tack over the top.

IMHO :lol:

A mate had one of these when I was 15, was his first car and given to him by his granddad, must say he got a bit of grief for it, was the same colour and all.

Posted Image

A mate had one of these when I was 15, was his first car and given to him by his granddad, must say he got a bit of grief for it, was the same colour and all.

Posted Image

We were pretty ruthless about the old Princesses when I was a kid... Would love a mint one now!

LOL Graham, I couldn't disagree with you more. Yes, I had a poster of a Walky in the late 80s' I'd still love one even though a modern day euro diesel would give it a hiding & what cars weren't made with a ruler and that Pizza hut sh*t you mentioned haha?

LOL Graham, I couldn't disagree with you more. Yes, I had a poster of a Walky in the late 80s' I'd still love one even though a modern day euro diesel would give it a hiding & what cars weren't made with a ruler and that Pizza hut sh*t you mentioned haha?

Sorry mate, but I'm with Graham. It looks like it was designed by Pablo Picasso.

Sorry mate, but I'm with Graham. It looks like it was designed by Pablo Picasso.

This is why this thread is IYO :)

This is why this thread is IYO :)

Very few of my posts contain anything other than opinion.

Any similarity to actual facts is purely coincidental.

Walkinshaws are horrible,

BUT

Caldinas with body kits are worse.. there is a green wide body one down the road from my work.. Ill have to get a photo sometime

Nice! I like it when they put body kits on body kits as so it looks like the car has two body kits and renders the car useless at anything other than cruising slowly.. exactly what a Turbo AWD is good for!

My favorite is when someone takes a very fast and capable car like an EVO or STI and replaces the suspension with some unknown $1,000 coilovers lowering it so much that it can barely corner on anything short of smooth off ramp and then replaces the factory 7x8" wheels and high performance tyres with some heavy 19x7.5's wrapped in whatever is cheapest bro. They think it looks smart, who am I to argue :mellow:

Yup, there is no fact that any car is actually ugly, its like me saying your wife is ugly yet in your eyes she is the most beautiful person in the world.

The 1988 Grope A SS is someones wife wearing all the clothes she owns at once with an outer layer of glad wrap, if she takes all that off I'm sure she is awesome underneath.

The 1988 Grope A SS is someones wife wearing all the clothes she owns at once with an outer layer of glad wrap, if she takes all that off I'm sure she is awesome underneath.

:lol::lol::lol:

I think the cars that rile me the most are all the drab base model cars that came out of Japan, especially when they are all dirty and damaged like the majority are in NZ

Posted Image

Nissan Bluebird

Posted Image

Mitsubishi Emeraude

Posted Image

Toyota Sprinter Marino. Huhhhh

Yeah WTF? (from a 44 year old bogans POV)

Its like they took a car designed with half ruler, a compass and Pizza Hut pencil and melted burnt blue-tack over the top.

IMHO :lol:

C'mon Graham, have you looked at your Renaults with ya eyes open haha.

That actually did make me laugh out loud. If only more would admit to it.

I would post some pic's for input but i haven't got the time to trawl for pic's of 99% of late model bimmers hehehe.

99% of late model bimmers hehehe.

so true

Caldinas with body kits are worse.. there is a green wide body one down the road from my work.. Ill have to get a photo sometime

My god that thing is uuuuuuuggllllyyy!

I would post some pic's for input but i haven't got the time to trawl for pic's of 99% of late model bimmers hehehe.

What do you mean? :ph34r:

Posted Image