Sign in to follow this  
flyrat

RIP Cosmos

Thanks all for the kind words, and Ray for sorting the awesome car, it was a good send off.

I've posted a copy of the DVD I created for the funeral which was playing in the background as people spoke. It covers off Brian's passions and interests, it's got loads of BMW pics of bimmersport members cars in there.

You can view it here

Cheers

Andrew

I only just heard about this now, very sad I didn't know earlier.

Brian was definitely one of my favourite characters off the site, and one thing I loved most about him, is when I'd visit we didn't sit and chat about BMWs (although that's how we'd first met). We would crack open a couple beers, put on one of his MANY live rock DVDs (he had one of the best collections I'd ever seen, and great taste in music) and just sit and chill out for a while.

A couple Christmases back, he gave me a batch of some of the best cookies I've eaten, and a cactus, yes a f**king cactus. I loved his rants on about the Bimmersport scene also, and his consistency with meets. If he said he was going to do something, or be somewhere, you could count on it. A true man of his word.

Brian and I though years apart, were on the same level and I'm absolutely gutted he's passed and I wasn't in touch enough to hear about it.

Rest in Peace mate, you were someone I looked up to.

I first saw the Hell Freezes over DVD when I was 19, and didn't see it again until sitting in Brians lounge one day. I already loved the Eagles, but there was something about sitting there with the music playing so loud you couldn't even shout at each other, drinking beers and inhaling secondhand smoke that just really set it in my head that the Eagles were one of the greatest groups ever and still to this day, I've always got an Eagles song in the playlist somewhere.

RIP mate. Will think of you every time we eat a BMW inspired cake!

Posted Image

C0SM0S and his music collection is for sale on Trademe: http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-574038498.htm

Music collection: http://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instruments...n-578877428.htm

As is his home theatre system: http://www.trademe.co.nz/electronics-photo...n-577710489.htm

All excellent quality stuff.

I first saw the Hell Freezes over DVD when I was 19, and didn't see it again until sitting in Brians lounge one day. I already loved the Eagles, but there was something about sitting there with the music playing so loud you couldn't even shout at each other, drinking beers and inhaling secondhand smoke that just really set it in my head that the Eagles were one of the greatest groups ever and still to this day, I've always got an Eagles song in the playlist somewhere.

This post cracked me up, always a keen man for a drink smoke loud music and new tips on how to avoid the idiots.

Just read the title, extremely saddening news indeed.

My deepest condolences to his family.

He will truly be missed around here.

Lol Pjay..you & me both hahahahahahaha

Listening to Garry Moore or watching Top Gear will never be the same for me

For those of us who knew Brian.....a black BMW with the plate 6ftundr siiting outside Fibbers would have had him roaring with laughter as only he could.

Ray....thank you so very much......the whole deal had me in hysterics thinking about it.

Lol Pjay..you & me both hahahahahahaha

Listening to Garry Moore or watching Top Gear will never be the same for me

For those of us who knew Brian.....a black BMW with the plate 6ftundr siiting outside Fibbers would have had him roaring with laughter as only he could.

Ray....thank you so very much......the whole deal had me in hysterics thinking about it.

Here`s Brian outside Fibbers. The stick is self-explanatory.

post-1470-1365150503.jpg

Looks like Brian needed a beer ontop of his coffin!

I just saw this. Very sad news indeed. He was a passionate guy who wore his enthusiasm on his sleeve. The world needs more people like that.

I haven't been on here in ages and just saw this! I actually only came on here to see any news on how Brian was doing, so saddened to see that he is no longer with us. He had a heart of gold, and I really enjoyed working with him on the Meguiar's sponsorship side of the festival of speed.