Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

BMW X4

Not bad. my mother will go for it. Then realise it has no boot space

Ugh

Posted Image

I loath these 'sporty' small crossover 4x4s, Imo they fit into that category of a car that shouldn't exist.

Ugh

Posted Image

EXACTLY waht I was thinking... Ugh....leee.

How busy can you actually make a car look - BMW has managed to screw up a whole lot of their trademark styling cues, but managed to successfully incorporate a huge amount of KIA styling cues (Although a lot of new KIA's look better that a number of BMW models!)

Edited by Allanw

Well spotted, that's exactly what it is. The X4 is to the X3 what the X6 is to the X5. Not exactly what I would call small, you don't get any real idea of the size from these style of concept images. Bearing in mind the current X3 is larger than the original X5 and this has the same platform..

It won't be a huge seller in terms of it's volume, but it's another niche which will generate a few more sales without excessive amounts of work as it's on an existing platform and drive-train. Still a few more (small) gaps to fill in the market!

Wait for the only one they've missed out of the x series line up the x7. It'd be the size of an H2

Posted Image

Posted Image

hahaha so true, ironic German manufacturer choosing to design a car that looks like a bulldog

Edited by Mr2low

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spot on for likeness Josh :)

How busy can you actually make a car look - BMW has anaged to screw up a whole lot of their terademark styling cues, but managed to successfully incorporate a huge amount of KIA styling cues (Altough a lot of new KIA's look better that a number of BMW models!)

Haha, too true, too true.

Ugh

Posted Image

I loath these 'sporty' small crossover 4x4s, Imo they fit into that category of a car that shouldn't exist.

Really? More practical than a sedan, better looking than the wagon (actually better looking than almost all the current range) & smaller than the large cars (5/6/7).

I like it. Would I buy one over a VW Tiguan? Probably not, but would I take it over the 4 door sedan? Yes.

I'm more traditional with regard to the vehicle model range, I'd rather them stick to the 'normal' range of coupes, sedans, wagons, and the full size 4x4.

I know times have moved on since then and more people want variety, and that other makers have had to do it for competition reasons or else loose out in the market.

Really? More practical than a sedan, better looking than the wagon (actually better looking than almost all the current range) & smaller than the large cars (5/6/7).

I like it. Would I buy one over a VW Tiguan? Probably not, but would I take it over the 4 door sedan? Yes.

Neither, I can almost guarantee that a fully loaded R Line Tiguan will be miles cheaper, that and the R Line Tiguan is a bloody good looking car IMO.

Tiguan R Line

Neither, I can almost guarantee that a fully loaded R Line Tiguan will be miles cheaper, that and the R Line Tiguan is a bloody good looking car IMO.

Tiguan R Line

Word.

On a different note what is with the sower or smile face look on the modern car pugs a grin to escape from. Josh's photos of the X4 the Tiquan smile no offense meant to anyone but really what are these car designer's thinking or not?.