Sign in to follow this  
rogan

Hugely loud stereo gear for sale

Not mine but someone I know (and no I'm not getting asnything for this link)

Atomic 5000rms amp - that's true watts not sony / earthquake / boss stuff.

DD 18" monster subwoofer. One of the few subs that could handle the huge power.

I've bought stuff off the guy before and he treats his gear well and he won't rip you off.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings....?member=2045888

Perfect gear for anyone wanting to go deaf. If tinitis isn't your thing, that McIntosh amp is very well regarded for SQ

Edited by rogan

Yeah right

5000 W RMS would consume 416 amps of current at 12V - thats about as much as a starter motor.

A typical 60AH battery would thus go flat in 8.6 minutes when the amp is at full volume and consuming 416 amps.

There's something here I just do not believe.....

Yeah right

5000 W RMS would consume 416 amps of current at 12V - thats about as much as a starter motor.

A typical 60AH battery would thus go flat in 8.6 minutes when the amp is at full volume and consuming 416 amps.

There's something here I just do not believe.....

99.999% of the time it wont be cranked up to 5000W anyways.

any anyone dropping this sort of money on their stereo that actually intends to use it (not just sank factor) is going to be doing batteries, capacitors, alternator as well if not first

They're not my cup of tea and I've done no real research into them. Pauls Audio in Chch are the Atomic Audio NZ distributors. Atomic Audio made a big impact in international SPL comps about 5 yrs ago but they seemed to chew through subwoofers at an alarming rate. And DD have been in the top SPL comps for the last 10 years or more.

Argue and debate all the specs you like but they are competition proven models. What you guys seem to be missing is the power is used for burping. 3p, agree that efficiency is more useful than power input.

Edited by rogan