Sign in to follow this  
qube

another round of smartphones coming

just wondering what some of you guys think about the new phones coming soon..

namely:

iphone 5s

galaxy s4

htc one

nokia lumia something

lg optimus f5 & f7 & G Pro

personally looking forward to htc one, been using iphone 4 then 5, not a big fan of the samsung range although i hear a lot of good things about it...

will be interesting to see what google has coming up soon tho!

just wondering what some of you guys think about the new phones coming soon..

namely:

iphone 5s

galaxy s4

htc one

nokia lumia something

lg optimus f5 & f7 & G Pro

personally looking forward to htc one, been using iphone 4 then 5, not a big fan of the samsung range although i hear a lot of good things about it...

will be interesting to see what google has coming up soon tho!

Google Nexus 4 is the king phone at the moment. You just can't beat the quality of the build and the trump card is the pure android experience (no shitty samsung or htc skinning on it) - and Google support it directly, so when Android 5.0 comes out in May - the Nexus will get it immediately. Unbeatable.

Keen to see the HTC one - looks great.

Apple will continue down their boring path... love Apple, but the iPhone 5 was boringly great.

If you gave me any samsung, i'd sell it immediately on trademe to some samdroid and get something else. Samsungs are plasticy, unsupported and pretty low quality gimmick machines. Sold my SGS3 after 2 weeks, Couldn't stand it. (But that's just me) The S4 looks equally full of gimmicks and made of cheap toxic plastic. No doubt they will continue their trend of loving you before you buy, then hating you when you need support.

Nokia who? Windows what? Game over there...Google and Apple have this game sown up. I like Windows Phone, but it is very one dimensional and you get bored with it after a couple of weeks. GUI is wrong.

For me, the Google Nexus 4 is my main phone at the moment - it is awesome. I have iPhones and other misc phones about too, but the Nexus 4 is the go to guy. Recommended. I do have an eye on the HTC One, but if it has the terrible SenseUI skin on it - no thanks.

Good times if you are into mobile computing.

Basically my thoughts exactly^

Never was a fan of Samsung due to average build quality and the Samsung/android os.

Keen to see htc one as it looks to have good build quality but will need to see their take on modifying the android os.

iPhones are great in terms of simplicity. It does everything well but it's boring.

Will be checking out the nexus phone. Google will be bringing out the big guns soon I imagine.

HTC Butterfly - purely because it looks so damn good.

Posted Image

Agree on the S4 being a gimmicky waste of time. Also on nexus 4 being the best phone out there.

I'll save the coin and stick with my HTC One X until we see a major leap forward. This next generation is just an evolution rather than revolution.

jumped onto smartphones with the iphone 4 and then now an iphone 5. i love how its so simple to use, its quick and does everything i need. call/txt/email/photos/web searches/facebook (haha)

not really sure if i feel the need to change to android - nexus 4, htc one, whatever else

i never really used one properly and im a little bit hesitant/scared...

hmmmmm

jumped onto smartphones with the iphone 4 and then now an iphone 5. i love how its so simple to use, its quick and does everything i need. call/txt/email/photos/web searches/facebook (haha)

not really sure if i feel the need to change to android - nexus 4, htc one, whatever else

hmmmmm

Back in the day you were mentally ill if you bought anything other than an iPhone. Android 4.0 onwards changed all that. Androids can be as simple or as customized as you like. The massive gorgeous screens on them make them 10x easier to use than any iPhone and the open/customizable nature of them allows you to make the phone you actually want. Not what some patronizing twat at apple tells you you need.

There's a reason this iteration of droids is the first to outsell iPhones. My second hand $500 One X dicks all over my mates $1100 iPhone 5. And if you can use an iPhone you can use an android. No one needs to change to android but you'll probably be glad you did.

That's just my thoughts but you're much better off listening to "E90 M3". This is what he does.

Google Swiftkey flow too ;)

bigger screens are nice but i miss my iphone 4 being able to use it fully with one hand, even iphone 5 is a bit difficult and my hands are not that small.. imagine how much troublesome it would be with a galaxy note!

Nexus 4 is good but it has drawbacks.

- back cracks easy and is super slippery

- camera is poor. Yes poor.

- battery is average only.

- design is lacklustre.

- speaker is average

Running both stock and CM10 with faux kernel and sometimes Franco. Better battery than stock but still nothing great.

The One looks sweet, but battery doesn't sound that great either.

hmmmmm

If you are happy with the iPhone 5 then stay on it. They are a great device. Any Android isn't going to do much more than the iPhone 5 does - despite what some fandroids say.

Anyone who starts on with hacking the shite out of Android and rootkitting the side out of its cpu membrane and updating the kernel to patch level 7 while deploying a new SSD loader is nuts - slowly back away, roll your eyes and head for safety. Fandroid alert! (Not saying iPhone fanatics are much better, but fandroids are getting madder by the day)

We are headed for some very evolutionary phones over the next 2 years - nothing revolutionary like the iPhone was in 2007. Still, some good times ahead. Just know that when you buy your next phone, you can choose either Android or iPhone and be happy with either - but don't rush out immediately - it isn't worth it.

Enjoy the iPhone 5!

Nexus 4 is good but it has drawbacks.

- back cracks easy and is super slippery

- camera is poor. Yes poor.

- battery is average only.

- design is lacklustre.

- speaker is average

No removable storage support was the biggest negative.

Sold it before I moved over here, to a guy up north, hope he's looking after it!

Miss it every day.

I'm buying an HTC One when I feel the urge...

Would buy a Nexus 4 tomorrow if I was buying.

Have a HTC One X right now.

iPhones have never ever interested me... well the first one did, when it was an amazing new thing that only nerds would buy.

HTC Butterfly - purely because it looks so damn good.

Posted Image

Agree on the S4 being a gimmicky waste of time. Also on nexus 4 being the best phone out there.

I'll save the coin and stick with my HTC One X until we see a major leap forward. This next generation is just an evolution rather than revolution.

Good phone. My flatmate bought one. Feels like its put together very well, and it's a good size.

My Galaxy note 2 on the other hand.... Broke the screen 1 month after owning it, Then replaced it myself. Less than a month after replacing that one I broke it again... Gorilla Glass is crap. Will never buy another Samsung again <_<

On the adoption of technology curve I am in the middle. I own a 17 year old bimmer, have an iPhone 3GS, an old (souped up) xbox arcade and kobo touch. They all work brilliantly.

I do have a brand new Macbook Pro but work paid for that. It also works brilliantly, but no better than any of my old tech. Would like the camera quality of iPhone 4 and 5 though. One day... When my 3GS dies.

Anyone who starts on with hacking the shite out of Android and rootkitting the side out of its cpu membrane and updating the kernel to patch level 7 while deploying a new SSD loader is nuts - slowly back away, roll your eyes and head for safety. Fandroid alert! (Not saying iPhone fanatics are much better, but fandroids are getting madder by the day)

You wouldn't dare modify a car either would you?

Stick to your iPhone brah...

Just got a Samsung Ativ S Windows 8 phone, user replaceable battery, SD card $700 at Noel Leemings (South Island) very nice phone (well I would say that wouldn't I)

Have had a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for a week and love it. Was in the market for a new phone and just couldn't decide, refuse to buy any apple products and everything else just didn't tickle my fancy. So i just bought the Note 2. To start off i thought "holy sh1t this thing's huge" (and i've got gorilla hands) but after having it a week i couldn't go back to anything smaller. I very much doubt i'll ever use it to it's full capabilities because by chr*st it's got some stuff haha.

You wouldn't dare modify a car either would you?

Stick to your iPhone brah...

:-X

Seems like the superphone trinity is almost here. The Samsung GS4, HTC One and Sony Xperia Z are about to hit town. All 1920x1080 screens, 12MP cameras (the HTC has 4MP Ultrapixel tech), 2GB RAM and fast.

Most people won't care about that techo stuff, but I bought the Xperia Z last week - the 1080p screens on these nextgen phones is amazing.

As for the cameras, check out a couple of concert shots I took at Black Sabbath. Keep in mind the lighting is concert lighting and we were quite far away. Click on each to see: http://500px.com/mrad01/sets/concerts

I'm really impressed with the Sony. I suspect I'll end up on the HTC One because the build quality & materials looks amazing.

As for the cameras, check out a couple of concert shots I took at Black Sabbath. Keep in mind the lighting is concert lighting and we were quite far away. Click on each to see: http://500px.com/mrad01/sets/concerts

Great photos. How was the show? My wife (who is a writer) missed out on the opportunity to meet the band in order to come with me on BMW drive day. She doesn't quite share my passion for German cars and is still a bit gutted, I think!

Great photos. How was the show? My wife (who is a writer) missed out on the opportunity to meet the band in order to come with me on BMW drive day. She doesn't quite share my passion for German cars and is still a bit gutted, I think!

I was very impressed - the star of the show was certainly the guitarist. Ole Tony can still bring out the munter in anyone with those massive riffs. Bloody awesome.

Geezer/Drummer dude kept the backend pumping which was pretty key.

Ozzy just did whatever he liked - quite well too.

Just bought an HTC One for testing etc. F**k! What a device!!!!!!!

Before you slap down your hard earned cash for one of those shitty Galaxy S4 gimmick phones - go try the HTC One. Stunning, fast, best display (not oversaturated turd like the S4) and the software is actually useful. In testing the One outshines the S4 in almost every category except battery life (very close) and the S4 camera gives a slightly better shot, but for everything else, the One eats it.

Don't look at spec sheets and numbly follow the Samsung TV ads which are slowly altering your brains. Go to a phone shop and ask to try the HTC One. Nothing like comparing the two side by side for yourself. If they don't have the HTC in stock - ask when and wait.

Yes, it's that good.

There is a great comparison GSM Arena between the S4 and the HTC One. The only thing the One loses out on is the, battery life, camera and no SD card slot. Although I'm pretty sure there are 64GB version of the HTC One which should be big enough.

Apparently the nz s4 comes as a quadcore and not octocore..

Had a look at then s4 and to me felt very plastic and flimsy. I still think the s2 was a well built phone from the galaxy range.

If I was to choose would definitely go htc one also.